Why Bush will win
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:32:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why Bush will win
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Why Bush will win  (Read 17276 times)
StevenNick
StevenNick99

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 22, 2003, 03:23:03 PM »

1.  The economy is growing rapidly
2.  After catching Saddam, the war seems to be going considerably better.
3.  Gay marriage seems like it will be the big social issue of 2004 which plays right into the republicans' hands.
4.  Republican voter ID has overtaken dem ID in numerous key swing states such as Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and Washington.
5.  Bush will have an astronomical amount of money.
6.  Dean will be the nominee.  Karl Rove will easily be able to paint Dean as an ultra-liberal who's out of step with mainstream America (They'll attack Dean on civil unions, the war, the tax-cuts, and draft-dodging among other things).
7.  Bush, acting very Clinton-esque, signed the Prescription Drug bill thus taking an issue away from the democrats.

Dean's opposition to the tax-cuts is going to kill him in the midwest and the southwest.  There's no point in Dean even campaigning in Missouri, Montana, Nevada, or Arizona.

Dean's opposition to the war is going to hurt him in New Jersey, Arkansas, New Hampshire, New York (although he'll win it anyway), and West Virginia.

The fact that he signed a civil unions bill is going to kill him everywhere else.  Once again, democrats won't win a single Southern state.  There going to do a lot worse in the midwest than they did in 2000.  Look for Bush to make some inroads on the West Coast (Oregon and maybe California or Washington) and in the Northeast (Maine perhaps).
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 03:24:18 PM »

1.  The economy is growing rapidly
2.  After catching Saddam, the war seems to be going considerably better.
3.  Gay marriage seems like it will be the big social issue of 2004 which plays right into the republicans' hands.
4.  Republican voter ID has overtaken dem ID in numerous key swing states such as Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and Washington.
5.  Bush will have an astronomical amount of money.
6.  Dean will be the nominee.  Karl Rove will easily be able to paint Dean as an ultra-liberal who's out of step with mainstream America (They'll attack Dean on civil unions, the war, the tax-cuts, and draft-dodging among other things).
7.  Bush, acting very Clinton-esque, signed the Prescription Drug bill thus taking an issue away from the democrats.

Dean's opposition to the tax-cuts is going to kill him in the midwest and the southwest.  There's no point in Dean even campaigning in Missouri, Montana, Nevada, or Arizona.

Dean's opposition to the war is going to hurt him in New Jersey, Arkansas, New Hampshire, New York (although he'll win it anyway), and West Virginia.

The fact that he signed a civil unions bill is going to kill him everywhere else.  Once again, democrats won't win a single Southern state.  There going to do a lot worse in the midwest than they did in 2000.  Look for Bush to make some inroads on the West Coast (Oregon and maybe California or Washington) and in the Northeast (Maine perhaps).

We know, we know *sigh*.
jravnsbo

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 03:49:12 PM »

Plus as I have been sayiing Bush signed the farm bill and next year will sign the Energy bill which will play extremely well to Midwestern farm communities with its ethanol subsidies.

If Bush can battle the Dems on their Gore states in the Midwest he will break the Dems back.  

Bush didn't even compete there in 2000 and only went Dem int he last week, and in 2002 GOP swept everything.
jravnsbo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 04:36:57 PM »

Why Bush will win,

Because your new God said so! Vote Bush! Smiley Smiley  cool 501 to be a God
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 05:09:35 PM »

Why Bush will win,

Because your new God said so! Vote Bush! Smiley Smiley  cool 501 to be a God

I wanna be a God too! Cry  I've been a member of the forum for nearly 2 months..and I'm just a Senior Member. Sad

YOU AND YOUR DAMN POSTS!!!
jravnsbo

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 05:21:12 PM »

QUIET! are you challenging GOD, lol.

All in fun, on a few different boards so I can switch back and forth and get ideas all over the place , plus I do read a lot of online stuff, newspapers and such from different states.
zorkpolitics
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 05:31:30 PM »

I agree it is highly likely Bush will win, in part for the 7 reasons given.  But also Bush has done exactly what he said he would do in the 2000 campaign, no waffling, no changing with the wind, and I think people respect that.

But there are bigger reasons that Bush is likely to win.  America has always been an optimistic country and responds to a leader with a positive vision for the future.  Bush will run on three broad, positive  themes

1) Accomplishment (his record),
2) Responding to 9-11,
3) A better future: such as The Ownership Society, improvements to Social Security and Medicare

The Democratic Nominee will try to convince everyone the country is worse off and getting worse, in the end they’ll get desperate and resort to class warfare, not a positive message and one doomed to electoral failure.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 07:09:24 PM »

I agree it is highly likely Bush will win, in part for the 7 reasons given.  But also Bush has done exactly what he said he would do in the 2000 campaign, no waffling, no changing with the wind, and I think people respect that.

But there are bigger reasons that Bush is likely to win.  America has always been an optimistic country and responds to a leader with a positive vision for the future.  Bush will run on three broad, positive  themes

1) Accomplishment (his record),
2) Responding to 9-11,
3) A better future: such as The Ownership Society, improvements to Social Security and Medicare

The Democratic Nominee will try to convince everyone the country is worse off and getting worse, in the end they’ll get desperate and resort to class warfare, not a positive message and one doomed to electoral failure.

The more I hear, see, read, the more I am convinced of G.W. at the helm for another 4 years. Unless, and only unless, there is a more significant terrorist attack that would rival or beat 9-11 as the worst on U.S. soil. If that happens, Heaven Help Us All !
Jacob
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 07:42:36 PM »

(They'll attack Dean on civil unions, the war, the tax-cuts, and draft-dodging among other things).

Bush dodged the draft, too. His daddy got him in the Air National Guard and then he went AWOL for a year. If Clarkk is the nominee, count on that to come out.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 09:47:54 PM »

Bush will win because he was in a war, and the economy is doing decently.

I'm forming a 'Liberal League' around my school, and the #2 reason why people say no is because Bush was in a war.  I asked one of them what would happen if he hadn't gotten into the war, and she said she wouldn't like Bush.

And, of course, the #1 reason is that either I'm stupid, or the organization is stupid.

*sigh* The perils of being a young overenthusiastic liberal.
Bandit3 the Worker
bandit73
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2003, 10:37:13 PM »

Once again, democrats won't win a single Southern state.

Since the South is still fighting the Civil War, they shouldn't be allowed to pull the rest of the country down with them.
jravnsbo

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2003, 11:57:12 PM »

Yeah a new liberal springs up in MN after such huge defeats in MN in 2002?  Odd.

Gov Pawlenty , Sen Cleman, increased majority int eh state House and picked up seats in the state Senate to pull within a couple.  Now when Bush actually puts some money into MN unlike 2000, you might as well come on over to the GOP side, not near as gloomy over here!

I'm forming a 'Liberal League' around my school, and the #2 reason why people say no is because Bush was in a war.  I asked one of them what would happen if he hadn't gotten into the war, and she said she wouldn't like Bush.

And, of course, the #1 reason is that either I'm stupid, or the organization is stupid.

M

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 12:34:49 PM »

Bush is really stupid. Also, Bush is an evil genius with a master plan to take over the world! Wait, that's Cheney and his cabal of big oil, Christian conservative Zionist neocons with links to Enron and Dick Grasso!

That platform's a sure winner. Independents'll come running.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2003, 04:51:41 PM »

Yeah a new liberal springs up in MN after such huge defeats in MN in 2002?  Odd.

Gov Pawlenty , Sen Cleman, increased majority int eh state House and picked up seats in the state Senate to pull within a couple.  Now when Bush actually puts some money into MN unlike 2000, you might as well come on over to the GOP side, not near as gloomy over here!

New?  Hardly.  I've been liberal since I was... say... 9.

And me?  Gloomy?  Dean (hem, sorry, the Democratic candidate) may get a whole 40% of the popular vote in the nation!  *gasp*
M

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2003, 04:08:00 AM »

And you know what's really sad? I've read some polls that suggest Dean may carry our nation's capital.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2003, 10:05:50 AM »

Bush is really stupid. Also, Bush is an evil genius with a master plan to take over the world! Wait, that's Cheney and his cabal of big oil, Christian conservative Zionist neocons with links to Enron and Dick Grasso!

And you are a Republican? You should be ashamed and go to politcal confession.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2003, 02:14:21 PM »

Bush is a Man of Faith & He Belives in God I Think that its Time that Amercan goes back to God in 2004
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2003, 04:32:30 AM »

Bush is a Man of Faith & He Belives in God I Think that its Time that Amercan goes back to God in 2004
You got that one correct, John. America severed ties with its roots/heritage. It is a great SIN against GOD that the United States was founded on Christian [guiding] principles, and then after a period of only 228 years, revolt against HIM and Denounce HIM so viciously.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2003, 01:55:12 PM »

Chris, were you being sarcastic?  I hope so.
CHRISTOPHER MICHAE
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2003, 10:08:37 PM »

Chris, were you being sarcastic?  I hope so.
No I wasn't being sarcastic.
Demrepdan

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2003, 04:03:24 PM »

Works for me. The man said his peace, let him be.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2003, 04:06:05 PM »

The man is an idiot.  He has 55 posts already....he has posted in all of our buried threads.  I think it is fair to ask justification from him.
Demrepdan

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2003, 04:25:11 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2003, 04:26:18 PM by Demrepdan »

The man is an idiot.  He has 55 posts already....he has posted in all of our buried threads.  I think it is fair to ask justification from him.

I wish Dave would make a few of us trusted members, moderators at the forums. (If the forums will allow him to, that is.) That way we can lay down the law with an IRON FIST, and stop all these fools and their stupid posts, and bring an end to trolls. As President Bush said about terrorist, I say about trolls.

We will hunt them down, and take em down. We'll smoke em out. These guys can't stay hidden forever. They will experience the justice they never gave to others.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 04:29:11 PM »

I wish Dave would make a few of us trusted members, moderators at the forums. (If the forums will allow him to, that is.) That way we can lay down the law with an IRON FIST, and stop all these fools and their stupid posts, and bring an end to trolls. As President Bush said about terrorist, I say about trolls.

We will hunt them down, and take em down. We'll smoke em out. These guys can't stay hidden forever. They will experience the justice they never gave to others.
But, if he did that, everyone would be crying for a moderator job.  If he did give some people moderator jobs, I don't think either one of us deserves it.  I have only been a member since May, and you weren't at the old board.  Somebody who has been here a long time deserves the job.
Demrepdan

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 04:40:18 PM »

But, if he did that, everyone would be crying for a moderator job.  If he did give some people moderator jobs, I don't think either one of us deserves it.  I have only been a member since May, and you weren't at the old board.  Somebody who has been here a long time deserves the job.

Agreed. I know that I don't really deserve it, since I'm realtively new the the forum, and plus I know I would abuse my power as moderator. lol

But someone else should be moderator, so they can end all of this nonesense. Someone strong.....someone smart....someone wise....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies