Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:10:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Announcement  (Read 1619 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2005, 03:33:32 PM »

Unfortunately i have come to realize that in order to get elected to the senate anymore one has to be willing to stoop to anything in order to win.
When i entered this race it was with the apparently naive notion that good intentions and respect for my opponent were enough.
A few people have turned this forum into a bitter win at any cost cesspool.
Whoever posts the most harmful malicious attacks wins.
Look around and ask yourselves "where have all the great posters gone"?
Well a good percentage of them left precisely because of all the negativity around here.
And yes i'm dropping out of the race,if i have to stoop to the level of some of the partisan hacks attacking me i would rather not.
I will thank SuperSoulty and sarnstrom for being the only ones willing to support me 100%
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 03:40:02 PM »

YOU'RE WRONG Tongue
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 03:42:55 PM »

lol
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 03:43:17 PM »

Hah, people ask you valid questions and you act like a jackass. What do you expect?
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 03:46:42 PM »

Hah, people ask you valid questions and you act like a jackass. What do you expect?
Thanx for proving my point asshole
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 04:07:55 PM »

Dropping out of the race means they've won.  Plus, the ones who've 'maliciously attacked' you aren't even from this region, and therefore they matter very little.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 04:09:56 PM »

Dropping out of the race means they've won.  Plus, the ones who've 'maliciously attacked' you aren't even from this region, and therefore they matter very little.
Doesn't matter, if you gp on Aim i'll explain
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 04:10:27 PM »

With all due respect Texasgurl, I don't think you handle dissent from your positions very well.  It seems to me that you're one of the first ones to fly off the handle and launch a personal attack upon someone who just disagrees with you.  Perhaps before asking "where have all the great posters gone?" you should look in the mirror.

I disagree with your assertion that in order to be elected to the senate you have to "stoop to anything in order to win."  Take a look at my senate race against True Dem.  We're practically ideological opposites but I don't, and I believe True Dem is with me on this one, intend on launching any personal attacks.  We're content with voicing our opinions and allowing the voters to decide who's vision they prefer.

In the future, don't take everything so personally.  Good luck to you in your future endevors.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 04:12:57 PM »

I'm sorry that there was not more I could have done, but assholes will be assholes.  Anyway, good luck with the baby.

Anyway, I would encourage the rest of you to back off, and stop acting so childish, but since I have done the so many times before with little result, it seems hardly worth it.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2005, 04:14:43 PM »

With all due respect Texasgurl, I don't think you handle dissent from your positions very well.  It seems to me that you're one of the first ones to fly off the handle and launch a personal attack upon someone who just disagrees with you.  Perhaps before asking "where have all the great posters gone?" you should look in the mirror.

I disagree with your assertion that in order to be elected to the senate you have to "stoop to anything in order to win."  Take a look at my senate race against True Dem.  We're practically ideological opposites but I don't, and I believe True Dem is with me on this one, intend on launching any personal attacks.  We're content with voicing our opinions and allowing the voters to decide who's vision they prefer.

In the future, don't take everything so personally.  Good luck to you in your future endevors.

Sums it up for me.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2005, 04:20:17 PM »

Sums it up for me.

Did you ever stop to think that it was the questions that you were asking that were tasteless and needless?

If someone asked me something like "How is your Catholicism going to affect your presidency" I would probably not answer either.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 04:44:28 PM »

Sums it up for me.

Did you ever stop to think that it was the questions that you were asking that were tasteless and needless?

If someone asked me something like "How is your Catholicism going to affect your presidency" I would probably not answer either.

I was refering to the comment that you don't have to stoop low to win...
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 04:47:14 PM »

Sums it up for me.

Oh, I see.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2005, 04:48:25 PM »

Sums it up for me.

Oh, I see.

I apologize for my lack of clarity. I probably should've just quoted that section.
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2005, 04:50:12 PM »

I'm sorry to see you leave the race, Texasgurl. I wish you the best of luck in any future fantasy political endeavors you may choose to undertake.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2005, 04:54:46 PM »

This is too bad.

Hopefully the left can get another candidate here, it's too liberal a district to give up.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2005, 05:41:12 PM »

Quite True. 
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2005, 07:05:35 PM »

Hopefully the left can get another candidate here, it's too liberal a district to give up.
I believe Kodratos (FL-IL) is still in the race, but I haven't seen him around here lately.

Let's see him campaign before we call him a real candidate.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2005, 07:08:05 PM »

All I have to say is Wow. Even though we don't really agree on anything I didn't want you to drop out. I'm sorry to see people attacking you as a person too.

Nevertheless I hope you see you suceed in fantasy politics in the future. Good luck and God bless.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2005, 08:02:31 PM »

I'm sorry to see you leave the race, Texasgurl. I wish you the best of luck in any future fantasy political endeavors you may choose to undertake.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2005, 08:14:41 PM »

It's pretty sad that someone talking behind other's backs leads up to this.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2005, 09:05:02 PM »

hey, I respected you as an opponent I was running against.  I disagree with your ultra-liberal veiws, but I never saw a need to stoop to criticizing you.  Maybe try again in a few months when the posting constituency is different.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2005, 09:06:45 PM »

by the way, do you know, is Kodratos still running, haven't heard from him in a while.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2005, 09:11:56 PM »

Well, I'm really sorry to hear this Texasgurl.  That's all I can say.  Sad
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2005, 11:23:19 AM »

With all due respect Texasgurl, I don't think you handle dissent from your positions very well.  It seems to me that you're one of the first ones to fly off the handle and launch a personal attack upon someone who just disagrees with you.  Perhaps before asking "where have all the great posters gone?" you should look in the mirror.
Quite True. 

I thought you'd have something to say about this.  Except you would have taken out the "with all due respect" part, knowing you.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies