KY House Special Elections End Up Not Resulting in GOP Majority (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:23:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY House Special Elections End Up Not Resulting in GOP Majority (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY House Special Elections End Up Not Resulting in GOP Majority  (Read 6203 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« on: March 07, 2016, 04:35:02 PM »
« edited: March 19, 2016, 09:02:45 PM by ͡◔ ᴥ ͡◔ »

http://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/politics-government/national-politics/article64589037.html

On March 8, special elections will be held in four districts of the Kentucky House of Representatives. As the Democrats currently have a 50-46 majority, the GOP could make it a 50-50 tie by winning all four elections, which would effectively give them a majority because one of the fifty Democrats (Tom McKee) hasn't participated in House proceedings following a heart surgery.

All four of the districts holding elections voter for Romney in 2012, but I'm not sure whether any of the candidates have specific advantages otherwise.

If the GOP does take control of the chamber, Bevin's budget will likely pass and the Republicans will have full statewide control of Kentucky for the first time... ever?

Update: lol
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 09:01:30 PM »

Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:05:48 AM »

"We're going to put a lot of coal miners and coal companies out of business."

In a 1990 Playboy interview, Donald Trump said, "The coal miner gets black lung disease, his son gets it, then his son. If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination - or whatever - to leave their mine. They don't have 'it.'"

Checkmate.

Yes, but that's Donald Trump. Since when has Donald Trump saying anything ever hurt him?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies