President Donald Rumsfeld?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:57:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  President Donald Rumsfeld?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: President Donald Rumsfeld?  (Read 3329 times)
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 07:10:28 AM »

I've long criticized Rumsfeld's program of "Defense Transformation". 

Hey now . . . that's my living right there.  Smiley  Fortunately, what is "thought up" and "proposed" are rarely inacted in the military.  Otherwise, we would only have the USAF these days loaded with atomic bombs (proposal following WWII).  Smiley

I wish I could show you some of the stuff my company works on without giving away who I work for.  Hmmmm . . . maybe I should just start a thread filled with items from all the defense contractors, and slip one or two items from my company in there . . . just to keep you guessing.  hahaha
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005, 07:28:36 AM »

o my that wont happen.

there are riots going on in rapid city at the moment.

I'm a fairly regular reader of the Rapid City Journal, and I've seen no mention of riots, which makes me doubtful.

Having spent a good amount of time in downtown Rapid City, the idea of riots there is pretty amusing. It's oftentimes pretty deserted.
If ever there are riots in Rapid City, it will be race riots. That city is 10% Native American.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2005, 07:57:23 AM »

o my that wont happen.

there are riots going on in rapid city at the moment.
Huh? What? Riots in Rapid City?

Ignore the mangina.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 05:15:23 PM »

Hey now . . . that's my living right there.  Smiley  Fortunately, what is "thought up" and "proposed" are rarely inacted in the military.  Otherwise, we would only have the USAF these days loaded with atomic bombs (proposal following WWII).  Smiley

I wish I could show you some of the stuff my company works on without giving away who I work for.  Hmmmm . . . maybe I should just start a thread filled with items from all the defense contractors, and slip one or two items from my company in there . . . just to keep you guessing.  hahaha

Most of the hi-tech research is alright by me, its the overall vision of smaller and lighetr that I think is not effective.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 07:38:50 PM »

Most of the hi-tech research is alright by me, its the overall vision of smaller and lighetr that I think is not effective.

True, and my company struggles with that.  However, the best part of his vision is the multi-use and off-the-shelf concepts for various equipment and weapons that is truly "transformational."  In fact, one of the companies this morning (Titan Corp - soon to be L-3 Communications in a merger) received a contract to build an inexpensive, off-the-shelf cruise missile for about $100K each, compared to the near $1Mill from Lockheed (who almost merged with Titan last year).  Now, Titan's missile had some earlier flaws, but seems ready for a full round of tests (which this small contract is for).  I'm just surprised that it's taken so long for the Pentagon to realize that they don't have to pay out the nose for weapon systems any more.  hehehe

Now, with the increase in savings . . . maybe we can get back to increasing the size of our military.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies