Trump Floating Third Party Run Again
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 06:19:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Floating Third Party Run Again
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Trump Floating Third Party Run Again  (Read 1719 times)
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2016, 04:54:19 PM »

This is such weird signaling from a clear national frontrunner in a primary.

It doesn't seem that way to me. 

It's very clear that the audience at the last debate was stacked. As was pointed out in a prior comment, this is Trump putting the RNC on notice.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 05:15:23 PM »

That means he knows he was damaged badly Saturday.

Or rather that the crowd was filled with a greater percentage of establishment types than usual.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 08:21:59 PM »

Unless the Trump campaign started internal polling recently, I doubt Trump knows that as a fact.  As far as I know, the Trump campaign hasn't hired an internal pollster and isn't polling anywhere.
He might have information on internal polls to at least from what I have heard from friends ( I know I sound a lot like Marty lol) show the race within the margin of error

He's hitting Cruz just about as hard as he was in Iowa.  He knows this race is loseable.  I bet his internal polls show a very close race.

Trump doesn't have a pollster.

Anyways, odds are he's getting the republican nomination. Don't know why he's even thinking about this.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 08:24:35 PM »

Unless the Trump campaign started internal polling recently, I doubt Trump knows that as a fact.  As far as I know, the Trump campaign hasn't hired an internal pollster and isn't polling anywhere.
He might have information on internal polls to at least from what I have heard from friends ( I know I sound a lot like Marty lol) show the race within the margin of error

He's hitting Cruz just about as hard as he was in Iowa.  He knows this race is loseable.  I bet his internal polls show a very close race.

Anyways, odds are he's getting the republican nomination. Don't know why he's even thinking about this.
This is because Trump probably doesn't even want to become president. He's just an attention whore.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 08:30:04 PM »

It's very clear that the audience at the last debate was stacked.

Yes it was. At both party's last debates. The Hillary hacks on Thursday were disgusting.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 10:25:50 PM »

Do it Trump! Follow through on your threat! Only p*ssies don't follow through on their threats!

It's very clear that the audience at the last debate was stacked.

Yes it was. At both party's last debates. The Hillary hacks on Thursday were disgusting.

Don't blame Hillary supporters when the Sanderistas were too busy getting high at a drum circle to come out to the debate.

This is because Trump probably doesn't even want to become president. He's just an attention whore.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »

Something must be up if he's threatening to do this again. I wonder what's changed.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2016, 01:44:39 AM »

He wouldn't win any states in this scenario and would only get 10%-20% of the vote.
Pandaguineapig
United States

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 01:45:38 AM »

Something must be up if he's threatening to do this again. I wonder what's changed.
He feels that his lead must be slipping
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 05:40:18 PM »

He could always run as a write-in candidate. He would get at least 35%-40% of the vote in that scenario.
He'd get 0 votes as a write-in in South Carolina.  No write-ins allowed for President, or even Elector. Might be able to make it onto the ballot as a petition candidate or get one of our minor third parties to support him.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2016, 07:49:49 PM »

Is Trump a Democratic mole in the GOP?  He's been doing a fantastic job at it if he is.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies