Bernie wins nomination, AND presidency, AND gets all his ideas passed... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:22:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Bernie wins nomination, AND presidency, AND gets all his ideas passed... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bernie wins nomination, AND presidency, AND gets all his ideas passed...  (Read 1514 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« on: March 06, 2016, 11:33:48 PM »

Massive numbers of Democrats shift to R, but Perot Independents and Gen. Y go to the Democrats. Generation Z is 53%+ R-leaning.

I could see a VP Cory Booker/Sen. Brian Schatz 2024 ticket. As far as the Republicans go, one of Sandoval or Baker or Gardner is probably their nominee.
Why would people who support Sanders switch to Republicans? Especially in this scenario where a majority approve of Sanders upon him leaving office in 2025.

Also, I'm not asking about candidates (and I have no idea where you got those candidates or numbers from either)... I'm asking about what happens to the Democratic Party? What becomes their policy platform? Which direction do they head in?

Because they won't. That agenda is truly massive and to somehow get it all done would change things significantly in this country. Gen Y = Millennials, who are already heavily Democratic. That is not changing at this point, especially given the spectacle that is the GOP.

GenZ would stand to benefit the most from those policies as they would be young adults as those programs/services/benefits rain down on them. They would see the world as significantly better than their older friends/family and would attribute it to the current president, as most people have done throughout our history. GenZ, or at least the older GenZ citizens, would be locked in to the Democratic party as well with that kind of success - Even more so if the next president were a Republican bent on tearing it all down, which is 50/50 if the programs were not widely accepted by older folks in time for that election.

The model comparison here is to Western Europe, where liberal parties basically fulfilled all their dreams for society in the period just after WWII.  Since then, conservatives have won a majority of the time and liberal parties have almost entirely been playing defense of the status quo.

It does seem strange to me how a party could deliver such things, only to have the people turn against them later down the road. I'm sure in all instances there are some logical reasons and some illogical, but still strange.

For instance, take Social Security. Republicans constantly talk about cutting it, along with a slew of other social programs, yet their voters want these things and they still elect them. It's like the ultimate form of taking for granted extremely valuable services that people fought hard for.

So many deeply embrace these social services that were almost all delivered by Democrats, and then go rail/vote against Democrats in favor of people who say they want to slash funding for these very services. It really bothers me. Especially when you think that if Republicans did significantly cut social programs, older people/Republicans would go absolutely insane, as if it was a big nasty surprise and they have no idea why their representatives would do such a thing!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies