Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 12:52:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45
Author Topic: Republican Bayou/Cauci Saturday election results thread (first results @3pm ET?)  (Read 53562 times)
win win
dxu8888

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: March 06, 2016, 12:21:31 AM »

The Republican party is doing a good job of telling Hispanics, Arabs, Blacks, Asians and practically every minority to screw off with Trump's nomination

Wrong again. All Mexicans are Hispanics. All Hispanics are not Mexicans. Especially those who live in FL.
Arabs ?? Muslims are 1% of the US population, concentrated in large metros like NEW YORK.
Blacks?? Trump didn't say anything bad about Black people. Where do you make this stuff up? Trump is likely to win 10% of Blacks with a much lower turnout this time, for obvious reasons.
Asians?? "China is beating us" has nothing to do with Asians living in the US. Many Asians I know support Trump.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1076 on: March 06, 2016, 12:22:18 AM »

The Republican party is doing a good job of telling Hispanics, Arabs, Blacks, Asians and practically every minority to screw off with Trump's nomination

Wrong again. All Mexicans are Hispanics. All Hispanics are not Mexicans. Especially those who live in FL.
Arabs ?? Muslims are 1% of the US population, concentrated in large metros like NEW YORK.
Blacks?? Trump didn't say anything bad about Black people. Where do you make this stuff up? Trump is likely to win 10% of Blacks with a much lower turnout this time, for obvious reasons.
Asians?? "China is beating us" has nothing to do with Asians living in the US. Many Asians I know support Trump.

Ah, well that seals it then.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1077 on: March 06, 2016, 12:24:07 AM »

Cruz won every county in Maine except Knox, which Trump won, and Aroostook, which was a tie.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1078 on: March 06, 2016, 12:24:48 AM »

Ah, well that seals it then.

Anecdotal evidence is my favorite.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1079 on: March 06, 2016, 12:26:12 AM »

I knew many Arabs who voted for Romney, does that mean they voted as a majority for Romney? Lol no, they went to Obama ~70-30%
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1080 on: March 06, 2016, 12:30:30 AM »

Maine caucus so far (1 caucus site out of 22):
Cruz     49.8%
Trump  30.8%
Kasich  10.5%
Rubio     7.6%

What? The entire state has only 22 caucus sites?

Looks that way:
http://mainegop.com/caucus/

Most counties have only one caucus site, except for the most populous or largest geographically, which have up to 3.  And there are only 16 counties in Maine.

Incidentally, although the media narrative will never touch this depth of analysis, it's actually not surprising that Cruz won Maine. When most of a fairly large state has only ONE freaking polling place PER COUNTY, this is exactly the type of system that places an emphasis on the True Believers and not on more un-involved supporters like Trump's.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1081 on: March 06, 2016, 12:32:49 AM »

Louisiana final results

Trump: 124,818 (41.4%)
Cruz: 113,949 (37.8%)
Rubio: 33,804 (11.2%)
Kasich: 19,355 (6.4%)

Trump won the 48,407 early votes 46.7%-22.9%.  Rubio won 20.1% of the early vote; Kasich 3.7%.

Cruz won the 252,762 election day votes 40.7% to 40.4%.  Rubio only won 9.5% of the election day vote; Kasich improved to just under 7.0%.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1082 on: March 06, 2016, 12:41:10 AM »

Maine caucus so far (1 caucus site out of 22):
Cruz     49.8%
Trump  30.8%
Kasich  10.5%
Rubio     7.6%

What? The entire state has only 22 caucus sites?

Looks that way:
http://mainegop.com/caucus/

Most counties have only one caucus site, except for the most populous or largest geographically, which have up to 3.  And there are only 16 counties in Maine.

Incidentally, although the media narrative will never touch this depth of analysis, it's actually not surprising that Cruz won Maine. When most of a fairly large state has only ONE freaking polling place PER COUNTY, this is exactly the type of system that places an emphasis on the True Believers and not on more un-involved supporters like Trump's.

Same kind of thing with the Kentucky caucus, except counties in Kentucky are much smaller than counties in Maine.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #1083 on: March 06, 2016, 12:45:11 AM »

Jesus, what happened in Maine? Didn't see that one coming.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1084 on: March 06, 2016, 12:50:35 AM »

It's sad to see the GOP implode over itself like this. The party should have noticed the warning signs

What warning signs? You and the other TRUMP haters are causing the implosion.

How are we causing the problem? Trump is doing that himself.

You are uniting against TRUMP instead of coalescing around him. You are causing the implosion.

It’s not a normal treatment of the frontrunner and it’s one indicative of having the desire to stop him and not thinking about the consequences in the general.

For the good of the party THAT IS WHY we're against him, me and so many others will never vote for him because he can't come up with decent policy positions, his campaign has brought out the worst in people with passionate xenophobia, racism, etc., and we're fighting to prevent that.

By nominating Ted Cruz?!?!?

By nominating not trump. And if that means Cruz, so be it. Cruz does not set the party back any further with minorities than it is at the moment; trump destroys it.

Anyways, I'm going to be out for a few minutes. Hopefully trump won't lose any more delegates while I'm gone; there's no more voting so there's no way for that to be done, but I wouldn't put it past him. He is a remarkable man.

HOW?!? Vosem, I like you and we share the disgust for Trump, but you happen to be the post that broke my camel's back. Can we all PLEASE stop saying Ted Freakin' Cruz is anything close to rational/mainstream/the savior of the GOP because he is at least an iota more polished than Trump??

Rallying around Cruz to stop Trump is akin to countering swallowed poison by shooting oneself in the throat.

Cruz is better than trump because defeating trump will show that childishness and basing your campaign entirely around wanting more aggressive immigration policy will result in an unsuccessful campaign. At this point, we're trying to make sure the smallest amount of damage possible is inflicted on the party. If the most we can reduce it by is one iota, well, at least that iota won't be around to hurt us.

But there ARE other viable options (well, option) available. Cruz is just as awfully electorally and politically. Adopting HIM as the vehicle to Stop Trump is ludicrous.

Cruz has successfully positioned himself as the only candidate who can stop trump in many states. It's not perfect but it's politics. I live in OH (as you do, right?) and I've cast my vote for Kasich, but if I lived in LA I would certainly have voted for Cruz. Only in proportional states would I support my actual candidate (Rubio), along with states where it seems he has the best shot of stopping trump.
Seriously?
United States

« Reply #1085 on: March 06, 2016, 01:02:14 AM »

There was no polling in Maine since November (showing a Christie lead) and the times the individual caucuses were open were staggered by caucus site. That favors whomever has the best organization in the state to GOTV.

Nothing would have shocked me there.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2016, 01:05:21 AM »

Evangelicals DID come out for Romney.....

Hispanics is what KILLED Romney in the general when he did worse than McCain by only GETTING 27% OF THEM

DID NOT. Check out the election results. A lot of them stayed home. Compare to 2004 W's results.

In 2004 23% were white evangelical and Bush got 78%. In 2012 26% were white evangelical and Romney got 78%

catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1087 on: March 06, 2016, 01:08:29 AM »

I really want a county map for Maine. Can't find one anywhere right now! Wish county maps for Kansas also were easier to come by. CNN, NYT, WashPo and HuffPo all have only CDs for Kansas and MN and nothing for Maine.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1088 on: March 06, 2016, 01:11:26 AM »

I really want a county map for Maine. Can't find one anywhere right now! Wish county maps for Kansas also were easier to come by. CNN, NYT, WashPo and HuffPo all have only CDs for Kansas and MN and nothing for Maine.

I have a county map for Maine in my primaries thread.
catographer
Megameow
United States
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2016, 01:18:23 AM »

I have a county map for Maine in my primaries thread.

Looks like an awesome map, I was checking it earlier but I didn't see the new states until now. Great job!
Not that you could do anything about this, but I'm colorblind and it's hard for me to distinguish between Bernie Green and Hillary Red. I do my best tho x)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1090 on: March 06, 2016, 02:02:41 AM »

Cruz missiles rained down on the state.
#RememberTheMaine
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2016, 02:14:56 AM »

Nah. The establishment would knee cap Cruz in a brokered convention if they had the chance.
The delegates to the convention will be making the decision. The Cruz delegates will support Cruz.

The delegates pledged to Trump will be a variety of Trump supporters, establishment supporters, and Cruz supporters.

For example, in Texas, the national delegates will be chosen by the state convention. The selection process began at precinct conventions on election night. How many Trump supporters showed up for those, particularly Democrat cross-over voters. They have to vote for Trump on the first ballot, but will be able to vote for Cruz on rules matters, platform matters, and for Cruz after the first ballot. They can even participate in floor demonstrations for Cruz.

Will the Trump delegates switch to John Boehner, and how many ballots would it take for him to get 50%.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #1092 on: March 06, 2016, 02:15:35 AM »

I've added the KS GOP county results to the map in my thread. Cruz won all but one county/county-group. Trump won Ness County, KS.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1093 on: March 06, 2016, 02:18:14 AM »

What you are failing to understand, is that an attack on one minority group, is taken as an attack (or possible future attacks) on all other minority groups.
This includes all groups that are viewed as "disenfranchised" of their basic rights (in one form or another).
So not only people of color, but also the GLBT community, etc, etc.

So when one group sees multiple attacks on other groups, they worry that they are next, and so this fear affects their vote also. They don't necessarily need to be "attacked" or targeted directly.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1094 on: March 06, 2016, 02:22:36 AM »

The turnout game...

Kansas:

Republicans: 73,116 (65.2%)
Democrats: 39,043 (34.8%)

Louisiana:

Democrats: 311,613 (50.9%)

Republicans: 301,169 (49.1%)
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1095 on: March 06, 2016, 02:31:24 AM »

The turnout game...

Kansas:

Louisiana:

LA = swing state?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1096 on: March 06, 2016, 02:32:22 AM »

The turnout game...

Kansas:

Louisiana:

LA = swing state?

Closed primary. Its actually pretty impressive for Republicans considering Democrats have a massive advantage with registration still to this day.
James Bond 007
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1097 on: March 06, 2016, 02:33:38 AM »

Not at all.  Those are old Democrats who are now basically Republicans.  Without Clinton running against two candidates, LA hasn't been battleground ever really.  I mean it was part of Carter's coalition, but since 1968 has been Republican and even in 1964.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #1098 on: March 06, 2016, 03:05:22 AM »

Not at all.  Those are old Democrats who are now basically Republicans.  Without Clinton running against two candidates, LA hasn't been battleground ever really.  I mean it was part of Carter's coalition, but since 1968 has been Republican and even in 1964.

Clinton won 52% in LA in 1996, so certainly nobody spoiled it for Dole, and even Gore was within single-digits here. Try again.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1099 on: March 06, 2016, 07:06:20 AM »

National popular vote so far, across all primaries and caucuses to date:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R

Trump 34%
Cruz 29%
Rubio 21%
Kasich 7%
Carson 6%
Bush 2%

Sure is a powerful popular vote mandate for Trump from the Republican electorate, no?
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies