[don't know if serious] Washington Sanders supporters allege fraud from Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:21:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  [don't know if serious] Washington Sanders supporters allege fraud from Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: [don't know if serious] Washington Sanders supporters allege fraud from Hillary  (Read 1540 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 01:23:51 PM »

All of the specific anecdotal reports of errant locations I've seen have been because the Party's database (which Clinton is using) lags the state's database -- so people who have changed addresses are getting the wrong location.  That's not really something the Clinton campaign can be expected to do much about.

Beyond that, there's always a few idiots who don't understand the system, and do things like giving out their personal form as a blank form to friends.  I haven't heard allegations of the campaigns doing that sort of thing, but even in that case, I usually assume incompetence before malice.

The more annoying thing has been the several pro-Sanders text messages that have been mass-spammed to Washington cell phone numbers over the last few days.  Obviously not an official campaign action, but holy god whoever is doing that needs to stop.

Okay I get it - People are using the text & call thing so you're likely to get some calls & texts! I assume you will get from both campaigns but Bernie's people will likely be a bit more enthusiastic!

No.   You're not allowed to text or autodial cell phones that haven't opted-in.  I think this is just some vigilante spammer.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 02:44:43 PM »

Reddit has devolved into full Paulbot conspiracy mode now. Sad!
madelka
United States
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »

They're accusing Hillary of fraud in Arizona too, lol:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/03/arizona-election-voter-fraud-bernie-sanders-azelectionfraud-provisional-ballot-maricopa-registration-long-lines/

God, how will the Berniebots react when Hillary finally clinches the nomination?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »

I love how they assume every single person in line was a Bernie supporter, ignoring the fact that Hillary supporters are a thing and there was a much higher turnout GOP primary happening simultaneously.

I also remember the "why are they calling it with only 1% in?!" conspiracy theory. The problem is that there wasn't 1% in, there was like 200k votes in by that point. So unless they think there were 20 million votes cast in the Democratic primary of a state with a total population of ~7 million...

The whole "1% in" thing is just news organizations having no idea how to actually quantify the early vote, so they just ignore it completely. The same thing happened in Ohio and Florida last week. Of course, it's much easier to whine on Reddit and cry about conspiracy theories than educate yourself and actually look up raw vote totals from past elections...

As for long lines, yeah, it sucks. But that's the US for you. I don't recall hearing complaints from Reddit about the massive lines and people having to wait forever at their caucus locations in Idaho. Maybe because Bernie won the state by 60 points? Couldn't be...
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »

^^ The non-AP networks seem to be doing the statewide % in on some sort of estimate of the final turnout number, at least in certain states. CNN and MSNBC had 40 to 50 percent in on their boards when they were calling the race, while AP was listing it as ~2% in. The 'magic wall' reveals that there are no such estimates being used on the county level whenever it is shown on air, but at the statewide level there appears to be such estimates.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »

smh
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length