Republican South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:03:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
Author Topic: Republican South Carolina Primary results thread (polls close @7pm ET)  (Read 61574 times)
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: February 20, 2016, 10:36:36 PM »

The other thing to watch is whether Trump maintains a double digits win.  He's up by exactly 10 right now.

Well there's 6 precincts outstanding.

It can and will be spinned multiple ways. "YUUUGE double digit WIN for Trump"; "Less than 1/3 Republicans for Trump..."
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #651 on: February 20, 2016, 10:47:53 PM »

Ummm, something just happened. Richland County just flipped to Trump and Trump is now in 2nd place. I imagine this is an error in the results coming in, but who knows.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #652 on: February 20, 2016, 10:48:21 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/?action=click&contentCollection=Politics&region=TopBar&module=HomePage-Title&pgtype=article&WT.z_jog=1&hF=t&vS=undefined

Rubio slips back to a slight 3rd and loses Richland County according to NY Times.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #653 on: February 20, 2016, 10:49:15 PM »

Looks like they corrected the error.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #654 on: February 20, 2016, 10:49:50 PM »

Just looked. They did. Sorry Ted.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #655 on: February 20, 2016, 10:55:30 PM »

According to this, AP has Trump up by 3000 votes in SC-1:

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/701249394771886081
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #656 on: February 20, 2016, 11:36:29 PM »

Each of the six candidates won at least one precinct in SC. As far as I can tell, Bush only won one precinct, which would be the only precinct he won in the entire race. He got 8 votes in that precinct in Columbia County.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #657 on: February 20, 2016, 11:59:40 PM »

Since everyone just suspended their campaigns instead of fully ending them, they stay on whatever ballots they filed  to be on.

So why are they not included on CNN, the State Election Commission, or the AP link? I mean, CNN is understandable, but for New Hampshire, AP included every candidate, even the ones that dropped out.

This SC Primary FAQ says that if candidates withdraw before ballots are printed, they will be omitted from the ballot. In case of later withdrawals, they will publicize that fact (which they did), and not show the counts on election night. But the results will be reported.

It appears to be a procedure that is specific to South Carolina.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #658 on: February 21, 2016, 01:35:06 AM »

For SC-01, I'm getting Trump - 29.0%, Rubio - 26.5%, Cruz - 17.7%.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #659 on: February 21, 2016, 02:48:48 AM »

I swear I just heard Cruz say Charlie Condom....
Probably Charlie Condon, with an 'n' instead of an 'm', who was SC Attorney General in 1995-2003.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #660 on: February 21, 2016, 03:00:18 AM »

Each of the six candidates won at least one precinct in SC. As far as I can tell, Bush only won one precinct, which would be the only precinct he won in the entire race. He got 8 votes in that precinct in Columbia County.
Why would early votes from Georgia count? Or were you thinking of Richland County?

Since everyone just suspended their campaigns instead of fully ending them, they stay on whatever ballots they filed  to be on.

So why are they not included on CNN, the State Election Commission, or the AP link? I mean, CNN is understandable, but for New Hampshire, AP included every candidate, even the ones that dropped out.

This SC Primary FAQ says that if candidates withdraw before ballots are printed, they will be omitted from the ballot. In case of later withdrawals, they will publicize that fact (which they did), and not show the counts on election night. But the results will be reported.

It appears to be a procedure that is specific to South Carolina.
Which means that TRUMP's lead is likely to end up being less than 10% once they count those since he's just barely over that now.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #661 on: February 21, 2016, 03:11:46 AM »

Why would early votes from Georgia count? Or were you thinking of Richland County?

Yeah, that's what I meant.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #662 on: February 21, 2016, 11:31:40 AM »

What I got for SC-01:

Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #663 on: February 21, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »

You're just awesome Miles. I looked at the splits in Berkeley and Charleston, and saw that most of Beaufort is in SC-01, and realized that Trump had bagged it, and was thinking of posting that. But you of course do it, in your typically most excellent manner. Thanks!
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #664 on: February 21, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »

^ Thanks, Torie!
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #665 on: February 21, 2016, 01:04:20 PM »

It's only a question of how long it takes for Jeb Bush to decide that he will not win this election. He did badly in a New England state (IA), a new England state (NH), a Southern state (SC) and a far-western state (NV). He has no regional strengths that he can exploit. Ben Carson has become a political joke.

Kasich has a chance if he does extremely well in regions of America in which the Republicans are better educated (the Northeast, Midwest, and Pacific Coast regions), so I really can't rule him out yet. He might get more of a crossover vote in November -- but for him, just about everything must go right.   
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #666 on: February 21, 2016, 02:50:01 PM »

It's only a question of how long it takes for Jeb Bush to decide that he will not win this election. He did badly in a New England state (IA), a new England state (NH), a Southern state (SC) and a far-western state (NV). He has no regional strengths that he can exploit. Ben Carson has become a political joke.

Kasich has a chance if he does extremely well in regions of America in which the Republicans are better educated (the Northeast, Midwest, and Pacific Coast regions), so I really can't rule him out yet. He might get more of a crossover vote in November -- but for him, just about everything must go right.   

Jeb dropped out last night
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #667 on: February 21, 2016, 07:36:44 PM »

Precinct map (Trump blue, Bush orange, others standard), for those who don't like visiting my thread:

anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #668 on: February 21, 2016, 09:26:59 PM »

A day after the primary ended, one of my Dem acquaintances in South Carolina is missing all the robo-calls he got from campaigns.  My favorite one on his list is this one:

"No more robo-calls from Heidi Cruz saying that her husband never uses robo-calls."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies