Are you sick of the 'Bathroom Question'?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:04:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are you sick of the 'Bathroom Question'?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Poll
Question: Are you sick of what bathrooms people are allowed to use being treated as a major political issue?
Yes

No

KEEP THEM WEIRDOS OUT OF THE LADIES' ROOM!!!!!

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 115

Author Topic: Are you sick of the 'Bathroom Question'?  (Read 5952 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2016, 10:51:46 PM »

Yes. If something must absolutely be done to prevent those without penises getting a peek at those with them pissing, then mandate doors on urinal stalls.

Actually I take back my previous post, I'd totally support a law banning urinals. They're the worst. Regular toilets for everybody!

California has enough water shortages already.

Well, I don't know about you but I'd rather waste some water to protect people's privacy than to enrich the almond industry.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2016, 06:54:15 AM »

Nope. It's a legitimate public safety concern.

What public safety concern is there that wouldn't be covered by existing laws against assault and related offenses?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2016, 06:59:52 AM »

i'm sick of dipshıt far-righters drumming up a moral panic over a nonexistent problem, yeah. this "issue" is even more ridiculous than the "war on christmas".
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2016, 07:37:54 AM »

Yes. If something must absolutely be done to prevent those without penises getting a peek at those with them pissing, then mandate doors on urinal stalls.

Actually I take back my previous post, I'd totally support a law banning urinals. They're the worst. Regular toilets for everybody!

Well, I don't know about you but I'd rather waste some water to protect people's privacy than to enrich the almond industry.

Doesn't everybody have the option of simply not using urinals already? Or better yet...be like me and not use public facilities?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2016, 11:19:08 AM »

what
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2016, 11:59:34 AM »

Doesn't everybody have the option of simply not using urinals already? Or better yet...be like me and not use public facilities?

Obviously, but please don't ruin my rants. Tongue
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2016, 12:20:47 PM »

What public safety concern is there that wouldn't be covered by existing laws against assault and related offenses?
Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer.  It's the same thing with "hate crime" BS.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »

Yes.  Because in real life no one has tried to alter the bathroom arrangements anywhere were I live/go to school/work.  Atlas is a weird little place.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2016, 06:25:45 PM »

aww hell naw

Anyway, the fact that people get so worked up over these laws is hilarious. They're completely unenforceable and totally symbolic in nature. Just a way to poke "dem dere freaks" in the eye through the legislative process. It's basically equivalent to Mississippi or whatever passing a resolution stating "trans people are icky. EWWWWWW!"
Vern
vern1988
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.30, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »

The issue is what stop a man putting on a dress and going to a woman's bathroom or locker room to creep on women? I think both sides are being stupid and need to come together to solve this problem.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2016, 09:10:31 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2016, 09:13:43 PM by CrabCake »

under these laws that NC sought to ban sexual harassment remained illegal. The 'problem' is little more than scaremongering based on misogynistic ideas of women as dainty agency-free weakings who need protection from men.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2016, 09:16:23 PM »

You clearly need to go on a REALLY long plane ride. These sorts of habits can be changed Tongue
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »

"Bathroom question"?

Oh.

Options 1 and 3. Haha, and option 3 applies to the men's room as well! Wink
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2016, 11:18:26 PM »

If you're concerned about water use in agriculture, you should check out the amount required for beef.

Also, anyone who wants to legislate what bathroom people use should probably STAY HOME.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 01:31:33 AM »

No. This political issue highlights an intense divide between most people and the ruling class of this country. Any highlighting is good if it gives the other America a chance to develop its class consciousness.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 06:31:38 PM »

1 and 3
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 06:40:59 PM »

True, forcing trans women to use the men's room does put them at risk of being beaten up.

What about women and kids having to deal with trans men? That's why it's a legit concern.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 07:40:59 PM »

True, forcing trans women to use the men's room does put them at risk of being beaten up.

What about women and kids having to deal with trans men? That's why it's a legit concern.

Do you understand how this works, or are you just inserting claims into the discourse because any topic relating to gender warrants a recitation of your religious viewpoint?
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 07:50:23 PM »

Is your geologist girlfriend going to marry you so she can study pieces of rock, like your head, more closely?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 03:50:00 AM »

i mean, jcl is (unintentionally?) correct here: trans men should not be forced into women's bathrooms, which is one of the effects of these laws.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 02:13:20 PM »

Is your geologist girlfriend going to marry you so she can study pieces of rock, like your head, more closely?

My head is not a piece of rock.

i mean, jcl is (unintentionally?) correct here: trans men should not be forced into women's bathrooms, which is one of the effects of these laws.

My position is based on protecting our women and children against men masking themselves as transgendered just to have whatever way they want with them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 02:27:59 PM »

That's right. A piece of rock is far more likely to provide something of intellectual substance.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 02:28:57 PM »

indeed. it would make more sense if you were dating a vacuum engineer.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

My position is based on protecting our women and children against men masking themselves as transgendered just to have whatever way they want with them.
[/quote]

this is not a problem that exists in the real world.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2016, 02:46:48 PM »

What bathroom should he use?

Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2016, 02:48:31 PM »

It baffles me that someone somewhere thought that this was witty.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies