Hillary Clinton will be our next president.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:47:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary Clinton will be our next president.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary Clinton will be our next president.  (Read 4170 times)
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2016, 08:58:19 PM »

Before you call me a Hillary Hack lol, I know she will win for sure. She will owe her upcoming win to minorities(since she drove up bigger than numbers than Obama did in 08),women,young people and the sane Sanders supporters.  The minority vote in OH/PA/VA and FL should keep her above water and will make it a huge nightmare for The Trumpster.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:06 PM »

If the Hillary campaign starts off running in the GE with your mentality, she'll lose to Trump in a landslide.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:09 PM »

Why do you Hillary supporters start this thread like every single day? Getting nervous already?
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:12 PM »

Hillary will win PA & VA. Her numbers are weak in OH (to be fair so are Trump's) and Trump seems strong in FL.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 09:00:50 PM »

Beautiful post! Great.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 09:01:32 PM »

Why do you Hillary supporters start this thread like every single day? Getting nervous already?
Maybe to help us adjust gradually to what they see as an inevitable Clinton presidency.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »

You do realize that Dem turnout has been down in every state thus far (in some cases rather significantly) and African Americans are only a higher % of the dem electorate in 2016 vs 2008 because all the whites left and joined the Republicans.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 09:03:07 PM »

Before you call me a Hillary Hack lol, I know she will win for sure. She will owe her upcoming win to minorities(since she drove up bigger than numbers than Obama did in 08),women,young people and the sane Sanders supporters.  The minority vote in OH/PA/VA and FL should keep her above water and will make it a huge nightmare for The Trumpster.
You are probably right, especially if (as seems likely) Trump is her GOP nominee and a significant Independent candidate, such as Michael Bloomberg, emerges.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 09:05:13 PM »

You do realize that Dem turnout has been down in every state thus far (in some cases rather significantly) and African Americans are only a higher % of the dem electorate in 2016 vs 2008 because all the whites left and joined the Republicans.
And in some cases got very old and died. The age gradient in 2016 will probably be smaller than in 2012 or 2008, but still a factor. Trump may well win the votes of those 45 and older, while losing the PV overall and the election.
Sasquatch

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -8.52

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 09:08:18 PM »

You can just sense the fear emanating from Clinton 2016's post.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 09:14:09 PM »

We are probably looking at a map almost identical to 2012:

Clinton/Castro 49% / 303 EV
Trump/Scott Brown(NH) 46% / 235 EV
Bloomberg 3.5%
Others 1.5%
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24:05 PM »

Okay, overlooking all this animosity I will prefer Clinton to Rubio, Cruz & Trump.

But she has is not going to win - She maybe a good candidate for a Democratic Primary but a terrible General Election Candidate - 0 Crossover appeal, Poor appeal from young people, poor among independents, considered dishonest.

This result is even more proof she will loose - Look at the concentration of black votes & how Dems are bleeding white voters. At this rate only black, a large section of hispanics & some whites will be left.

And I will be sad to see what Trump will do to Clinton, the attacks.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2016, 09:24:23 PM »

Let's make a bet, shall we? If Clinton wins the presidency, I have to put a Clinton-themed picture in my signature for her entire time in the White House. If Clinton doesn't win the presidency, you have to put a picture of whoever defeats Clinton in your signature for their entire time in the White House.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2016, 09:28:35 PM »

Continue underestimating TRUMP. That's all people have been doing this whole damn election campaign, and they've been proven wrong again and again. She is the worst opposition to him. A slightly more competent jeb. Political lifer from a political family who is somehow more hawkish and pro-special interest than the Republican nominee.

Do not underestimate him because he can win.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 09:48:53 PM »

If the Hillary campaign starts off running in the GE with your mentality, she'll lose to Trump in a landslide.
diskymike44

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2016, 09:49:20 PM »

Let's make a bet, shall we? If Clinton wins the presidency, I have to put a Clinton-themed picture in my signature for her entire time in the White House. If Clinton doesn't win the presidency, you have to put a picture of whoever defeats Clinton in your signature for their entire time in the White House.

DEAL!!!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2016, 10:24:13 PM »

Yeah.. I'll be mildly surprised if Hillary wins the general.  

Nobody will be excited for Hillary while everyone will be excited for Trump.  Unless something profound happens.. the election is his with Hillary at the D helm.

She has her work cut out for her.  And the Hillary supporters who think she'll cruise to election... you've got another thing comin'
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 10:32:57 PM »

Continue underestimating TRUMP. That's all people have been doing this whole damn election campaign, and they've been proven wrong again and again. She is the worst opposition to him. A slightly more competent jeb. Political lifer from a political family who is somehow more hawkish and pro-special interest than the Republican nominee.

Do not underestimate him because he can win.

You really shouldn't talk about underestimation if you're going to compare Hillary to Jeb.
diskymike44

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 10:38:53 PM »

Sorry but Trump isn't gonna win. His racist remarks will do him in. Believing he will win is like saying Kanye West is gonna win
RRusso1982
Rookie
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 10:44:28 PM »

Here is my map.  Arizona is the surprise Hillary win.  Hispanics come out big to vote against Trump.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 10:49:37 PM »

OK, so you want me to stay home, since there's no point in voting.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »

Sorry but Trump isn't gonna win. His racist remarks will do him in. Believing he will win is like saying Kanye West is gonna win
You should really tell that to the polling numbers...
Admiral Kizaru
Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -3.83

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 10:52:05 PM »

If she's won Arizona then she's won North Carolina.

To the thread, at the moment I peg her as the favorite to be the next president but I'm certainly not counting my chickens yet. With Trump anything's possible - he's been rewriting the political rulebook as he's progressed. Her campaign can't solely rely on "anti-Trump" enthusiasm to drive voters to the polls but need to generate some from her own candidacy, something she's been sorely lacking so far.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 10:53:23 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2016, 10:57:17 PM by Clarko95 »

Yeah.. I'll be mildly surprised if Hillary wins the general.  

Nobody will be excited for Hillary while everyone will be excited for Trump. Unless something profound happens.. the election is his with Hillary at the D helm.

You have your primaries backwards.

Both Hillary and Bernie are viewed very positively by the others' supporters. Hillary has a very enthusiastic following with the Democratic base. Bill and Barack Obama campaigning alongside her will get the Democratic base fired up. The economy is doing well, wages are rising, gas prices are low, millions more have health insurace, etc. If Obama didn't lose in a far worse environment in 2012, why the hell would Hillary lose now? Emails? Benghazi? All these attacks fall flat. You really think minorities give a sh_t about that when the opposing candidate is Donald f_cking Trump? Yeah I'm sure blacks and Hispanics are suddenly going to start voting Republican just because the GOP hate machine has been firing at her for a year.

Trump? The Republican Party is disaster in the primaries. Sure, the overwhelming majority of Republican voters will unite behind the Trump ticket, but the GOP base keeps dying and new voters are overwhelmingly Democratic. No one is "excited" for Trump other than his most hardcore supporters. Everyone else is terrified. You really think his blowhard personality will play well in the suburbs of Columbus, Cleveland, Denver, Philadelphia, Tampa, Charlotte, and Washington DC? You really think the sh_tshow of the primaries is helping the GOP's image? Do we really think that in 2012, if the Republicans had just nominated someone other than Romney, that candidate would have won because people only vote based on the candidate and not the platform or the image of the party as a whole?

The GOP brand is still absolute trash to vast sections of America; there's a reason they've won the Presidential popular vote only once since 1988.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 10:54:51 PM »

If Clinton is elected, she can thank Sanders, without his candidacy she wouldn't have had to move to the left.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies