Tropico 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:40:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Tropico 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tropico 5  (Read 245 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2016, 08:21:56 PM »

WTF am I doing wrong, or it just hard as hell?  I've got the setting set really low, and I still always end up losing.  I don't mind losing in games like these, but sheesh.  If it aint the economy going in the tank...well, it's always the economy going in the tank and then my people hate me and run me out of office through the ballot box or at the end of a rope.  I've tried being nice and I've tried being nicer and these asshats still hate me.

tips or hints?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:14:12 AM »

Haven't played Tropico 5, but as long as they've not changed much from Tropico 3 it should be the same.

Focus on farming first; raise wages at your port and just keep farming. Build a restaurant or too, along with a Military Base that's well stocked to keep rebels in bay. As you slowly move up focus on logging/timber. Beyond that it gets tricky :/
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:37:26 AM »

Yeah, I've gotten a bit better (and lowered the difficulties even more).  But yeah, my current and most successful game so far I've been focusing hard on "soft" industries like farming and ranching and that seemed to keep me out of the red.  I did have to reload from an autosave after just barely losing my second election, I kind of forgot to worry about things like police stations and health clinics. 

Also, murdering crime bosses is easy and fun.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies