Kasich consoles emotional supporter at town hall event in South Carolina
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 03:02:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Kasich consoles emotional supporter at town hall event in South Carolina
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kasich consoles emotional supporter at town hall event in South Carolina  (Read 2792 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2016, 08:00:50 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?404881-1/john-kasich-town-hall-meeting-clemson-south-carolina
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 08:04:50 PM »

Yeah just watched that.

I do value the positive message of Kasich's campaign and I do sincerely hope whoever wins tries to strike a more optimistic tone in the oval office.
ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »

FYI the interaction in question occurs around the 46 minute mark.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 08:35:00 PM »

FF
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 09:14:36 PM »

Wow. Poor bloke.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 09:46:24 PM »

This is why he's the only Republican I'd unironically support.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 10:08:11 PM »

I can relate to this guy, but I really think that there are healthier things to do than invest yourself in a presidential candidate of all things when you're depressed.  Hope he'll be okay after TRUMP destroys Kasich in SC.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2016, 10:20:21 PM »

Such a powerful moment.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »

Even though Kasich holds traditional conservative principles, I have a very good feeling he actually believes he's doing the correct thing and isn't faking his positions for political gain or money. He's a rarity in this day and age. A FF in my opinion. He actually cares about America.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 10:53:58 PM »

I can relate to this guy, but I really think that there are healthier things to do than invest yourself in a presidential candidate of all things when you're depressed.  Hope he'll be okay after TRUMP destroys Kasich in SC.

Thats a pretty heartless thing to say. If he finds solace and vitality from the Kasich campaign, who are you to tell him how to spend his time?
Broken System

Political Matrix
E: 0.26, S: 4.17

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2016, 11:21:57 PM »

Thats a pretty heartless thing to say. If he finds solace and vitality from the Kasich campaign, who are you to tell him how to spend his time?

Shh. He didn't mean to offend anyone. He just needs to fulfill his superiority complex by harboring his inner Trump. All of his posts are themed this way.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2016, 11:24:56 PM »

Would you people be reacting the same way if this was a TRUMP supporter?  Of course not.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2016, 11:27:30 PM »

I do value the positive message of Kasich's campaign and I do sincerely hope whoever wins tries to strike a more optimistic tone in the oval office.

I certainly hope Kasich does well on Saturday, and beyond. I definitely appreciate his positive message and executive experience, especially when looked at against the backdrop of the other GOP candidates.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2016, 11:28:15 PM »

Would you people be reacting the same way if this was a TRUMP supporter?  Of course not.

It doesn't matter. If someone finds happiness through supporting a candidate, I don't have a problem with that.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 05:38:29 AM »

I doubt we'll ever see someone give an emotional, tearful thanks to trump for running such a positive optimistic campaign. If they did I would wonder what planet they're living on.
Orthogonian Society Treasurer
CommanderClash
YaBB God
Bermuda

Political Matrix
E: 0.32, S: 4.78

P
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 05:54:55 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2016, 06:00:02 AM by clash »

I'd be lying if I said the guy isn't growing on me. Shame about his campaign platform.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 06:29:49 AM »

Yep; Kasich is a really fine man. I really feel sorry for him. He so much deserves the nomination. And if Bernie were the Dem candidate, I'd vote for Kasich.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 08:21:42 AM »

Kasich spent so much time on stuff like this during his interview, that he did not spend much time speaking about issues, and certainly he did not spend much if any time on substantive details. I don't think he used his time effectively.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 08:38:18 AM »

I'd be lying if I said the guy isn't growing on me. Shame about his campaign platform.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »

It doesn't matter. If someone finds happiness through supporting a candidate, I don't have a problem with that.

Not that I've seen the video, but I was an absolute mess, as low as I'd been in awhile after Trump lost Iowa. It's not healthy to become this attached.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2016, 09:19:10 AM »

Kasich is probably the exact type of person this Country could use to start healing certain areas. Very moderate on most issues and a very very good person with a ton of experience. Unfortunately republican primary voters will probably look past him and nominate a nut job like Ted Cruz.
PeteB
Canada

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »

Kasich spent so much time on stuff like this during his interview, that he did not spend much time speaking about issues, and certainly he did not spend much if any time on substantive details. I don't think he used his time effectively.

I would venture a differing opinion. The debates are a bunch of soundbites and hearing Kasich in more relaxed setting (whether an interview or a town hall) definitely gives him the edge (as NH proved). And this does not work for everyone! If you listened to Bush on the MSNBC town hall, he gave very good policy answers but I kept asking myself why exactly is he running. With Kasich, you never have that question!
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2016, 09:38:39 AM »

FF
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2016, 09:46:44 AM »

I would venture a differing opinion. The debates are a bunch of soundbites and hearing Kasich in more relaxed setting (whether an interview or a town hall) definitely gives him the edge (as NH proved). And this does not work for everyone! If you listened to Bush on the MSNBC town hall, he gave very good policy answers but I kept asking myself why exactly is he running. With Kasich, you never have that question!

I do give Jeb kudos for his answer on a health care system structure. It was the most thought out, and detailed, and seemingly sensible, of any that I have heard from any other candidate.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2016, 11:13:17 AM »

FF.

Put John in Rube's shoes and you've got a real JFK.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies