NC-Civitas Institute Trump +6
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:15:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  NC-Civitas Institute Trump +6
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC-Civitas Institute Trump +6  (Read 1136 times)
mds32
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2016, 11:40:53 AM »

North Carolina
GOP Primary
Trump 32%
Cruz 26%
Rubio 11%
Kasich 11%

***** (this is of 8% who chose a different candidate)
As you may know, [candidate named above] has dropped out of the presidential race.  Out of the following candidates who are still running in the Republican Primary for President, for whom would you vote between: (RANDOMIZE)

19%     John Kasich
12%     Marco Rubio
14%     Donald Trump
28%     Ted Cruz
24%     Don’t Know/ Unsure
2%       Refused

https://www.nccivitas.org/2016/17366/
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:43:33 AM »

Yeah, I expect this one to be really close, especially if Rubio drops out before the 15th.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 11:51:12 AM »

Clinton: 57% (+29)
Sanders: 28%
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:57:32 AM »

I can see this was pre-Miracle In Michgan and pre-Massacre in Miami. 

GREAT NEWS!
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 12:29:17 PM »

Clinton's "worst" performance in the South has been 64% in Virginia. I wouldn't be surprised for her to be near that.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 01:35:37 PM »

Yeah, I expect this one to be really close, especially if Rubio drops out before the 15th.
Just curious, why do you expect it to be close?

I would think the state would be more South Carolina/Georgia than Virginia as far as margin goes.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 01:49:08 PM »

I would think the state would be more South Carolina/Georgia than Virginia as far as margin goes.
I would expect Trump's percent of the vote to be very close to his performances in South Carolina (33%), Virginia (35%) and Georgia (39%).

But Cruz will likely perform much better in North Carolina than he did in any of those states.  If Cruz has consolidated the not-Trump vote in North Carolina like he did in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kentucky, then I have no doubt that it will be close.
Sorenroy
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -5.91

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2016, 03:01:44 PM »

I would expect Trump's percent of the vote to be very close to his performances in South Carolina (33%), Virginia (35%) and Georgia (39%).

But Cruz will likely perform much better in North Carolina than he did in any of those states.  If Cruz has consolidated the not-Trump vote in North Carolina like he did in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Kentucky, then I have no doubt that it will be close.

I agree that Cruz will rally, but NC is an open primary and has had outsized Blue Dog Dem influence into Obama's presidency.  There's also the issue of whether considerably more secular suburban Wake and Mecklenburg R's are as ready to hold their noses for Cruz as suburban Baton Rouge, Little Rock and Tulsa voters were.   

In the primary Registered Democrats and Republicans (and Libertarians [I think]) can only vote in their own party primary, but unaffiliated may choose which side to vote on.

Also note that early voting has been going on for seven days and North Carolina does a lot to accommodate older or disabled voters who cannot vote on election day, so even if Rubio dropped, some of the votes would already be locked in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies