PPP: Clinton leads 10 of 12 Super Tuesday and beyond states
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:05:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  PPP: Clinton leads 10 of 12 Super Tuesday and beyond states
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: PPP: Clinton leads 10 of 12 Super Tuesday and beyond states  (Read 11327 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2016, 07:33:04 PM »

Michigan, for example, is not likely to be decided by ten points.
Yeah, most of the other Michigan polls have Clinton up by a lot more.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2016, 07:39:47 PM »

I don't know why everyone expects Sanders to win Colorado. It's a closed caucus; only registered Democrats can vote. In Iowa, Clinton crushed Sanders with Democrats by 17%. In NH it was basically a tie, and his entire margin of victory came from Independents.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2016, 07:42:13 PM »

Oklahoma Democrats were so racist towards Obama.

Edwards probably would've won Oklahoma if he had stayed in long enough.

I believe Clinton was leading early polls there vs. McCain.  I know she was ahead in AR, WV and KY.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2016, 07:43:41 PM »

I don't know why everyone expects Sanders to win Colorado. It's a closed caucus; only registered Democrats can vote. In Iowa, Clinton crushed Sanders with Democrats by 17%. In NH it was basically a tie, and his entire margin of victory came from Independents.

Hillary has always been quite unpopular among western whites, and Obama crushed her in 2008's caucus.
RBH

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2016, 07:47:54 PM »

(checks 04 Colorado results)

Hey, Dennis Kucinich got 13 delegates out of Colorado in 04 vs Kerry after everybody else dropped out.

Registered Colorado Democrats don't need much help from Unaffiliated voters to bring out a bunch of caucus votes for the more liberal candidate. I think Sanders is gonna do pretty well in areas around Aspen/Boulder/Denver and if he doesn't win Colorado, then that'd be a shocker.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #105 on: February 17, 2016, 08:00:53 PM »

FINALLY SOME SUPER TUESDAY POLLS

FINALLYYYYYYYYYY

But yeah, really great numbers for Sanders. If he's leading in Massachusetts, then he's pretty much safe in Minnesota and Colorado. Those three, added to Vermont (heh) and possibly Oklahoma, give him a healthy five of the Super Tuesday states.

Very exciting.

It's not the number of states won, it's the number of delegates.  Close wins in Massachusetts and Oklahoma would only net Bernie a handful of delegates. 20%+ wins by Hillary in Georgia, Texas, Tennessee etc on the other hand would net Hillary a  a whole bunch of delegates.  If this polling is accurate Hillary will have a nearly insurmountably lead come March 15.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: February 17, 2016, 08:02:47 PM »

(checks 04 Colorado results)

Hey, Dennis Kucinich got 13 delegates out of Colorado in 04 vs Kerry after everybody else dropped out.

Registered Colorado Democrats don't need much help from Unaffiliated voters to bring out a bunch of caucus votes for the more liberal candidate. I think Sanders is gonna do pretty well in areas around Aspen/Boulder/Denver and if he doesn't win Colorado, then that'd be a shocker.

Not sure about Colorado but most caucus states offer same night registration.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #107 on: February 17, 2016, 08:17:03 PM »

Not sure about Colorado but most caucus states offer same night registration.
Colorado does not. It is too late to change your registration.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #108 on: February 17, 2016, 08:21:00 PM »

FINALLYYYYYYYYYY

But yeah, really great numbers for Sanders. If he's leading in Massachusetts, then he's pretty much safe in Minnesota and Colorado. Those three, added to Vermont (heh) and possibly Oklahoma, give him a healthy five of the Super Tuesday states.

Very exciting.

It's not the number of states won, it's the number of delegates.  Close wins in Massachusetts and Oklahoma would only net Bernie a handful of delegates. 20%+ wins by Hillary in Georgia, Texas, Tennessee etc on the other hand would net Hillary a  a whole bunch of delegates.  If this polling is accurate Hillary will have a nearly insurmountably lead come March 15.

LOL Sanders doesn't have a chance of winning a majority of the delegates. I just want him to have a good chunk of the map when we look back at this election in ten years.
RBH

« Reply #109 on: February 17, 2016, 08:24:38 PM »

It's gonna be hard to top the 2008 maps for "primary maps that tell us things about America's regions"...

but there's some potential to get unique county splits for Clinton vs Sanders. Maybe sorta like Gary Hart vs Mondale splits?
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 18, 2016, 12:00:36 AM »

Stomping in Vermont, leading in Massachusetts, and only behind by 2 in Oklahoma? That's pretty damn good. Add on Minnesota and Colorado, which are thought to be favorable for Sanders (especially Minnesota) and that's great for an insurgent candidate with no chance of winning. That would be enough to carry him to Nebraska, Kansas, and Maine (I don't see him winning Louisiana) on the 5th and 6th.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #111 on: February 18, 2016, 01:12:21 AM »

FINALLYYYYYYYYYY

Very exciting.

LOL Sanders doesn't have a chance of winning a majority of the delegates. I just want him to have a good chunk of the map when we look back at this election in ten years.

Super Tuesday is one of Clinton's best stretches, Sanders will do well in the end stages in California n stuff and there is a bunch of Western states he will do well. After this he will likely win 3/4 bar Jindal's state & have a string of victories in end march-april beginning.

Even if Sanders looses by 20 odd points, he will gets a considerable chunk of delegates & 5 out of 11  states is very good especially considering Mass, Minn, etc which have a big chunk of delegates. And it is very likely that he could make up more votes & this being PPP, most of his losses could likely by around 15% odd.

I am thrilled if this is actual result
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #112 on: February 18, 2016, 01:46:30 AM »

Of course they didn't poll CO, MN, AK. States which Bernie will easily win.

Bernie also has the chance to win MA, OK and VA. Together with VT.
Panhandle Progressive
politicaljunkie
United States

« Reply #113 on: February 18, 2016, 01:48:40 AM »

Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2016, 01:50:54 AM »

#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2016, 02:03:14 AM »

Clinton is going to utterly DEMOLISH Sanders in terms of delegates in less than two weeks, his gunna be good.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2016, 02:07:34 AM »

Unless you're trying to copy Lief's style Tender this was explained a few pages ago: these states weren't polled because they were CAUCUS states.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #117 on: February 18, 2016, 04:43:42 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2016, 04:48:23 AM by Ljube »

I don't buy anything coming from CPP (Clinton Policy Polling). They are completely invested in the Clinton cause.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2016, 04:52:14 AM »

I don't buy anything coming from CPP (Clinton Policy Polling). They are completely invested in the Clinton cause.

As if we cared about your opinion.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #119 on: February 18, 2016, 06:32:40 AM »

The word conspiracy is rather overused by Hillary supporters. This poll was paid for by a Hillary supporter, for crying out loud. Sometimes I wish there was a campaign running against you guys.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2016, 06:36:54 AM »

Keep trying... I fully expect Sanders to win pretty much all the March caucuses.

It's funny you say that... this campaign really is bringing out the worst in a lot of people (on both sides), myself included.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2016, 07:45:24 AM »

What a dumb statement ? What are you - the owner of this forum who will decide what everyone will care about or not?

Dumb statement dummy!
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:42 AM »

What a dumb statement ? What are you - the owner of this forum who will decide what everyone will care about or not?

Dumb statement dummy!

How old are you exactly?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2016, 08:11:25 AM »

I know it's his home state but that 89-10 lead is still very impressive for Sanders in Vermont
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2016, 11:07:15 AM »

Wow, this was a total hackfest. Jesus.

An issue for Sanders with the primary calendar is that if Clinton hits a majority of delegates with all her supers and an early boost from the South she might get coronated well in advance.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies