Who is ready to vote for Gov. Gary Johnson now after what happened last night?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 04:38:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Who is ready to vote for Gov. Gary Johnson now after what happened last night?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who is ready to vote for Gov. Gary Johnson now after what happened last night?
Ready

Not Ready

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Who is ready to vote for Gov. Gary Johnson now after what happened last night?  (Read 2791 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 10:42:28 AM »

Yup. The avatar doesn't say "I-CA" for nothing.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2016, 10:44:10 AM »

Happy to see so much sense in this thread. Sure, vote Republican down ballot. Trump must run behind the rest of the party.
Dereich
Moderators
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2016, 10:45:13 AM »

Why would I vote for Johnson? Cruz won't be the GOP nominee, so the party's safe!

Because Trump would easily be worse for the economy than Hillary but voting for democrats isn't palatable?

Also, how can you think the party is safe? The last thing the GOP needs is to be further solidified as the party for whites and against everyone else.

I'm sure putting up some preppy schoolkid who won't break 30% in a Republican primary in his own state will do wonders for GOP electability!

Its time to stop thinking of just this election cycle; Trump and Cruz won't beat Hillary anyway. I'm worried about damage on future elections. GOP midterm advantage won't last forever and the Presidential map doesn't start looking any easier four or eight years down the line if we don't start attracting more Hispanic voters.

I will vote for other republicans on the ballot, I just can't vote for this guy. If he acts any more out of line I am considering a switch after the primary.

Oh sure; I'm doing the same (I just voted for Rubio here). I was under the impression that's what we were talking about.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2016, 11:14:46 AM »

Happy to see so much sense in this thread. Sure, vote Republican down ballot. Trump must run behind the rest of the party.

Oddly, I will most likely be voting Democrat downballot. Brendan Boyle FTW. Possibly Sestak too!
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:13 AM »

Oddly, I will most likely be voting Democrat downballot. Brendan Boyle FTW. Possibly Sestak too!

Pity. People like you should be ejaculated into the Republican party.
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 11:16:43 AM »

Welcome, disaffected Republicans!

I'm curious whether you guys would also vote Libertarian if Johnson lost the nomination to McAfee or Ventura, or if it's just Johnson who appeals to you.
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 11:18:03 AM »

what this means, i dont even
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 11:20:54 AM »

I will support and campaign for Trump
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 11:22:49 AM »

If trump is the nominee, I will vote for Gary Johnson for President and Republican downballot.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:02 AM »

what this means, i dont even

know? Well, I want the gentleman to become a card-carrying Republican activist.
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 11:24:29 AM »

McAfee is my favorite 3rd party candidate.  If he doesn't get the libertarian nomination, I prefer the Constitution Party to the other libertarians.  (Assuming that the Constitution party makes it back on the ballot in Delaware.)
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »

McAfee? Isn't he wanted for murder or something?
PaperKooper
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.23, S: 5.57

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 11:32:16 AM »

If the other option is Trump, why not go all out with McAfee?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 11:40:34 AM »

If the other option is Trump, why not go all out with McAfee?

If the other option is Trump, I could consider even going for Vincent Gigante, if he were not dead.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 11:41:20 AM »

You guys may help him get 1% instead of 0.8% Smiley
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 11:46:41 AM »

You guys may help him get 1% instead of 0.8% Smiley

The important thing is, it will bring Trump 0.2% down.
Gog
Gog3451
United States

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2016, 11:47:58 AM »

People have said that he murdered his neighbor in Central America. Though it hasn't been proven.
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2016, 11:51:56 AM »

Sort of, McAfee was living in Belize for a while and got into some disputes with the police over issues like his owning guard dogs and (McAfee alleges) his lack of donations to the governing political party. Police stormed his property and shot his dogs on drug-related grounds but couldn't turn up anything on him. McAfee stopped trusting them after that, and decided to run away from Belize after somebody killed his neighbor, because he figured that Belizean authorities would bring a false accusation against him. There's no evidence against McAfee in the case, of course.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2016, 12:27:55 PM »

Why would I vote for Johnson? Cruz won't be the GOP nominee, so the party's safe!

Because Trump would easily be worse for the economy than Hillary but voting for democrats isn't palatable?

Also, how can you think the party is safe? The last thing the GOP needs is to be further solidified as the party for whites and against everyone else.

I'm sure putting up some preppy schoolkid who won't break 30% in a Republican primary in his own state will do wonders for GOP electability!

Its time to stop thinking of just this election cycle; Trump and Cruz won't beat Hillary anyway. I'm worried about damage on future elections. GOP midterm advantage won't last forever and the Presidential map doesn't start looking any easier four or eight years down the line if we don't start attracting more Hispanic voters.

Perhaps I am thinking about more than just this cycle. Why should I have to vote only for candidates that support unfair trade? Note, I voted for Kasich since I couldn't stomach the thought of Cruz getting second in Michigan which--yikes--apparently he did. The GOP's mid-term advantage has probably been incredibly destructive to its ability to bill itself as an effective party worthy of governance, so I'm not sure why that'd be so necessary to preserve. And is one under the impression than Hispanics will vote Republican en masse once the GOP embraces "sensibility" and stays the course on every other issue while favoring amnesty? Any actually constructive attempt to reach out to minorities would involve, y'know, some sort of effort, I imagine rather than nominating a Cuban boytoy who happens to have a Spanish last name.
mds32
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2016, 12:32:26 PM »

Welcome, disaffected Republicans!

I'm curious whether you guys would also vote Libertarian if Johnson lost the nomination to McAfee or Ventura, or if it's just Johnson who appeals to you.

Johnson appeals to me because he was 1. a successful former Republican governor. 2. has experience of working with Republicans.

Ventura worked against Republicans and McAfee has no experience imo.
mds32
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 12:37:11 PM »

Good for you, some of us actually adhere to Republican principles.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 12:42:17 PM »

If GJ gets a lot of VERYVSERIOUS PEOPLR (never thought I'd say that about a libertarian) could he appear in the deviate?
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 12:45:36 PM »

If GJ gets a lot of VERYVSERIOUS PEOPLR (never thought I'd say that about a libertarian) could he appear in the deviate?

Last I checked, the rule was 15% in 5 polls. Tough but not impossible, especially if he pulls down a Romney endorsement.

Actually, as much as I like Johnson, imagining this scenario is one reason I'm leaning McAfee over Johnson. Johnson is usually pretty bad in debates.
pho
iheartpho
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -1.39

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »

Libertarian foreign policy is a non-starter for me.

If I can't bring myself to vote for R or D in November, I will probably just skip the Presidential portion of my ballot.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2016, 02:10:38 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2016, 02:15:49 PM by SillyAmerican »

Voted for him last time around, so I might just have to go with him this time as well...

I'd be comfortable casting a vote for Johnson. As to the others you mention, I'm not too sure...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies