Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:25:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Author Topic: Democratic South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)  (Read 44161 times)
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2016, 07:31:59 PM »

Current map:

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »

Angry white women going 51-49 to Sanders.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2016, 07:32:18 PM »

This will NOT be good for Bernie come Super Tuesday. If Clinton becomes presumptive nominee, will Republicans rally behind Trump out of fear?

Absolutely!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2016, 07:33:01 PM »

Hillary Clinton       14,573   80.3%   31 Delegates

Bernie Sanders   3,462   19.1               12 Delegates

Other   108   0.6   

18,143 votes, 1% reporting (26 of 2,240 precincts)
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2016, 07:33:07 PM »

Honestly, I don't see the reason why black people would vote for anybody other than TRUMP.

Clinton regularly made racially charged attacks on Obama, our greatest president, during the 2008 campaign. It is clear that she is no true friend of African-Americans.

Sanders moved away from Brooklyn because Brooklyn had too many African-Americans for his white supremacist ideals. He moved to the whitest part of the country.

Also, notice the fact that Black Lives Matter has protested Sanders and Clinton events, but never TRUMP events.

Oh? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/black-lives-matter-protester-details-trump-rally-attack-article-1.2445342

Those protesters were merely misinformed. TRUMP has a great relationship with the blacks. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if both Clinton and Sanders regularly donate to Stormfront.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #255 on: February 27, 2016, 07:33:41 PM »

Yeah, I'm calling it at at least 80-20 now.

Bye, Bernie. Sad

Lol don't worry it will tighten plenty.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #256 on: February 27, 2016, 07:34:16 PM »

Yeah, I'm calling it at at least 80-20 now.

Bye, Bernie. Sad

Lol don't worry it will tighten plenty.

Yeah, this is all early vote, which was about 75% black. Election day was about 60%.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »

Honestly, I don't see the reason why black people would vote for anybody other than TRUMP.

Clinton regularly made racially charged attacks on Obama, our greatest president, during the 2008 campaign. It is clear that she is no true friend of African-Americans.

Sanders moved away from Brooklyn because Brooklyn had too many African-Americans for his white supremacist ideals. He moved to the whitest part of the country.

Also, notice the fact that Black Lives Matter has protested Sanders and Clinton events, but never TRUMP events.

Oh? http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/black-lives-matter-protester-details-trump-rally-attack-article-1.2445342

Those protesters were merely misinformed. TRUMP has a great relationship with the blacks. On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if both Clinton and Sanders regularly donate to Stormfront.

When they say they got a lot of TRUMP-related traffic, I'm sure it was all in opposition to TRUMP, because his relationship with the blacks is so great.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »

Angry white women going 51-49 to Sanders.

The angry black women are clearly out in force today for Hillary though.
yourelection

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2016, 07:35:08 PM »

31 to 12 delegates could also give Clinton a psychological boost.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #260 on: February 27, 2016, 07:35:29 PM »

About as good as the KKK with African Americans. A minority isn't going to vote for a David Duke endorsed candidate.
yourelection

« Reply #261 on: February 27, 2016, 07:36:04 PM »

Victory speech coming up...
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #262 on: February 27, 2016, 07:36:55 PM »

About as good as the KKK with African Americans. A minority isn't going to vote for a David Duke endorsed candidate.

Who says that they can't? It just shows how TRUMP unites all of America.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #263 on: February 27, 2016, 07:36:58 PM »

Hillary Clinton        14,830   80.5%   

Bernie Sanders   3,491   18.9   

Other     111   0.6   

18,432 votes, 1% reporting (27 of 2,240 precincts)
It looks like Nate Silver was right.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #264 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:07 PM »

Do these Clinton scores among Blacks indicate anything other than a personality cult ? Low information vote ? I mean dayum !

lol dude you are from France. Don't even think for one second you can comment on the choices black Americans make regarding politics.
I will surely make sure to ask for your permission to ask questions or post posts from now on.
Folks who lack answers to questions and don't want to answer questions attack. I don't have an answer to the question of the heavy lean of the African American vote in SC, but have a hypothesis that its a mix of things such as:

-General allegiance to the president and the Clintons
-The AA vote in SC being generally conservative, especially for the older generations, and thus seeing Sanders as unacceptable in comparison to Clinton
-Not super enthusiastic about Clinton but active voters who are generally ok with either candidate but default to the one they know better
-Notions of electability, ect (The Clintons won before, and we like winning, ect)

There's a lot going on, or perhaps less than one might think in a situation like this.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #265 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:19 PM »

He flees Brooklyn because it has too many blacks but then helps Jesse Jackson win the Vermont caucus? OK.
MisterElection2001
Libertarian_Leo
Rookie
Cuba

« Reply #266 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:22 PM »

Wilson is now ahead of Martin O' Malley at .3%.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #267 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:25 PM »

This is disappointing...
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #268 on: February 27, 2016, 07:37:50 PM »

Even worse for Bernie: There's no way to spin this, 3 days before Super Tuesday. If anyone's going to overperform and get late momentum, it will be her.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #269 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:03 PM »

Hillary Clinton       24,104   78.5%   

Bernie Sanders   6,429   20.9   

Other   181   0.6   

30,714 votes, 4% reporting (97 of 2,240 precincts)

(Source: http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/south-carolina )
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #270 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:30 PM »

Imagine what the margins will be in Georgia and Alabama where Sanders is spending nothing and hasn't campaigned at all.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #271 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »

Clinton down to 62 in Oconee. Only at 55 in Anderson.
Wiz in Wis

« Reply #272 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:14 PM »

Do these Clinton scores among Blacks indicate anything other than a personality cult ? Low information vote ? I mean dayum !

lol dude you are from France. Don't even think for one second you can comment on the choices black Americans make regarding politics.
I will surely make sure to ask for your permission to ask questions or post posts from now on.
Folks who lack answers to questions and don't want to answer questions attack. I don't have an answer to the question of the heavy lean of the African American vote in SC, but have a hypothesis that its a mix of things such as:

-General allegiance to the president and the Clintons
-The AA vote in SC being generally conservative, especially for the older generations, and thus seeing Sanders as unacceptable in comparison to Clinton
-Not super enthusiastic about Clinton but active voters who are generally ok with either candidate but default to the one they know better
-Notions of electability, ect (The Clintons won before, and we like winning, ect)

There's a lot going on, or perhaps less than one might think in a situation like this.

Also, Bernie taking potshots at Barack Obama certainly didn't help.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:33 PM »

Who did Ernest vote for, Willie Wilson or Bernie??
Bernie. I'd have considered Wilson if it weren't for the 15% threshold for delegates.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2016, 07:40:45 PM »

If Beaufort County is 73% Clinton with three-quarters of precincts in, this isn't going to improve for Sanders all that much.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies