FL - Florida Atlantic University: Trump up 23 over Rubio and Cruz
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:54:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  FL - Florida Atlantic University: Trump up 23 over Rubio and Cruz
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL - Florida Atlantic University: Trump up 23 over Rubio and Cruz  (Read 1881 times)
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2016, 07:37:37 PM »
« edited: March 12, 2016, 07:40:28 PM by Ronnie »

Conducted March 8-11

Trump: 44%
Rubio: 21%
Cruz 21%
Kasich 9%
Undecided 5%

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-florida-primary-fau-results-20160312-story.html
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »

Imagine if Rubio came in 3rd. Never gonna happen, but man...
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2016, 07:42:27 PM »

One thing about the poll that seems suspicious to me is that Trump actually leads Rubio among Hispanics--what?  Also, they don't specify what "likely" voters are.
psychprofessor

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 07:44:54 PM »

If this breaks down to a 65/35 Clinton win, she will win the delegate count in Florida approximately 160-86. Couple this with North Carolina (she realistically could win the delegate count there 75-46) and both these states can give her a net +100 delegate advantage without Illinois, Ohio and Missouri. Bernie really needs to close the gap here or else any small wins won't matter with such a large deficit in NC and Fla on Tuesday.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 07:59:39 PM »

If this breaks down to a 65/35 Clinton win, she will win the delegate count in Florida approximately 160-86. Couple this with North Carolina (she realistically could win the delegate count there 75-46) and both these states can give her a net +100 delegate advantage without Illinois, Ohio and Missouri. Bernie really needs to close the gap here or else any small wins won't matter with such a large deficit in NC and Fla on Tuesday.

It would actually be around a 139-75 gap (I'm guessing you included the superdelegates.) But yeah, it is essential that Bernie doesn't let Hillary run away with FL and/or NC. He needs to keep the margins somewhat respectable.  Or alternatively, win his own blowouts in OH/MO/IL, but that seems unlikely. In this post I gave VERY generous estimates to Bernie on the post March 15th states to manage a near tie in delegates, but even that is dependent on him not losing major ground on Tuesday. If she nets a substantial amount of delegates Tuesday, the race is over.
psychprofessor

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 08:09:02 PM »

It would actually be around a 139-75 gap (I'm guessing you included the superdelegates.) But yeah, it is essential that Bernie doesn't let Hillary run away with FL and/or NC. He needs to keep the margins somewhat respectable.  Or alternatively, win his own blowouts in OH/MO/IL, but that seems unlikely. In this post I gave VERY generous estimates to Bernie on the post March 15th states to manage a near tie in delegates, but even that is dependent on him not losing major ground on Tuesday. If she nets a substantial amount of delegates Tuesday, the race is over.

She already as a +200 pledged delegate lead. If she adds another 100 on Tuesday, there is no reasonable mathematical formula to get Sanders to the nomination. Even if you want to make things competitive, there is no way Hillary gets blown out (we're talking 60/40 and above) in the large, delegate rich states left like NY, NJ, PA and CA. So, in theory, he can stay in the race and try to win "states" but in reality, he can't get the numbers to add up.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 08:13:56 PM »

She already as a +200 pledged delegate lead. If she adds another 100 on Tuesday, there is no reasonable mathematical formula to get Sanders to the nomination. Even if you want to make things competitive, there is no way Hillary gets blown out (we're talking 60/40 and above) in the large, delegate rich states left like NY, NJ, PA and CA. So, in theory, he can stay in the race and try to win "states" but in reality, he can't get the numbers to add up.

Agreed for the most part. She's actually ahead by +220, and I'd argue that a net of 50 or so would be enough to close the curtains on this primary. Bernie's Michigan miracle kept him alive. Now he's going to need a few more miracles to remain viable.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 08:18:21 PM »

Agreed for the most part. She's actually ahead by +220, and I'd argue that a net of 50 or so would be enough to close the curtains on this primary. Bernie's Michigan miracle kept him alive. Now he's going to need a few more miracles to remain viable.

So pretty much winning OH and MO while keeping the average margins in the other states around/under 10?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 08:25:35 PM »

So pretty much winning OH and MO while keeping the average margins in the other states around/under 10?

Pretty much, though there's some flexibility of course. He could get blown out in FL, but win OH/MO/IL and come surprisingly close in NC.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 09:30:09 PM »

I really hope Rubio comes in third. I would love to see that concession speech.
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2016, 12:03:21 AM »

I really hope Rubio comes in third. I would love to see that concession speech.

Don't you mean, victory speech?
P123

Political Matrix
E: 3.64, S: 3.20

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2016, 12:04:36 AM »

I really hope Rubio comes in third. I would love to see that concession victory speech.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 12:28:56 AM »

Guys, Rubio doesn't have to win states to win the nomination!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 06:43:43 AM »

RIP Little Marco.

#CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 07:07:24 PM »

Trump: It's over, little Marco! I have the higher poll numbers!
Rubio: You underestimate my power...
Trump: Don't try it.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:09 PM »

You were the chosen one! You were supposed to lead the Republican Party against d*ck jokes, not make them!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2016, 08:28:11 PM »

You were the chosen one! You were supposed to lead the Republican Party against d*ck jokes, not make them!

Bring fresh, positive energy to the GOP, not leave it in darkness!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies