How would YOU attack Trump?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  How would YOU attack Trump?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would YOU attack Trump?  (Read 446 times)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2016, 02:03:49 AM »

Trump has so many weaknesses, but he also seems completely invulnerable.  You are given $20MM by Conservative Solutions PAC and told that if you can make a six-point dent in Trump's poll numbers you'll be given $80MM more, and if you manage to secure Senator Rubio the nomination you are guaranteed a cushy, high-paying job in his administration.  Your move Atlas, what do you hit him on and how?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:04:52 AM »

I wouldn't.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 02:05:13 AM »

Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 02:10:50 AM »

Dig into this past. He's done some pretty weird things like kissing Rudy Giuliani who was wearing a drag.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 02:18:40 AM »

PeteB
Canada

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 02:36:34 AM »

Is this an attempt by the creative agency for the PAC to get some free advice?

OK, I will play (if it works send me the check).

Attacking Trump on his flip flops and inconsistencies is useless. You attack traits that his supporters like:

1. Ability to connect with the common people and
2. His ability to negotiate and lead

To do this, I would look for an ex-Trump employee o a business associate, who could show that Trump is a poor leader and weak in negotiations (no idea if this is true but that's where I would start). Secondly I would dig deep into Trump's real estate deals in NYC (a market notorious for a lot of things), and look for any cases of influence peddling, bribery, bid fixing, etc.

Once I get my check, I will go further! Smiley
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:40:22 AM »

Basically be a nice but steadfast version of Trump without sounding nervous during the attacks like Jeb and Marco.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 02:43:24 AM »

Is this an attempt by the creative agency for the PAC to get some free advice?

OK, I will play (if it works send me the check).

Attacking Trump on his flip flops and inconsistencies is useless. You attack traits that his supporters like:

1. Ability to connect with the common people and
2. His ability to negotiate and lead

To do this, I would look for an ex-Trump employee o a business associate, who could show that Trump is a poor leader and weak in negotiations (no idea if this is true but that's where I would start). Secondly I would dig deep into Trump's real estate deals in NYC (a market notorious for a lot of things), and look for any cases of influence peddling, bribery, bid fixing, etc.

Once I get my check, I will go further! Smiley

Yeah I like this.  I bet you could find some people Trump failed to make deals with who could tell (or invent) stories of erratic behavior or pathetic groveling in the boardroom.
Of course Trump will just hit you with "This guy is a total loser, he made X Y Z bad business deals and then came to me begging for money like a dog, and I turned him down because I don't give money to people who are just going to lose it."  He won't bother defending himself or explaining, he'll just blast away the credibility of the guy you've found.  If you find four people, he'll pick the weakest one and by discrediting him discredit all four.  Now what?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2016, 02:56:41 AM »
« Edited: February 27, 2016, 03:00:13 AM by Thinking Crumpets Crumpet »

Act passive-aggressive, roll my eyes, and say things like "are you done yet?" Maybe giggle once in a while when he's being especially crazy. It might not work, but it's my natural reaction to most of what he says, so at least it wouldn't seem scripted like Jeb's "you can't insult your way to the Presidency!"
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2016, 04:33:18 AM »

Instead of hitting him on his weaknesses, of which there are many, I would hit him on his strength. His number one strength is his alpha image. I would call him out on that. I would call it an act. Mind you, if I was a candidate I probably wouldn't be able to pull it off, but I think the people running against him need to think along those lines. As long as his alpha image is intact, all his weaknesses won't matter much.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 04:41:30 AM »

As a Republican?

On-stage:

I would interrupt him constantly, mock/mirror his actions/behaviors by saying things like "EXCUSE ME" when he's talking, and generally lambaste him with personal/character insults that hit him right in his id and ego.

Off-stage:

I would definitely hammer the rape thing, as well as the abortion thing, the elitist angle and the Yankee angle.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2016, 05:21:58 AM »

I would definitely hammer the rape thing, as well as the abortion thing, the elitist angle and the Yankee angle.

What rape thing?  Is this the Ivana thing?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies