Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:51:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Corey Lewandowski inappropriate behavior megathread UPDATE: he's been arrested  (Read 12138 times)
yankeesfan
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2016, 11:29:41 PM »
« edited: March 11, 2016, 11:42:11 PM by yankeesfan »

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2016/03/12/kurt-bardella-breitbart-resignation-tonight-live.cnn

Here's the full interview.  It's a must watch.  Left Don Lemon literally speechless.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 07:18:51 AM »

Reminder on Lewandowski's history with threatening journalists: This is from the Fox News statement about Trump's non-attendance at the Iowa debate back in January:

http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/01/26/fox-news-official-statement-trumps-decision-not-participate-debate

You must be logged in to read this quote.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2016, 07:32:07 AM »

Lewandowski is a pretty tough dude.
Fargobison

« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2016, 11:29:01 PM »

Shapiro resigns from Breitbart...

https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/709234201837621248
Fargobison

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 11:45:02 PM »

Not a shock but Michelle Fields has also resigned.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2016, 05:58:11 AM »

Yeah, nothing says tough like beating up a female reporter.
MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2016, 06:17:24 AM »

Give me a break.   Stop the fake outrage this reporter (who is a Cruz supporter) is trying to create negative press for Trump by making up this ridiculous unproven story. 

Really whats getting out of hand is these reporters they need to stay in their lane
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2016, 11:11:39 AM »

The guy is probably a scumbag (duh, he works for Trump), but this is clearly a nontroversy. It's nothing but a reporter starved for attention, and the Anti-Trump media uncritically embracing her story in a last-ditch effort to bring him down.

If that is considering "beating up", there must be hundreds of reporters assaulted in America every single day.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2016, 11:15:19 AM »

Really whats getting out of hand is these reporters they need to stay in their lane

i know all you trump supporters would love to destroy the freedom of the press, but that's just not how a democracy works.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »

The guy is probably a scumbag (duh, he works for Trump), but this is clearly a nontroversy. It's nothing but a reporter starved for attention, and the Anti-Trump media uncritically embracing her story in a last-ditch effort to bring him down.

If that is considering "beating up", there must be hundreds of reporters assaulted in America every single day.

Sure, the term "beating up" was intentionally hyperbolic. Tongue My general point still stands however - manhandling a female reporter isn't a sign of toughness. Note that this is true regardless of whether he actually did it or not.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2016, 11:33:20 AM »

Give me a break.   Stop the fake outrage this reporter (who is a Cruz supporter) is trying to create negative press for Trump by making up this ridiculous unproven story. 

I get that you're into fascism but most of us like the freedom of the press. I think it might even be in that constitution of yours somewhere.
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 11:51:43 AM »

Sure, the term "beating up" was intentionally hyperbolic. Tongue My general point still stands however - manhandling a female reporter isn't a sign of toughness. Note that this is true regardless of whether he actually did it or not.

Ah, I see. As most news stories (and the reporter herself) have been talking about this being an "assault", I wasn't too sure about the hyperbole. Tongue As for the rest, I agree of course.

What surprises me about this story is how much attention it has gotten compared to the literally hundreds of other stories that could/should be damaging for Trump. Judging from the video evidence, the guy may have grabbed her arm for second, probably too roughly. If so, he should apologize - but really, calling it "assault" and involving the police? I doubt it would've gone that far if this was the campaign manager of some unknown local politician.

Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 11:58:50 AM »

Ah, I see. As most news stories (and the reporter herself) have been talking about this being an "assault", I wasn't too sure about the hyperbole. Tongue As for the rest, I agree of course.

What surprises me about this story is how much attention it has gotten compared to the literally hundreds of other stories that could/should be damaging for Trump. Judging from the video evidence, the guy may have grabbed her arm for second, probably too roughly. If so, he should apologize - but really, calling it "assault" and involving the police? I doubt it would've gone that far if this was the campaign manager of some unknown local politician.

Well, I guess an actual crime by a campaign manager could be considered worse than offensive statements even if the crime is minor. I think attacking a journalist physically also chimes with the perception of Trump as an aspiring fascist dictator who doesn't tolerate dissent.

Besides, journalists take attacks on journalists very seriously. Which is pretty rational when you think about it. Wink
Fargobison

« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 02:04:17 PM »

More resignations at Trumpbart....

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2016, 02:13:46 PM »

More resignations at Trumpbart....

"no longer"
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2016, 05:04:03 PM »

Even if he didn't do it, the Trump campaign attempting to smear her reputation by disparaging her past reporting and calling her an attention seeker is pretty gross and unprofessional.  If, for example, he really thinks it was mistaken identity and it was a Secret Service agent who grabbed her instead, then just say "I didn't do it.  I think she has the wrong guy.", or something like that.  No need to use the campaign as a platform to attack her professionalism.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »

And that's supposed to make it okay?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 05:09:41 AM »

I’m repurposing this thread as a general purpose “megathread” for the various Lewandowski allegations of misbehavior, since the number has been multiplying fast.  Buzzfeed has a good rundown of the latest:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/trump-campaign-manager-faces-new-allegations-of-pushing-sexu#.ptLxLXVpw

MK
Mike Keller
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2016, 06:22:59 AM »

I’m repurposing this thread as a general purpose “megathread” for the various Lewandowski allegations of misbehavior, since the number has been multiplying fast.  Buzzfeed has a good rundown of the latest:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/trump-campaign-manager-faces-new-allegations-of-pushing-sexu#.ptLxLXVpw

[/b]

Mr. Morden this is a completely dishonest smear that is so vague in details you should be ashamed of yourself. 
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »

Arrested!

https://twitter.com/luluramadan/status/714830519645642753

Jupiter police had clear video showing the incident:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGz5DPqU-p0
yankeesfan
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2016, 10:14:21 AM »

Justice!  This is excellent.
standwrand
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.55, S: -2.74

« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:15 AM »

jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2016, 10:17:45 AM »

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/statuses/714832840425385986
yankeesfan
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2016, 10:19:49 AM »

1. Lewandowski needs to resign.

2. Trump needs to apologize to Michelle Fields.

3. Breitbart needs to apologize.
Fargobison

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2016, 10:23:44 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2016, 10:25:44 AM by Fargobison »

Throw the book at him....

https://twitter.com/clewandowski_/status/708020305013448704
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies