Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 12:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33
Author Topic: Democratic Ides of March Tuesday results thread (first polls close at 7pm ET)  (Read 45309 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 15, 2016, 08:26:40 PM »

Clinton is really not getting the margin she needs in Cook County and there is a ton of the vote in there.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #526 on: March 15, 2016, 08:29:29 PM »

I'm optimistic that while Sanders is all but going away, his message isn't, and that his candidacy shows how fed up people are.

The corporate media sabotaged this for him.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #527 on: March 15, 2016, 08:29:54 PM »

Meanwhile, MO is at 50-48 for Clinton (!?) and IL at 53-46 for Clinton. Sanders doing better in MO than IL ? What ? Of course it's still early, especially in Missouri.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #528 on: March 15, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »

Sorry I disappeared for a while there, I had to go drown my sorrows in about six Coronas.

I had quite a bit of Absolut after Michigan. Tongue
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #529 on: March 15, 2016, 08:38:06 PM »

Sanders gaining in most states and now is ahead in MO.
Zanas
Zanas46
France

« Reply #530 on: March 15, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »

So now Sanders is within 54 votes of CLinton in MO. Someone care to explain ? I know MO isn't your typical Southern state, but I still expected it to split 2 to 1 for Clinton.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #531 on: March 15, 2016, 08:40:46 PM »

So now Sanders is within 54 votes of CLinton in MO. Someone care to explain ? I know MO isn't your typical Southern state, but I still expected it to split 2 to 1 for Clinton.

St. Louis and Kansas City are out so not sure yet.
yourelection

« Reply #532 on: March 15, 2016, 08:40:56 PM »

IL and MO long from over and long from being a win for Clinton
YPestis25

Political Matrix
E: -4.65, S: -6.09

« Reply #533 on: March 15, 2016, 08:41:15 PM »

Outside of extreme southeast Missouri, it's a fairly midwestern/plainsy type of state. That said, those numbers probably won't hold, especially with most of St. Louis and Kansas City still out.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #534 on: March 15, 2016, 08:43:44 PM »

IL and MO long from over and long from being a win for Clinton

I think on the Dem side, Missouri is probably more Midwestern than Southern, and Sanders tends to do better in the Midwest (and Clinton only got 48% there in 2008.) She did worse in Illinois because it was Obama's home state.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #535 on: March 15, 2016, 08:47:37 PM »

69% of the vote in Cook County, Clinton is only up by 8%.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #536 on: March 15, 2016, 08:48:37 PM »

1) Hilldog is really a way, way worse option than Bernie

2) At the same time, if Bernie supporters seriously think the correct response is to vote for Trump or not vote, they are ing fools.  Clinton is competent, intelligent, way more liberal than the Repubs, and will take care of Supreme Court business.

3) In general people need to be less childish/impatient and recognize that actual change happens with consistent dialogue, protest, and voting in ALL elections, whether midterm, primary, general, local, federal over many, many years, not just freaking out over one dude in one primary.

I agree with you so much on #3. If Bernie people directed even a fraction of their effort for Bernie that they did on Congress, they could make some major positive change. But it's hard for a lot of people to understand there's more to government than a president. I blame our education system.

Strongly, strongly agree with your point on the importance of better civic education and its inverse link with our lackluster, anemic democracy.  As a educator/researcher/writer, improving civic education is basically the cause of my life.

Thanks for your often very intelligent, often very fair posts, and thanks for voting!  

Assuming I move to state that's not R+12 this fall, I will avoid the urge to indulge myself by voting for Stein and will diligently vote for your candidate and encourage my friends to also do so.
Fusionmunster

« Reply #537 on: March 15, 2016, 08:51:42 PM »

Thats where most of the dem vote is though.
psychprofessor

« Reply #538 on: March 15, 2016, 08:53:25 PM »

I think Clinton can take Missouri with St. Louis and KC.

She's holding steady in Illinois.

This can be a sweep tonight.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #539 on: March 15, 2016, 08:53:30 PM »

2) At the same time, if Bernie supporters seriously think the correct response is to vote for Trump or not vote, they are ing fools.  Clinton is competent, intelligent, way more liberal than the Repubs, and will take care of Supreme Court business.

3) In general people need to be less childish/impatient and recognize that actual change happens with consistent dialogue, protest, and voting in ALL elections, whether midterm, primary, general, local, federal over many, many years, not just freaking out over one dude in one primary.

I agree with you so much on #3. If Bernie people directed even a fraction of their effort for Bernie that they did on Congress, they could make some major positive change. But it's hard for a lot of people to understand there's more to government than a president. I blame our education system.

Err, I don't think only focusing on Congress would solve the problem. People need to become involved in local, state, and national politics in order to really affect real legislative change. The problem is that the way work and wages are nowadays, it isn't really feasible for most Americans to be focused on having a good life and providing for your family and be involved deep enough in politics to understand the issues at the same time.
yourelection

« Reply #540 on: March 15, 2016, 08:54:25 PM »

Is Bernie speeking at the moment?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #541 on: March 15, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »

Err, I don't think only focusing on Congress would solve the problem. People need to become involved in local, state, and national politics in order to really affect real legislative change. The problem is that the way work and wages are nowadays, it isn't really feasible for most Americans to be focused on having a good life and providing for your family and be involved deep enough in politics to understand the issues at the same time.

Congress was just an example. I mean government in general. If they spent all that time, energy, money, and passion on other areas of government rather than tilting at windmills against Hillary, the left would be much better off as a whole.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #542 on: March 15, 2016, 08:55:26 PM »

On point with #3
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #543 on: March 15, 2016, 08:56:50 PM »

Won't Clinton win the St Louis area of Illinois?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #544 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:22 PM »

I'm looking for a pat-on-the-back. LOL.
I said this yesterday .....
I would say that Sander's best chance to take a state or two, will be in Illinois and Missouri.
(PS: It really wasn't a difficult prediction to make.)
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #545 on: March 15, 2016, 08:57:48 PM »

Looks like Sanders could win MO! It will start getting closer in IL as well.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #546 on: March 15, 2016, 08:58:25 PM »

Thats where most of the dem vote is though.

Yes, but Sanders is doing well in the collar counties and downstate. Still a while to go.
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #547 on: March 15, 2016, 08:58:45 PM »

Yes the corporate media is against him obviously.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #548 on: March 15, 2016, 09:00:25 PM »

Sandernistas get aggressive when they lose, my FB list is FOAMING at the mouth right now over Sanders losses so far

I made a modest post on a Sanders group page about conceding defeat due to delegate math, and I was responded with all types of aggression ranging from passive-aggressive to high-school rejection antics.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #549 on: March 15, 2016, 09:02:23 PM »

Interesting that Clinton has a higher percentage in Ohio than NC
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 33  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies