Yes, We Can
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:19:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Yes, We Can
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Yes, We Can  (Read 8677 times)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 11:24:23 PM »

I like how accurate your characterization of Rubio is.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 11:45:09 PM »

Keep this up!!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2016, 05:35:50 PM »

Scott Brown Working New Hampshire Primary -- the New Hampshire Way
Town Halls. Visits in coffee shops. Few rallies and far less fan fare. Scott Brown is working New Hampshire from the ground up. He's running behind currently in the First in the Nation Primary, a state next to neighboring Massachusetts -- and he needs to win. In a state, that has had a love affair with the Pauls (Rand Paul is currently tied with Marco Rubio for first) and is notorious for going against the grain. Brown is pulling out all stops. He landed the endorsement of John McCain (2000 and 2008 winner) who's been working the state with him. He's driving the entire length of the state in his famous truck -- the one which helped ride him to victory in his 2010 senate upset.

Brown a moderate Republican, on paper is a proven winner for New Hampshire Republicans, but the rise of Marco Rubio and the intense focus on the state by Rand Paul, many Republicans are looking elsewhere. While Brown has made official comment on his campaign post-New Hampshire, but the conventional wisdom among many top Republicans is that without a win in the all important primary Brown will be loading up his truck and heading home.

The reason for Brown's struggle? A large field, consisting of Rubio and Paul, as well as conservative push back on Brown's gun stances may been the reason for his potential downfalls in a state he should have all but locked up.

New Hampshire Primary Poll: WMUR (Jan. 30- Feb. 6, 2016) Paul +1
Rand Paul: 25%
Marco Rubio: 24%
Scott Brown: 19%
Paul Ryan: 18%
John Kasich: 9%
Undecided: 4%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: CNN/ORC (Jan. 30- Feb. 6, 2016) Rubio +3
Marco Rubio: 26%
Rand Paul: 23%
Scott Brown: 18%
Paul Ryan: 16%
John Kasich: 8%
Undecided: 8%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Fox News (Jan. 30- Feb. 6, 2016) Tied
Marco Rubio: 25%
Rand Paul: 25%
Scott Brown: 20%
Paul Ryan: 15%
John Kasich: 7%

New Hampshire Primary Poll: Suffolk University (Jan. 30- Feb. 6, 2016) Paul +2
Rand Paul: 24%
Marco Rubio:: 22%
Scott Brown: 19%
Paul Ryan: 15%
John Kasich: 6%
Undecided: 10%

Webb Vows to Stay in the Race.
Campaigning in New Hampshire after a crushing loss to President Obama in Iowa, Jim Webb believe his campaign can have a "reset in New Hampshire". Polls show Webb losing by a margin of 79 percent to 13 percent, potentially setting him up for a repeat of Iowa. Webb is undeterred and believe he can "have a strong showing in the Granite State."

New Hampshire Democratic Primary Poll: WMUR (Obama+69)
Barack Obama: 79%
Jim Webb: 10%
Undecided: 11%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary Poll: Suffolk University (Obama +62
Barack Obama: 74%
Jim Webb: 12%
Undecided: 14%
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 01:04:01 AM »

Webb just wants to win Oklahoma and West Virginia.

Also, it's nice to see that Scott Brown isn't carpet bagging in this timeline.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 01:49:22 AM »

Question on Kasich - I saw he was polling at around 3% in Iowa but ended up with 10%. What was the cause of that? I assume he is taking a more balanced approach with the leadoff states, considering his lower percentage in New Hampshire.

Great job, as always! Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2016, 06:07:53 AM »

I find that quite likely Obama would be the first President to run for a third term if there's no 22nd Amendment. Eisenhower and Reagan were too old and GWB must've realized how toxic he became.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2016, 09:28:01 PM »

Obama: "Fired up to Finish the Job"
Campaigning in New Hampshire, President Obama laid out his vision for the next four years. "I'm still fired up," Obama said. "I know we can finish the job we started eight years ago. America's best days are still ahead." Campaigning on such bold ideas as debt free tuition, overturning the Citizens United decision and allowing a pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. "We can perfect this country. We can make it the very best, but we need to finish the job." The President's Republican rivals knocked the President's proposals, specifically he plan for allowing a pathway to citizenship. The President's rival in the Democratic primary, Former Virginia Senator Jim Webb has laid out a moderately liberal platform, instead promising to balance the federal budget, as well as improving aspects of Obamacare. Polls currently show the President leading Webb in New Hampshire 69 percent to 15 percent.

Republicans Pile on Rubio in Debate Before New Hampshire
Rand Paul, Paul Ryan and Scott Brown trained their attacks on Marco Rubio, the surprise second place finisher in Iowa. Paul attacked Rubio for his "warmongering stances" while Ryan and Brown went after Rubio for his previous support of the Gang of Eight legislation. While, the most bristling attack of the night came from John Kasich who lambasted Rubio as "one-trick pony." Rubio has faced criticism for his often repetitive speeches and reliance on a teleprompter. "We've already had a speech-maker in Chief with this President, we don't need another." Rubio seemed to lose his focus and never regained his footing following Kasich's attack.

Brown Makes Pitch to NH Voters: I'm an average guy
Ditching his famous truck, which helped drive him to victory in both his election in 2010 and reelection in 2014, Scott Brown is traveling on a campaign bus, dubbed "The Big Truck" talking to voters all over New Hampshire, hoping the polls are wrong and he can pull an upset. "I'm campaigning the old-fashioned way, going town to town, city to city," Brown said in Rochester after a meet and greet with voters. "I have to be honest and tell voters who I am and what I will do as President." Polls currently showing Brown running either third or a close second.

Ryan Hopes to Hang on in New Hampshire
Polls show Ryan struggling to gain ground in New Hampshire, even after winning the Iowa Caucus.

New Hampshire is Paul Country
Finishing strong in the debate before the primary, Rand Paul is hoping to win the New Hampshire primary, putting his campaign into full gear. "We have the message, we have the organization, we can win," Paul said in Concord. Paul is considered the favorite going into New Hampshire. By most accounts he has the superior organization, has visited the state most and has built up a strong base of support. "Paul is likely to have a good night," said Joe McQuaid of the Union Leader, who's paper endorsed Ryan in the Presidential primary. "New Hampshire has a terrific libertarian streak."

Kasich Hopes NH Delivers, Polls Say Otherwise
Winning praise for his attack on Marco Rubio in the ABC/WMUR Debate, John Kasich has still failed to see his numbers rise in the New Hampshire. Following the model of John McCain he is holding a continuous series of town halls and will hit number fifty by the eve of the primary. "This is a tough state to crack," Kasich said at an event in Portsmouth, "but we're going to keep working hard, right up until the last votes are counted." Kasich has repeatedly said, if he does not perform "respectively" in New Hampshire he will end his campaign and return to Ohio.

RCP: Republican New Hampshire Primary (Paul +1.5)
Rand Paul: 24.75%
Marco Rubio: 23.25%
Scott Brown: 18.75%
Paul Ryan: 15.11%
John Kasich: 8.76%
Undecided: 9.38%

RCP: Democratic New Hampshire Primary (Obama+58.43)
Barack Obama: 73.54%
Jim Webb: 15.11%
Undecided: 11.35%
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2016, 09:41:09 PM »

WE ARE COUNTING ON THE PEOPLE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE TO PRESERVE THE UNITY OF AMERICA, PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION, AND SUPPORT SENATOR SCOTT BROWN!

Seriously though, Brown/Sandoval 2016!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2016, 08:32:33 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2016, 09:09:52 AM by NHI »

New Hampshire Primary: 2016 Democrat/Republican

Democratic Primary: 2016 <1% Reported
Barack Obama: 23 (92%)
Jim Webb: 2 (8%)

Dixsville Notch, NH
Barack Obama: 4 (100%)
Jim Webb: 0

Hart's Location, NH
Barack Obama: 19 (90.5%)
Jim Webb: 2 (9.5%)

Republican Primary: 2016 <1% Reported
Rand Paul: 10 (59.0%)
Scott Brown: 6 (35.3%)
Marco Rubio: 1 (1.9%)
John Kasich: 1 (1.9%)
Paul Ryan: 1 (1.9%)

Dixsville Notch, NH
Rand Paul: 4 (80%)
Scott Brown: 1 (20%)

Hart's Location, NH
Rand Paul: 6 (43%)
Scott Brown: 5 (35.7%)
Paul Ryan: 1 (7.1%)
John Kasich: 1 (7.1%)
Marco Rubio: 1 (7.1%)

Early Exit Polls Show Paul and Brown in a Race
Paul: 29% Brown: 27%

Exit Polls Show Obama with Commanding Lead in NH Primary
Obama: 85% Webb: 12%

First Results: <1% Reported

Democratic Primary: NH <1% Reported
Barack Obama: 12,601 (92.6%)
Jim Webb: 1,000 (7.4%)

Matthews: "And big lead for the President. I'd expect we'll call this fairly early."

Republican Primary: NH <1% Reported
Rand Paul: 6,501 (46.41%)[/font][/size]
Scott Brown: 4,899 (34.97%)
Paul Ryan: 1,985  (14.17%)
Marco Rubio: 322 (2.29%)
John Kasich: 299 (1.62%)

Maddow: "Incredible. We're looking at less than one percent, but these early numbers are unbelievable for Senator Rubio."

Matthews: "The exit polls were right, showing a competitive race between Rand Paul and Scott Brown."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »

Williams: Projection... Barack Obama is the winner in the New Hampshire Primary.

Democratic Primary 2016: 1% Reported
Barack Obama: 15,610 (90.34%)
Jim Webb: 1111 (6.43%)
Other:  566 3.23%

Maddow: "Another impressive victory for the President and another night where the stability and longevity of the Webb campaign is questioned."

Matthews: "On the other side, a closer race, really a two-man race between Kentucky Senator Rand Paul and Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown."

Republican Primary 2016: 20% Reported
Rand Paul: 19,531 (40.39%)
Scott Brown: 18,479 (38.21%)
Paul Ryan: 6,801 (14.06%)
Marco Rubio: 2,002 (4.14%)
John Kasich: 1,041 (2.15%)
Other: 501 (1.05%)

Schmidt: "We've talked a lot in recent days since that horrible debate performance by Marco Rubio where everybody, but specifically John Kasich ganged up on him and really delivered some blows and I wonder if we're seeing the effects of it tonight."

Matthews: "He's was running second in New Hampshire, at least according to all the polls. He was the runner up in Iowa, he came into this state with some momentum and tonight has just collapsed. I mean unless he can pull off some kind of a miracle he's going to have a really rough night."

Schmidt: "And it shows how one debate can make all the difference."

8:55 PM Rubio Concedes Defeat in New Hampshire
"We did not perform well tonight and I'm sorry for that, because my performance in the debate on Saturday may have help contribute to this result. The blame falls on me, but we're going to go on. It's onto South Carolina."

Republican Primary 2016: 35% Reported
Rand Paul: 30,431 (36.37%)
Scott Brown: 29,579 (35.30%)
Paul Ryan: 10,801 (12.91%)
Marco Rubio: 7,002 (8.37%)
John Kasich: 5,041 (6.02%)
Other: 801 (1.05%)

NH REPUBLICAN PRIMARY: DIFFERENCE 852
Rand Paul 30,431          Scott Brown: 29,579
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2016, 10:44:47 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 10:47:15 AM by NHI »

Kasich Drops Out, Says "It's Time to Go Home."
"We gave it everything we got, but we came up a little short tonight, so in keeping with my word I will be ending my campaign for the Presidency and returning home to Ohio to finish the work I was elected to do."

Matthews: "Kasich's is out. He staked it all on New Hampshire and came up a little short tonight."

Maddow: "What people will be analyzing is the debate take down of Rubio by Kasich, it certainly hurt Rubio tonight and likely hurt Kasich as a result.

Looking now at the Republican primary with forty-one percent counted Scott Brown has jumped to a lead over Rand Paul, the first time tonight the Massachusetts Senator has been a top the polls. Still much more to be counted, but this could be an early sign of Brown momentum in the state."

Matthews: "It's a perfect state for a guy like Brown. If Paul wins it sort of confirms the lunacy of the Republican right. There's a libertarian presence, but it's not a majority, it's not a majority. Brown is the type of Republican, think Sununu and the Judd Gregg and all the other more moderate Republicans who typically have done quite well in New Hampshire."

Schmidt: "And I think we're seeing that tonight."

Republican Primary 2016: 41% Reported
Scott Brown: 34,579 (30.64%)
Rand Paul: 32,431 (28.73%)
Paul Ryan: 22,801 (20.20%)
Marco Rubio: 14,002 (12.40%)
John Kasich: 8,041 (7.08%)
Other: 1001 (0.95%)

Republican Primary 2016: 59% Reported
Scott Brown: 36,579 (29.53%)
Rand Paul: 34,431 (27.79%)
Paul Ryan: 25,801 (20.83%)
Marco Rubio: 16,002 (12.91%)
John Kasich: 9,041 (7.29%)
Other: 2,001 (1.65%)

Schmidt:"The surprise showing tonight is by Paul Ryan, who was polling next to last in the polls. He barley won Iowa and now is pulling a respectable third place showing, ahead of Marco Rubio, which is significant as we go further down the primary calendar."

Republican Primary 2016: 76% Reported
Scott Brown: 54,579 (28.59%)
Rand Paul: 49,431 (25.89%)
Paul Ryan: 38,801 (20.33%)
Marco Rubio: 24,042 (12.57%)
John Kasich: 19,041 (9.97%)
Other: 5,001 (2.65%)

Ryan Thanks New Hampshire
After narrowly winning the Iowa Caucuses, most pundits wrote off Paul Ryan and his campaign, but the Granite State proved fertile ground for the Wisconsin Representative. He beat expecations, passing Senator Marco Rubio to finish a strong third in the all-important New Hampshire Primary. Rubio, who came up a distant fourth finds his campaign on its back heading into the south, bringing into question his position as a unifying candidate and one who can win.

BREAKING NEWS: BROWN PROJECTED TO WIN THE NH PRIMARY

Maddow: "NBC News is now calling New Hampshire for Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown. Leading by a margin of nearly five thousand voters over Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, and with nearly eight percent of the vote counted, we are now ready to project the First in the Nation Primary state for Mr. Brown."

Projection: MA SENATOR SCOTT BROWN WINS NH PRIMARY!
"I want to thank my family and staff for their support and hard work over these last many months and most important of all I want to thank the people of New Hampshire! We've met and talked many times of the many months and I promised I would give it my all to earn your trust and your support. I will never forget you and I will always be grateful. Tonight the people of this great state has sent a clear message, 'we want to take our country back'. So President Obama, I hope you're listening because I am prepared to take and drive my message to all corners of our country. Our message is one of reforming governing, of strengthening our borders and rebuilding the American Dream..."

Republican Primary 2016: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 59,579 (28.49%) 10 Delegates
Rand Paul: 53,431 (25.55%) 8 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 39,901 (19.08%) 3 Delegates
Marco Rubio: 29,002 (13.87%) 1 Delegate
John Kasich: 23,041 (11.02%) 1 Delegate
Other: 5,101 (1.99%)

Delegates & Popular Vote: 2016 Republican Primary
Rand Paul: 15 Delegates (25.76%)
Paul Ryan: 12 Delegate (24.30%)
Scott Brown: 11 Delegates (14.84%)
Marco Rubio: 10 Delegates (21.34%)
John Kasich: 5 (10.95%)
Other: 0 (2.81%)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:02 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2016, 01:51:09 PM by NHI »

NH Democratic Primary: 100% Reported
Barack Obama: 84.19%
Jim Webb: 13.95%
Other: 1.86%

Barack Obama: 650 (83.93%) 69 Delegates
Jim Webb: 0 (14.09%) 1 Delegate
Uncommitted/Other: 26 (1.98%) 5 Delegate

Jim Webb Vows to Remain in the Race
Despite losing New Hampshire 84 percent to 13 percent, Jim Webb is staying in the race for the Democratic Nomination, because "he does not want there to be a coronation." Webb has repeatedly chided President Obama for passing on a one-on-one debate and blasted the President over his trade and economic policies. Polls consistently show the President leading Webb 84 percent to 11 percent. Heading into the Nevada Caucuses, where the President is expected to run up the board, Webb is instead going to South Carolina and Super Tuesday states such as Virginia and Oklahoma.
Stm85
Rookie
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2016, 01:30:25 PM »

Very interesting TL. Go Ryan!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2016, 01:45:22 PM »

What were the final results in the Democratic Primary???
Former Senator Haslam2020
Haslam2020
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »

Webb wins Oklahoma? or comes close
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2016, 01:51:41 PM »

What were the final results in the Democratic Primary???
84% Obama
13% Webb
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2016, 03:44:38 PM »

Rubio Struggles to Regain Footing
Following his crushing fourth place finish in New Hampshire, Marco Rubio is going into damage mode, trying to rebuild his campaign in the South, where he has seen a drop in recent polls. Rubio has come under criticism that he is scripted, as well as the building dialogue that he is too inexperienced to be President.

Nikki Haley Backs Ryan, Calls him "The Right Man for the Time"
Governor Nikki Haley is throwing her support behind Paul Ryan, ahead of the South Carolina Primary; a major blow to Marco Rubio's campaign who hoped to secure the South Carolina Governor's endorsement. Haley called Ryan "an issue orientated leader who has solutions to fix America's woes."

Scott Brown Looks to Build on New Hampshire Win
Coming from behind to win the New Hampshire Primary, Scott Brown is hoping he can amass the momentum needed to win the South Carolina primary. Brown has secured the endorsement of Senior Senator Lindsey Graham, but polls have showed Brown trailing in South Carolina, but with the fall of Marco Rubio, most pundits see a potential pathway for Brown to perhaps not win, but come in a strong second. "We're going to do well here," Brown said at a speech touting his military experience in the Army National Guard. Brown, a moderate is hoping to replay the McCain strategy to playing up his military record and moderate positions thus allowing him to garner enough support to win a plurality of the vote.

Rand's Campaign Over?
Rand Paul's third place finish in Iowa was seen as a perfect setup for the New Hampshire primary, but his loss to Scott Brown in New Hampshire has the Paul Campaign scattered as the campaign heads into the South, where polls in South Carolina show Paul in last place with only 14 percent support. "We needed New Hampshire," a senior strategist said, "but we can bounce back. There's Nevada in another week and Maine a few more weeks after that, so it's not over." Paul staked much of presidential campaign on success in the Granite State, where a first place finish would catapult him into the national running for his party's nomination.

Fox News: South Carolina Primary Poll (Ryan +7)
Paul Ryan: 27%
Marco Rubio: 20%
Scott Brown: 20%
Rand Paul: 14%
Undecided: 19%

CNN/ORC Poll: South Carolina Primary Poll (Ryan +5)
Paul Ryan: 26%
Scott Brown: 21%
Marco Rubio: 19%
Rand Paul: 13%
Undecided: 20%

NBC/WSJ Poll: South Carolina Primary Poll (Ryan +5)
Paul Ryan: 28%
Scott Brown: 23%
Marco Rubio: 18%
Rand Paul: 12%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2016, 10:19:46 PM »

PROJECTION: BARACK OBAMA WINS NEVADA CAUCUS

Nevada Democratic Caucuses: 100% Reported
Barack Obama: 11,001 (87.24%) (31)
Jim Webb:      1,599 (12.68%) ( 3)
Uncommitted:      10 ( 0.08%) ( 1)

Maddow: "Another big victory for President Obama, moving him another step closer to securing the Democratic Nomination and further bringing to question the relevancy of Jim Webb's campaign."

Matthews: "To be an effective challenger, you have to start winning or at least doing like what Pat Buchanan did to George H.W. Bush, give him a run for his money. I mean Webb is struggling to break double digits."

Kornacki: "The real contest tonight is again on the Republican side, as we await the first round of Exit Polls from the South Carolina Primary. In recent days the race has been narrowing between Senator Scott Brown and Congressman Paul Ryan. Ryan, once the favorite, in the state, along with Senator Rubio, but Brown's win in New Hampshire, coupled with the endorsement of the state's senior Senator Lindsey Graham Brown has seen as surge of momentum, which could, could help put the Massachusetts Senator over the top."

BREAKING NEWS: FIRST EXIT POLLS RELEASED SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY

Close Race between Scott Brown & Paul Ryan
Brown: 34%             Ryan: 33%

Matthews: "Looking like a close race between Brown and Ryan tonight. Going to be a race to watch and once again Marco Rubio, the so-called savior of the Republican Party is no where to be seen in the equation tonight."

Maddow: "Results are starting to come in and it is Scott Brown, the Massachusetts Senator out on top with less than one percent reporting. A long way to go, but an early lead Mr. Brown."

Republican South Carolina Primary: <1% Reported
Scott Brown: 57,101 (36.77%)
Paul Ryan: 54,007 (34.78%)
Marco Rubio: 29,670 (19.10%)
Rand Paul: 11,500 (7.40%)
Other: 3,000 (1.93%)

Schmidt: "I think the big story tonight, much like it was in New Hampshire is the fall of Marco Rubio. He was leading in this state, just a few weeks ago and is now polling a very distant third in a race that is slowly coming down to Scott Brown and Paul Ryan.'

Matthews: "You'd think there'd be more similarity on these two."

Schmidt: "Yes and no. Brown is much more moderate than Ryan. He is from Massachusetts, so he has a different electorate to speak to than Mr. Ryan, but Brown is more in the tradition of the Reagan-Democrats, a blue-collar Republican, where Ryan is more in line with the conservative think-tanks and K Street types. It is a really interesting dynamic."

Republican South Carolina Primary: 30% Reported
Scott Brown: 79,425 (34.81%)
Paul Ryan: 74,570 (32.68%)
Marco Rubio: 45,699 (20.03%)
Rand Paul: 24,520 (10.74%)
Other: 3,899 (1.74%)

South Carolina Primary: Too Close to Call
Difference: 4,855
Brown: 79,425             Ryan: 74,570

Another Bad Night for Marco Rubio
Marco Rubio conceded defeat in the South Carolina Primary, a state he was once heavily favored to win. The loss comes on the heals of a poor showing in New Hampshire, where Rubio finished in fourth. The rationale from the Rubio campaign has been over the breakdown of delegates. "It's all proportional. No one candidate is going to walk away with this," Rubio said on CNN after giving his concession/victory speech. The Florida Senator has struggled to regain his footing after a blistering debate performance before the New Hampshire primary, which some pundits and analysts attribute to showing cracks in the campaign armor by John Kasich, who managed to portray Rubio as scripted candidate, lacking substance.

Rubio vows to stay in the race for the nomination, trumpeting to his supporters, "I will campaign in all fifty states until I win the Republican nomination and take back the White House from this failed President!"

Republican South Carolina Primary: 49% Reported
Scott Brown: 125,520 (34.40%)
Paul Ryan: 108,000 (29.60%)
Marco Rubio: 69,495 (19.04%)
Rand Paul: 55,221 (15.13%)
Other: 6,590 (1.83%)

Maddow: "Senator Brown continues to build on his lead in South Carolina, frankly the results are surprising, given this was a state the Massachusetts Senator was not expected to do as well as in, but tonight he is defying those expectations."

Matthews: "We forget, John McCain won this state eight years ago. It has traditionally gone for the more, moderate establishment candidate and Brown is fitting that bill in this cycle."

Maddow: "Hold that thought. We have a major announcement. NBC News is now calling The Republican South Carolina Primary for Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown."

BREAKING NEW: SCOTT BROWN WINS SOUTH CAROLINA

Republican South Carolina Primary: 100% Reported
Scott Brown: 206,426 (35.31%) 24 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 191,200 (32.70%) 21 Delegates
Marco Rubio: 100,240 (17.14%) 5 Delegates
Rand Paul: 79,499 (13.59%)
Other: 7,200 (1.26%)

Delegates & Popular Vote: Republican Primary
Scott Brown: 35 Delegates (30.46%)
Paul Ryan: 33 Delegates (31.47%)
Rand Paul: 15 Delegates (19.85%)
Marco Rubio: 15 Delegates (12.06%)
John Kasich: 5 Delegates (4.68%)
Other: 18,627: 0 Delegates (1.35%)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2016, 10:32:33 PM »

Mother of God, Scott Brown might actually be happening.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2016, 03:29:51 AM »

#Brownmentum
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2016, 07:26:01 AM »

Is Scott Brown running something of a Trump-lite campaign?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:32 AM »

Is Scott Brown running something of a Trump-lite campaign?
Yes, very populist orientated.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 10:06:12 AM »

Nevada Republican Caucus
Huge Turnout for the Republican Caucus in Nevada

RAND PAUL WINS NEVADA CAUCUS, SHAKING UP GOP RACE
Rand Paul, at least for the moment has blocked any momentum Scott Brown had coming off his wins in New Hampshire and South Carolina, by winning the Nevada Caucus. Paul's win is considered somewhat of an upset. There have been no recent polls since before the Iowa Caucus, which showed Marco Rubio leading the field with 26 percent of the vote. Paul's win is attested to his superior organization, coupled with the success of his father Ron Paul's runs in 2008 and 2012. The GOP race now focus to the Super Tuesday states, where a significant portion of delegates will be awarded.

Nevada Caucus: Republicans
Rand Paul: 27,001 (33.21%) 11 Delegates
Scott Brown: 24,691 (30.37%) 10 Delegates
Marco Rubio: 20,999 (25.83%) 6 Delegates
Paul Ryan: 6,599 8.11% 2 Delegates
Other: 2,991 (2.48%)

Delegates & Popular Vote: Republican Primary
Scott Brown: 45 Delegates (29.86%)
Paul Ryan: 35 Delegates (29.50%)
Rand Paul: 26 Delegates (20.94%)
Marco Rubio: 21 Delegates (13.91%)
John Kasich: 5 Delegates (4.68%)
Other: 21,618: 0 Delegates (1.11%)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2016, 03:07:17 PM »

OBAMA WINS SOUTH CAROLINA PRIMARY

Barack Obama: 319,681 (91.42%) 52 Delegates
Jim Webb: 29,004 (8.29%) 1 Delegate
Other: 977 (0.29%)

Matthews: "No surprise, President Obama crushing Senator Jim Webb in the South Carolina Primary. Another big victory for the President and another night where this commentator and many others are wondering, why is Jim Webb still in this race?

BREAKING NEWS: WEBB TO DELIVER SPEECH, FOLLOWING SOUTH CAROLINA

Scarborough: "Obama is going to be the nominee. There is no debating it. When you're winning ninety-one almost ninety-two percent of the vote and the average vote percentage has been around eight-five percent, there is no justification in continuing, Mike Barnicle. I mean, this is downright sad."

Barnicle: "Webb never got outside of the box, that most successful insurgent candidates get out of: They have a message. Webb seems to be running an indignant campaign, a personal campaign, a campaign based on 'I'm getting skewed over'.

Webb Blasts Democratic Party, Will Stay in the Race for President
Speaking to a crowd of reporters at the National Press Club, Democrat Jim Webb attacked the Democratic Party and to a smaller extent the media for failing to give his campaign respect. "I am a former United States Senator. I served my country in uniform and yet I'm being treated as though I do not exit." Webb, who is challenging President Obama for the Democratic Nomination has failed to garner significant support in the early state contests, his biggest margin coming in New Hampshire, where finished second to Obama with 13 percent. Webb criticized the Democratic Party for failing to keep the primary a level playing field, saying "debates should have been a top priority, not a consideration." When asked if he would run as an independent or third party should he fail to win the nomination, Webb said, "no. The rules and laws are stacked even more against those candidates so I don't see any reason to make such a foolish run." Webb said he vows to stay in the Democratic race, "as long as possible" and plans to campaign hard in the Super Tuesday states, specifically Oklahoma and his home state of Virginia.

CNN: Obama Dominates Latest Nat'l Poll, Brown Takes the Lead for GOP

CNN/ORC Poll: Democratic Primary February 2016 (Obama +84)
Barack Obama: 88%
Jim Webb: 4%

CNN/ORC Poll: Republican Primary February 2016 (Brown +4)
Scott Brown: 29%
Paul Ryan: 25%
Rand Paul: 19%
Marco Rubio: 14%
Undecided: 13%

Key Race Snapshots: GOP

Texas Republican Primary Poll: Ryan +3
Scott Brown: 24%
Marco Rubio: 17%
Rand Paul: 13%

Virginia Republican Primary Poll: Brown +4
Scott Brown: 31%
Marco Rubio: 19%
Rand Paul: 16%
Undecided: 7%

Arkansas Republican Primary Poll: Tied
Paul Ryan: 30%
Scott Brown: 30%
Marco Rubio: 16%
Rand Paul: 11%

Georgia Republican Primary Poll: Ryan +1
Paul Ryan: 31%
Marco Rubio: 18%
Rand Paul: 8%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 08:44:48 PM »

Scott Brown Looking For a Knockout on Super Tuesday
Vowing to campaign as a hard as a can throughout the country, Marco Rubio pledged he would be staying in the Presidential primary at least until his home state of Florida votes in mid March. Rubio, who has struggled to gain traction in the early states increasingly finds his campaign further and further diminished following the rise of Scott Brown and resurgence of Paul Ryan. Early polls give Rubio the edge on the March 15th Florida Primary. 46 percent would cast their vote for the favorite son, Rubio, while 26 percent would vote for Scott Brown.

Ryan Plays the Adult in GOP Race
Paul Ryan, believes his experience in Congress, as well as having been Mitt Romney's running mate gives him a leg up over the competition. "I want to run on solutions. I want to address the challenges America is facing," Ryan said speaking to voters in Texas, a state where Ryan is currently in the lead. Ryan, entered the race for President the front runner, but early stumbles and poorly organized campaign allowed other candidates to dominate the field and rise. His second place win over Marco Rubio in South Carolina has breathed new life into his campaign, as he looks to challenge newly minted favorite Scott Brown, (who is running as more populist candidate), that he is the one conservatives and Republicans of all stripes can unite around.

Polls Find Brown Strongest Opponent Against Obama
Adding to his argument of expanding the Republican tent, Scott Brown continues to pitch he is the most electable Republican. The latest round of polls find him running the closest to President Obama in a head-to-head match up. While the President comes out on top with 49% Brown runs close with 45%. Paul Ryan did the second best, polling 41% to Obama's 46%. Recent polls continue to find Marco Rubio and Senator Rand Paul faring the worse against Obama, undercutting both candidate's messages that they are the ones best able to defeat Obama.

Head-to-head match ups with Rubio, Obama comes out on top with 50% to Rubio's 42%, and Paul loses to Obama, 51% to 40%.

Brown Takes Top Spot in Latest Fox Poll
Fox News Poll: Republican Primary (Super Tuesday Eve) Brown +5
Paul Ryan: 25%
Rand Paul: 15%
Marco Rubio: 14%
Undecided: 16%
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies