Bernie wins Clark county NV convention vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 08:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bernie wins Clark county NV convention vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Bernie wins Clark county NV convention vote  (Read 7509 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2016, 04:34:41 PM »

It seems there's a lot of conflicting information on whether the congressional district delegates can change. If they don't, Hillary would win the delegates 18-17, which is the closest proportion to the original vote.
dax00

« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2016, 05:14:13 PM »

Any predictions what percentage of both camps's state delegates will show up for the Nevada State Convention? Hard not to figure the Hillary supporters will suffer a larger bout of absenteeism.
BundouYMB

« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Sanders, with his big money campaign and his thuggish supporters, will use any means necessary to steal the election from the People's Candidate. Thankfully, no matter how many smoke-filled conventions and caucuses Sanders' shady supporters slither around in the huge grassroots movement to elect an honest outsider like Hillary Clinton has simply delivered too many landslide victories in actual democratic elections.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2016, 06:19:27 PM »

It shouldn't surprise anyone that Sanders, with his big money campaign and his thuggish supporters, will use any means necessary to steal the election from the People's Candidate. Thankfully, no matter how many smoke-filled conventions and caucuses Sanders' shady supporters slither around in the huge grassroots movement to elect an honest outsider like Hillary Clinton has simply delivered too many landslide victories in actual democratic elections.

Do you actually believe any of what you wrote?
BundouYMB

« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »

All of it. Sanders' campaign has more money, that's a simple fact, and there were plenty of instances of his supporters acting intimidating and thuggish at caucus sites. He does stronger in caucuses in primaries, but Clinton's landslides in major primary states like Florida and Texas make that irrelevant. Those are all just facts.

Obviously, whether Hillary Clinton is "honest" or an "outsider" depends on a). your totally subjective opinion of what defines an outsider, although I'd note she's been out of office for several years and Sanders is a creature of the Senate, and b). whether you think she's "honest" person, which none of us actually know. And I guess whether her support is "huge" or "grassroots" could also be called subjective.

Did you want to actually dispute any of that?
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »

This is the difference between Sanders & Hillary supporters. You guys are classless people with no morals -  we have morals, ideals and principles.

Most of Sanders supporters agree that the original people's mandate be over-turned by some ridiculous process - Whether it is Super Delegates or this convention.

YOU COULD NOT GET YOUR SUPPORTERS TO COME - BLAME YOURSELF & DON'T DISGRACE YOURSELF WITH THESE PETTY COMMENT!

BTW I fully sympathize for the strenuous ridiculous processes - I'm sure old people find it difficult to go through that! And I congratulate all those Hill supporters who went through that!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2016, 09:04:15 PM »

This is the difference between Sanders & Hillary supporters. You guys are classless people with no morals -  we have morals, ideals and principles.

Most of Sanders supporters agree that the original people's mandate be over-turned by some ridiculous process - Whether it is Super Delegates or this convention.

YOU COULD NOT GET YOUR SUPPORTERS TO COME - BLAME YOURSELF & DON'T DISGRACE YOURSELF WITH THESE PETTY COMMENT!

BTW I fully sympathize for the strenuous ridiculous processes - I'm sure old people find it difficult to go through that! And I congratulate all those Hill supporters who went through that!
Deranged rant.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2016, 09:46:26 PM »

As a Hillary supporter, I am of course disappointed that this happened, but it doesn't change the nomination math much. Caucuses are anti-democratic. They should be abolished, and IA/NH/NV/SC need to be randomized with the other 46 states every calendar year. Hell, I'd be cool with a 50 state primary held in May. Make the primary actually reflect the general.

What I am, once again, really tired of hearing, is the frigging sanctimonious bull-pucky from the Bernie bots on this site. They are complete hypocrites. All "People's voices need to be heard!" until they say something other than #FeeltheBern. Then they dismiss the people as uneducated, or hacks, or morons, dismiss entire demographics, entire regions of the country, the whole concept of democracy. You know who has the most votes this election, in both parties? Hillary. Grow up and deal with it.

Of course, it's to be unexpected when their career politician candidate can pretend to be anti-establishment. The old fart's been in congress since I was in Jr High. He's just as establishment as the rest of them.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:00 PM »

Bernie Sanders REVOLUTION 2016.

Here's how I feel about caucuses anyway:

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2016, 12:47:29 AM »

All of it. Sanders' campaign has more money, that's a simple fact, and there were plenty of instances of his supporters acting intimidating and thuggish at caucus sites. He does stronger in caucuses in primaries, but Clinton's landslides in major primary states like Florida and Texas make that irrelevant. Those are all just facts.

Obviously, whether Hillary Clinton is "honest" or an "outsider" depends on a). your totally subjective opinion of what defines an outsider, although I'd note she's been out of office for several years and Sanders is a creature of the Senate, and b). whether you think she's "honest" person, which none of us actually know. And I guess whether her support is "huge" or "grassroots" could also be called subjective.

Did you want to actually dispute any of that?

I've heard of intimidation of Bernie being by Hillary people, and not the other way around.

Hillary's SuperPACs give her a monetary advantage.

Hillary has proven herself to be very dishonest with her attacks on Bernie. And 67% of Americans say she's not honest and trustworthy.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #135 on: April 04, 2016, 12:57:26 AM »

I've heard of intimidation of Bernie being by Hillary people, and not the other way around.

Hillary has proven herself to be very dishonest with her attacks on Bernie. And 67% of Americans say she's not honest and trustworthy.

1)Have any evidence or you are just pulling it out of the same orifice you pull most of your arguments?

2)Clinton's super-PAC has spent almost 0 money in the primary and Sanders has routinely outspent her in almost every state.

3)According to every fact-checker in the country it's Sanders who is running the most dishonest campaign. The guy is even lying when he is talking about his own platform.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #136 on: April 04, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »

1)Have any evidence or you are just pulling it out of the same orifice you pull most of your arguments?

2)Clinton's super-PAC has spent almost 0 money in the primary and Sanders has routinely outspent her in almost every state.

3)According to every fact-checker in the country it's Sanders who is running the most dishonest campaign. The guy is even lying when he is talking about his own platform.

You are a Clinton hack, okay - But when you lie that shows how classless Clinton fans are.

The PAC, which is the main vehicle for major donations in support of Clinton, did not originally intend to spend significantly on the primary. But that changed in the days after Sanders blew Clinton out in New Hampshire, with a $5 million effort focused primarily on building turnout among African-American and Hispanic voters. The group has invested roughly $140,000 on digital ads in Arizona — a state where Sanders’ team believes he can compete against Clinton -- but not in any other states with primaries or caucuses in the coming weeks.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/hillary-clinton-primary-super-pac-220897#ixzz44s0Hf8CC

Radio ads and direct mail funded by Priorities will go on the air and into mailboxes in Ohio, Illinois, Arizona and Florida, focusing in particular on turning out Latino and African-American voters in support of Clinton. Priorities plans to spend a total $4.5 million to boost voter turnout in the March states, building on spending that began in February.

http://time.com/4251703/hillary-clinton-super-pac-march-primaries/

I am not even going into the Fact checker - Most fact checker has given a list of Clinton lies - Politico has given a pants on fire lies on most. That is not a matter of debate.

You attempted to mislead people by lying - You should apologize & expect you are fraud

Just put Fraud infront of your username so people can know what kind of person you are!
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #137 on: April 05, 2016, 04:22:44 PM »

Interesting insight into the debacle:  http://letstalknevada.com/convention-catastrophe-election-2016-special-report/?fb_ref=1326fc2bd4fe48eeb4fd4e9839a22b1b-Facebook
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2016, 02:18:23 AM »

If it were Hillary taking away delegates that Bernie rightfully won, the Sandernistas would be shrieking right now...

And the Hacks for Hillary brigade would be calling Caucuses as the only truly democratic way to select a Presidential nominee.

That's funny, I remember most Hillary people here wanting to abolish caucuses even when her caucus record was 2-0 and primary record was 0-1...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies