Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 02:46:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone IV - Hungover
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77
Author Topic: Update for Everyone IV - Hungover  (Read 118707 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1850 on: January 06, 2017, 12:16:33 PM »
« edited: January 06, 2017, 12:32:31 PM by Winds for the spices and stars for the gold »

So I’ve been without my computer–which has cracked moulding, a barely-visible screen, particulate matter getting in unimpeded, basically RIP IN PEACE all around–for three days now. I’ve got a maximum of two hours today at a computer at the public library. I'm only planning to use an hour.

I’ll have a new computer of my own I hope to God some time soon.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1851 on: January 06, 2017, 12:26:51 PM »

So I’ve been without my computer–which has cracked moulding, a barely-visible screen, particulate matter getting in unimpeded, basically RIP IN PEACE ALL AROUND–for three days now. I’ve got a maximum of two hours today at a computer at the public library. I'm only planning to use an hour.

When Nathan? Damn it, when?

Is this legitimately a hardware issue (as in, if laptop, did you drop it or something?), or could it be software related?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1852 on: January 06, 2017, 12:31:16 PM »

So I’ve been without my computer–which has cracked moulding, a barely-visible screen, particulate matter getting in unimpeded, basically RIP IN PEACE ALL AROUND–for three days now. I’ve got a maximum of two hours today at a computer at the public library. I'm only planning to use an hour.

When Nathan? Damn it, when?

Is this legitimately a hardware issue (as in, if laptop, did you drop it or something?), or could it be software related?

It's definitely hardware.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1853 on: January 06, 2017, 12:59:51 PM »

Gotta skedaddle. I'll be back on for a bit tomorrow or Sunday if possible.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1854 on: January 06, 2017, 01:02:34 PM »

Ugh, that sucks. Do you know if your hard drive is salvageable, at least?
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1855 on: January 06, 2017, 05:48:03 PM »
« Edited: January 06, 2017, 05:51:21 PM by Senator Scott »

I told my mom the other night about my intention to remain single and celibate for the rest of my life.  Her first response?  That I need hormone therapy because it's "not normal" and "guys at your age think about sex all the time!"

Oh yeah, and that I'm "selfish" apparently.

fml
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1856 on: January 06, 2017, 06:35:35 PM »

I told my mom the other night about my intention to remain single and celibate for the rest of my life.  Her first response?  That I need hormone therapy because it's "not normal" and "guys at your age think about sex all the time!"

fml

I'd take that selfish thing as a compliment.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1857 on: January 06, 2017, 08:10:01 PM »

fml

How so?

I mean, I'm not even sure what's exactly selfish about not wanting to put my burdens on another person my entire life, which is as I explained part of my reasoning.  I think that maybe she was expecting to have grandchildren one day but since I'm her only child she knows that's probably out of the question at this point.  Maybe that's not what she's thinking, but if it is, then it kind of makes that accusation of 'selfishness' a little ironic...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1858 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:30 PM »

This is the second winter we have spotted a pair of foxes in our neighborhood. Last time, we saw a fox on between three and five separate occasions and suspected there were multiple. This time, we have spotted two together in a manner leading us to expect baby foxes in the spring.

After some research, it seems foxes do not live in packs normally. Is it normal for foxes to work in pairs during the winter?
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1859 on: January 06, 2017, 08:55:05 PM »

fml

How so?

I mean, I'm not even sure what's exactly selfish about not wanting to put my burdens on another person my entire life, which is as I explained part of my reasoning.  I think that maybe she was expecting to have grandchildren one day but since I'm her only child she knows that's probably out of the question at this point.  Maybe that's not what she's thinking, but if it is, then it kind of makes that accusation of 'selfishness' a little ironic...

The way you take it as a compliment is a little inappropriate.

Anyway, that probably is what she's thinking. Also, you make decisions for you, and no one else can do that. If you feel you can become a better person by doing this, then you should. I personally hold the belief that people aren't built to live life alone, and should have someone to help them through, and to help them through.

My last bit of knowledge I can give you is this: problems are what relationships are for. Whether they be yours, hers, or come up later down the line. Love isn't for the good times, and isn't there so you can feel good. It's there so you can be there when times get tough, and you have someone there for you when times get tough.

Of course, not wanting to way anyone down with your problems is a noble pursuit, but you are underselling you. Here's my favorite quote from Dr Seuss: "you are you, and that's truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

My friend, you are misunderstanding your worth, that's the root of your problem. Not that your a good person, and you are considering your willing to put aside your happiness for someone you might not know, but that you don't know that there won't be another Ascott who ever lives. You tell yourself that your not worth the effort, but that simply isn't true.

You are worth it all.
PresidentSamTilden

« Reply #1860 on: January 06, 2017, 09:08:11 PM »

So we had snow in the DE/SEPA area last night. Around 3 inches, a nice little cover, nice to look at but not a detriment to the commute. Win/win.

I work at a school, and I get a call in the morning that we have a two hour delay today. I'm like, sweet, so I sleep in a bit. I get there 2 hours later...and get told that I have to be there for 8 hours, or else they dock my vacation time. Now I'm just an aide in the classroom, so there's nothing for me to do after the school is out and I do my regular daily stuff, which takes like a half hour. So I'm supposed to stay late, and do nothing, for 2 hours, on a Friday? Not because of something I did, but because of the damn weather?

Idk I was pretty indignant about that, lol
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1861 on: January 06, 2017, 10:22:11 PM »

fml

How so?

The way you take it as a compliment is a little inappropriate.

Anyway, that probably is what she's thinking. Also, you make decisions for you, and no one else can do that. If you feel you can become a better person by doing this, then you should. I personally hold the belief that people aren't built to live life alone, and should have someone to help them through, and to help them through.

My last bit of knowledge I can give you is this: problems are what relationships are for. Whether they be yours, hers, or come up later down the line. Love isn't for the good times, and isn't there so you can feel good. It's there so you can be there when times get tough, and you have someone there for you when times get tough.

Of course, not wanting to way anyone down with your problems is a noble pursuit, but you are underselling you. Here's my favorite quote from Dr Seuss: "you are you, and that's truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you."

My friend, you are misunderstanding your worth, that's the root of your problem. Not that your a good person, and you are considering your willing to put aside your happiness for someone you might not know, but that you don't know that there won't be another Ascott who ever lives. You tell yourself that your not worth the effort, but that simply isn't true.

You are worth it all.

I didn't take it as a compliment... not sure what you mean there. Huh

But anyway, those are very kind words from you, Enduro.

And I don't disagree that humans are naturally meant to be alongside others in life.  I don't want to be a hermit, per se.  I'll always have a church.  I'll always have friends.  And I genuinely want to make the world a nicer place for people, which is why I'm considering volunteer work in the Peace Corps or another humanitarian organization when I get my physical health in order and finish my education.  (There also was a period of my life when I wanted to be ordained before realizing that it wasn't my calling.) 

But you know it's quite possible to have a meaningful relationship with someone that doesn't involve intimacy or sex or sacred vows that most people eventually walk out on when the relationship stops working the way they want it to.  I would never want to risk being a part of that, and the relationships I build with the people in my own community are all I really need.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #1862 on: January 06, 2017, 11:03:12 PM »

That was an interesting video!  Thanks for sharing it.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1863 on: January 07, 2017, 12:07:28 AM »

This is the second winter we have spotted a pair of foxes in our neighborhood. Last time, we saw a fox on between three and five separate occasions and suspected there were multiple. This time, we have spotted two together in a manner leading us to expect baby foxes in the spring.

After some research, it seems foxes do not live in packs normally. Is it normal for foxes to work in pairs during the winter?

Foxes typically form mating pairs, and sometimes the young will stay around and help out with raising their parents' next litter if there isn't an opportunity for them to strike out and get a territory of their own.  So basically they form nuclear families rather than prides or packs.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1864 on: January 07, 2017, 07:42:12 AM »

fml

Ew. That's a bad person.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1865 on: January 07, 2017, 04:26:03 PM »

Foxes typically form mating pairs, and sometimes the young will stay around and help out with raising their parents' next litter if there isn't an opportunity for them to strike out and get a territory of their own.  So basically they form nuclear families rather than prides or packs.

Interesting. I know in some canine packs the males stay in the pack and the females leave.

Is it possible for a pair of foxes to stay together for life? I haven't heard of such a thing before, as usually foxes are considered solitary animals according to what I remember from Animal Planet. Wikipedia and other websites seem to imply that they don't usually live in pairs.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1866 on: January 08, 2017, 08:34:33 AM »

Is it possible for a pair of foxes to stay together for life?
My understanding is that it is possible, but that it's not necessary. Basically, between litters, they consider their options. But I'm not a biologist, so I may be wrong.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1867 on: January 08, 2017, 04:19:41 PM »

Its going to be fun to have to social interaction tomorrow.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1868 on: January 08, 2017, 05:21:01 PM »

Just realized it's been 10 years since I started smoking.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1869 on: January 08, 2017, 05:22:57 PM »

Ugh. Kal, you gotta stop that man.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1870 on: January 08, 2017, 05:34:02 PM »

Ugh. Kal, you gotta stop that man.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1871 on: January 08, 2017, 05:34:14 PM »

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1872 on: January 08, 2017, 05:37:13 PM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1873 on: January 08, 2017, 05:43:43 PM »

Its going to be fun to have to social interaction tomorrow.

ew
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1874 on: January 08, 2017, 05:48:13 PM »

Been 13 for me. Smiley Cut back, but never quit!
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies