Poll: Trump has been successful at making his name synonymous with HATE.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:44:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Poll: Trump has been successful at making his name synonymous with HATE.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: How much to agree with this statemet: Trump has been successful at making his name synonymous with HATE.
I completely agree
I agree somewhat
I dont agree at all
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Poll: Trump has been successful at making his name synonymous with HATE.  (Read 1157 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2016, 08:58:32 PM »
« edited: March 14, 2016, 09:09:44 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Question. How much do you agree with this statement: Trump has been successful at making his name synonymous with HATE.

Please vote in this poll and discuss.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:05:44 PM »

Completely agree. When was the last time he made a positive statement which garnered headlines? Conservatives can sau all they want how Obama has divided us. Trump supporters can refuse to blame their hero. In the end, while America certainly had its hostilities before ge ran, I'd say his rhetoric has escalated things.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 09:51:13 PM »

The corporate leftist media has been successful.  Trump never wanted this.
Fargobison

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »

He played this game and now he has to own the results.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 09:56:18 PM »

You don't need leftist in there. It's the corporate media, not the liberal media.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:04 PM »

He played this game and now he has to own the results.

Yep.
"You've made your bed (and you'll have to lie in it)"
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 10:03:29 PM »

I disagree. Trump is politically incorrect and often outlandish, but the idea that he is some kind of fascist is a leftist overreaction. Trump is an insult comic, hardly ruthless dictator material.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »

I disagree. Trump is politically incorrect and often outlandish, but the idea that he is some kind of fascist is a leftist overreaction. Trump is an insult comic, hardly ruthless dictator material.

Trump has already done more damage to the US politics than anybody since Nixon - and that is long before the election. The level of hate he has provoked would not likely go away in a decade. If this is supposed to be comical, I fail to be entertained.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 10:19:01 PM »

What Trump has been successful in is in whipping up people's fears, prejudices, racism, and hatreds, all the while playing the part of the reformist outsider.

He is the most polarizing, divisive, and dishonest politician in a generation.

He has absolute loyal support from racists, bigots, thugs, and red necks.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 10:19:25 PM »

The presidency is not one long TV episode of South Park. These are real people, real lives. Get ready for turmoil under his administration.  Not only will the world laugh at us but we'll be loathed even more than during the W. administration.
RightBehind
AlwaysBernie

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 10:25:58 PM »

What Trump has been successful in is in whipping up people's fears, prejudices, racism, and hatreds, all the while playing the part of the reformist outsider.

When you successfully play off of fear, you go very far. Who the candidate is need not matter.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2016, 11:47:34 PM »

Partly agree. To reduce this awfulness down to just "hate" is incorrect in my eyes.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2016, 12:01:35 AM »

What Trump has been successful at is building one of the most luxurious brands in the world and some of the biggest skyscrapers in large American and international cities.

What Trump has been successful at is creating the go-to business textbook on negotiations.

What Trump has been successful at is taking over projects that the government couldn't do and completing them on time and under budget.

What Trump has been successful at is building a multi-billion dollar company from basically a $1 million loan.

When I think Trump, the last thing I think is hate. He doesn't have time to hate. The man is one of the most successful businessmen of this generation.
Yan
anteloperyan
Rookie

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2016, 12:10:39 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2016, 12:13:41 AM by anteloperyan »

A man who advocates for the internment of minorities, accepts endorsements from the Klan, and unironically quotes Axis dictators deserves no less than to have his name demonized alongside the likes of Wallace and Thurmond.

Maybe less than that, actually. Maybe alongside the likes of David Duke. That'd be poetic, wouldn't it?
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2016, 01:21:44 AM »

A man who advocates for the internment of minorities, accepts endorsements from the Klan, and unironically quotes Axis dictators deserves no less than to have his name demonized alongside the likes of Wallace and Thurmond.

Maybe less than that, actually. Maybe alongside the likes of David Duke. That'd be poetic, wouldn't it?

the quote was planted , i think by Gawker, and was a very innocent fable-like quote that could've been written by LaFontaine or Aesop
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2016, 02:05:10 AM »

SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2016, 04:43:08 AM »

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree. I wish folks who disagree with Trump's positions would just attack those positions rather than spending so much time and energy trying to stick the "racist" and "hatred" tags on him. Why are those of us who want to stop illegal immigrants from entering our country racists? How is it that those of us who would advise against allowing Muslim refugees into the country without proper vetting, we must be full of hatred towards all Muslims? If those on the left want to press this narrative, it's their call, but I don't think it's going to win their candidate any support from independents (and the GE may ultimately be decided by that block of voters).
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2016, 05:13:02 AM »

Advocates protecting the boarder and actually enforcement of our laws  = racist

Advocates protecting America from extreme Muslim terrorist  = racist

Its the liberal playbook these days.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2016, 05:41:20 AM »
« Edited: March 15, 2016, 09:06:49 AM by Meclazine »

What has happened is the ability to talk about topics such as immigration, trade and terrorism has been reduced because of the possibility of offending a particular ethnic or religious group.

It drives me mad. In Australia, police can no longer say "Aboriginal" or "African" offender.

This makes the process of criminal identification impossible. Aboriginal and African prisoners make up 75% ot the prison population and only 6% of the general population, yet we cannot discuss the issue without beong labelled racist.

In a similar manner, Americans cannot discuss these issues to the point where people think political correctness is out of control.

Along comes someone who simplifies it and tells it like it is, and every media outlet flips.

But the message is resonating with voters.

No one likes Islamic terrorism
No one likes Chinese trade debt
No one likes unskilled people and contraband flowing into the U.S.A.

People are not necessarily racist or hate filled for following Trump.

They just want these issues fixed........5 years ago.

The problem with the last 8 year term from Obama is that he did not fix these issues.

The solutions offered by Trump are overly simplistic, but the direction is getting there.

You need to be able to have a platform for more robust discussion on these issues.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2016, 05:54:49 AM »

No one like Islamic terrorism
No one likes Chinese trade debt
Mexican immigration is a difficult one.

People are not necessarily racist or hate filled for following Trump.

They just want these issues fixed.

People who think any of those things are important issues pretty much are, because they're not real issues. Every one of those issues - and furthermore, every issue Trump advocates for that actually makes his supporters passionate - has a brown person and/or foreigner attached to the end of it. It's funny how Trump and his supporters lose it over a $365 billion trade deficit with a nation of 1.35 billion people ($270 per capita) that largely produces things...but doesn't bat an eye about our $155 billion trade deficit with the European Union, a bloc of 500 million that revolves upon a service economy just as much as we do ($310 per capita).

They're first-world problems rooted in ignorance and intolerance...the result of things no longer being so fycking grave that poor white trash and upper-class conservatives can nitpick and find the smallest of things to gripe about and still claim that the country "is on the verge of collapse" so that they can continue to enjoy their ideological wet dreams. The good news is that if they get their wish and Trump gets elected, they'll be reminded soon enough of what real problems and issues look like when they're losing their homes, jobs, savings and children/grand-children in war.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2016, 06:00:16 AM »

Love the Trump spooked by Bernie.gif !
RR1997
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 06:01:31 AM »

Advocates protecting the boarder and actually enforcement of our laws  = racist

Advocates protecting America from extreme Muslim terrorist  = racist

There's a difference between advocating for "protecting America from extreme Muslim terrorism" and wanting a complete ban on Muslim immigration.
Kalimantan
Indonesia

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.74

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2016, 06:08:47 AM »

Advocates protecting the boarder and actually enforcement of our laws  = racist

Advocates protecting America from extreme Muslim terrorist  = racist

I don't agree that those things are racist, nor do I agree that that is the 'liberal playbook', however your quote is not Trump's stated position
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2016, 07:15:24 AM »

Trumps position is not enforceable under the constitution.

You know what MK means.

Trumps statement of "banning muslims" was for popularity.

It is, arguably, the single most attributable statement to success in his campaign.

Before my time, but i would be interested in what happened on these forums when

(a) San Bernadino went down
(b) Donald made the muslim statement

Chances are, if there is another ISIS related terrorist attack, Donald's popularity would skyrocket.

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2016, 08:23:04 AM »

Trumps position is not enforceable under the constitution.

You know what MK means.

Trumps statement of "banning muslims" was for popularity.

It is, arguably, the single most attributable statement to success in his campaign.

Before my time, but i would be interested in what happened on these forums when

(a) San Bernadino went down
(b) Donald made the muslim statement

Chances are, if there is another ISIS related terrorist attack, Donald's popularity would skyrocket.

Exactly. .. i only state my analysis on what it takes to win not my personal emotions of "omg those poor Muslims"

If we get to oct  and a Muslim terrorist attack happens Trump will reap the benefits.

In all honesty had san barnadino not happen its quite possible that the muslim statement might have had a negative effect as it relates to the Msm bashing him.  It had no effect because that incident.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies