Dave Freudenthal (D-WY)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:02:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Dave Freudenthal (D-WY)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave Freudenthal (D-WY)  (Read 1771 times)
Cowboy
Rookie

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2005, 10:16:37 PM »

Does he have any future? I mean, he certainly isnt a liberal...but he's liked in wyo. Even where I live people can stand him although he lost something about 65 to 33.
Cashcow

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 10:19:11 PM »

I don't know much about him. Would he win in Wyoming if he somehow ended up running for President?
Cowboy
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 10:23:35 PM »

I don't know much about him. Would he win in Wyoming if he somehow ended up running for President?

Hard to say...his approval i saw on the news the other day, ~66% to 20%. But there's a lot of republicans in the state who just won't vote for him 'cause he's a dem, even if they approve. It depends on in 2006 how well he does for that answer. If he's far under his approves he'd never win it. If it's close it could be quite a contest... Smiley
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 01:31:41 PM »

Unfortunately, I think Freudenthal is too conservative to ever be the national nominee. Maybe he could get the VP slot, though.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2005, 01:44:51 PM »

Even if he was the nominee, there wouldn't be much point to his candidacy from a strategic point of view.  By running a moderately conservative Dem, they risk losing a heck of a lot of support from the liberal left to a third party.  His chances in the moderate states are fair, but could easily be outdone by a more effective GOP opponent.  His chances in his own region are moderate-to-slim, and even so, who cares about winning 3 or 4 EVs?
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 01:51:18 PM »

Al Gore!

ZING!
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 02:09:17 PM »

Does he have any future? I mean, he certainly isnt a liberal...but he's liked in wyo. Even where I live people can stand him although he lost something about 65 to 33.
Er...I thought he won?
Oh, I get it. In your region. Whereabouts do you live? How did that area vote in the Presidentials?
Cashcow

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2005, 02:19:03 PM »

Er...I thought he won?
Oh, I get it. In your region. Whereabouts do you live? How did that area vote in the Presidentials?

He lives near Jackson in Teton County, which gave Freudenthal 56% of the vote...
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2005, 02:22:48 PM »

He lives near Jackson in Teton County, which gave Freudenthal 56% of the vote...

His profile says he lives in Ten Sleep, which is in Washakie County. It voted 78 percent for Bush, and it's gone Republican in every presidential election since 1936.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 02:36:08 PM »

The one south of Jackson?
Cashcow

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 02:51:33 PM »

His profile says he lives in Ten Sleep, which is in Washakie County. It voted 78 percent for Bush, and it's gone Republican in every presidential election since 1936.

He told me otherwise before. I guess he moved or something.
skybridge
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 02:55:00 PM »

Hard to say...his approval i saw on the news the other day, ~66% to 20%. But there's a lot of republicans in the state who just won't vote for him 'cause he's a dem, even if they approve. It depends on in 2006 how well he does for that answer. If he's far under his approves he'd never win it. If it's close it could be quite a contest... Smiley

Those defences wont convince anyone to run him for president.
Cowboy
Rookie

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2005, 03:25:27 PM »

My family/home/everything is in wilson in teton county, but I have family in ten sleep and work here. It is a very conservative area especially relatively to wilson.

Im very proud to say that wilson gave freudenthal 63% of the vote Smiley
Rococo4

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 12:34:21 PM »

Yeah good story he won in 2002.  No chance on the national scene.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies