Congrats (really) Icespear!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 02:19:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Congrats (really) Icespear!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Congrats (really) Icespear!  (Read 1147 times)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »

Hillary landslided in FL, won Ohio and North Carolina by double digits, and managed virtual ties in Illinois and Missouri. Delegate numbers for tonight aren't final, but it appears Hillary's pledged delegate lead is over 300 now. Barring huge mishaps in Arizona and New York, it's over.

Assuming TRUMP is the nominee (which looks likely after tonight), I'll be voting for Hillary in the general.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »

What it seems like is that the Democrats are beginning to coalesce around Clinton. Yeah Sanders will still win some states and more delegates, but for all intents and purposes this race is over.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:23:07 PM »

I'm not IceSpear, but I'm just as big of a "Hillary hack" as he is, so thanks! Smiley
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:24:59 PM »

Thanks!

I'm not IceSpear, but I'm just as big of a "Hillary hack" as he is, so thanks! Smiley

Love your sig!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 11:33:41 PM »

Congrats to Clinton supporters like IceSpear, who aren't disrespectful to us Sanders supporters. Once the primaries are over (the result is all but certain, but there are still states left to vote), we'll unite behind Clinton and stop Trump!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 11:38:36 PM »

Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 11:39:07 PM »

Congrats to Clinton supporters like IceSpear, who aren't disrespectful to us Sanders supporters. Once the primaries are over (the result is all but certain, but there are still states left to vote), we'll unite behind Clinton and stop Trump!

I'm still not a 100% in to support Clinton & probably won't but I don't want that monster Trump.

Congrats Icespear, one of the few dignified Hillary supporters who can have a rational conversation, unlike quite a few hacks who behave despicably - Some really pathetic people.

I hope Clinton beats Trump as Trump needs to stay the hell out of the White House!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2016, 11:57:14 PM »

As a Republican, can i just say i'm mystified at the level of rancor between Clinton and Sanders supporters when their candidates are far more similar in style and substance than most the GOP candidates (with the obvious exceptions of Trump and, to a lesser degree, Cruz).

not to mention i'll never understand how interest in the Democratic race has rivaled or even eclipsed interest in the Republiican race, considering it's been obvious since Super Teusday that Cliinton's inherent structural advantages among minority voters and superdelegates made her nomination a foregone conclusion (notwithstanding the "Michigan Miracle"). Meanwhile, even after the mmost successful night of his campaign it is at best a 50/50 shot he'll avoid a brokered convention which he'd likely lose.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 12:00:22 AM »

Hillary Hacks of Atlas rejoice! Let's pop open the champagne!

Yes please let's gear up to fight for our team to win in November! And cheers to Bernie, let's hope his message stays on!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 12:02:56 AM »

As a Republican, can i just say i'm mystified at the level of rancor between Clinton and Sanders supporters when their candidates are far more similar in style and substance than most the GOP candidates (with the obvious exceptions of Trump and, to a lesser degree, Cruz).

not to mention i'll never understand how interest in the Democratic race has rivaled or even eclipsed interest in the Republiican race, considering it's been obvious since Super Teusday that Cliinton's inherent structural advantages among minority voters and superdelegates made her nomination a foregone conclusion (notwithstanding the "Michigan Miracle"). Meanwhile, even after the mmost successful night of his campaign it is at best a 50/50 shot he'll avoid a brokered convention which he'd likely lose.

Uh, there's been nowhere near as much interest in the Dem race? Unless you mean on Atlas, but that's probably because we have a lot more Democrats/lefties here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 12:03:34 AM »

I'm not congratulating that bigoted piece of sh*t anymore, but congrats Hillary.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 12:06:18 AM »

And congratulations to all respectful Sanders supporters! You've made the left wing of the Democratic Party essentially unignorable going forward, and I sincerely hope that Bernie's delegates can get some good needed reforms into the Democratic Party platform. You've made it way farther than I could have ever anticipated when he got into the race. Вперёд друзья!
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:01 AM »

I'm still not a 100% in to support Clinton & probably won't but I don't want that monster Trump.

Congrats Icespear, one of the few dignified Hillary supporters who can have a rational conversation, unlike quite a few hacks who behave despicably - Some really pathetic people.

I hope Clinton beats Trump as Trump needs to stay the hell out of the White House!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 12:07:09 AM »

And Clinton eeks out Missouri to complete the sweep. Wow.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2016, 12:10:57 AM »

I'm not congratulating that bigoted piece of sh*t anymore, but congrats Hillary.

lol, you're STILL seething over that bait I threw out to lure out an Atlas double standard? It's time to take the advice of Idina Menzel and let it go. Wink
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 12:35:09 AM »

Congrats not just for this night, but for making it through this contentious primary season as one of the few Clinton hacks I actually like. Being bearable is a rare trait nowadays.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 12:39:45 AM »

Congrats not just for this night, but for making it through this contentious primary season as one of the few Clinton hacks I actually like. Being bearable is a rare trait nowadays.

Thanks. Most of the Bernie supporters here I'm fine with since they're at least realistic, and we can have rational debates. I'd probably be a lot meaner if we had a bunch of Reddit Baghdad Bobs/Dick Morrises roaming around. Tongue
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »

Thanks. Most of the Bernie supporters here I'm fine with since they're at least realistic, and we can have rational debates. I'd probably be a lot meaner if we had a bunch of Reddit Baghdad Bobs/Dick Morrises roaming around. Tongue

Wink
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 01:20:52 AM »

I'll share in the love.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 01:29:32 AM »

Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 01:38:38 AM »

It's really crazy how much values change throughout the years. Had I had the same mindset in 2008 that I do now, I would've supported Clinton. I absolutely love Obama and I'm so glad that he's the President, but my priorities and views in life have really changed from a 17 year old to a 25 year old. And that's not even that long a time.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 02:45:21 AM »

DIE SHILLARY DIE Congratulations IceSpear and Hillary - now go stop Dennis the Menace and get us some good Supreme Court Justices!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 02:50:56 AM »

lol, you're STILL seething over that bait I threw out to lure out an Atlas double standard? It's time to take the advice of Idina Menzel and let it go. Wink

Nice to know you've taken the 'say it was a social experiment' advice from late-2000s 4chan to heart.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2016, 03:11:53 AM »

Nice to know you've taken the 'say it was a social experiment' advice from late-2000s 4chan to heart.

Most of my posts in the thread were genuine. But the initial ones were obvious bait. If you can't see that, I imagine you have a hard time on the internet.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 03:26:41 AM »

Most of my posts in the thread were genuine. But the initial ones were obvious bait. If you can't see that, I imagine you have a hard time on the internet.

I can see it, I just don't consider it morally operative, partly because I don't consider it to have demonstrated what you now claim it was trying to demonstrate. Put another way: It was obvious bait, the kind trolls use. Asshole.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies