Hillary rumors
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:30:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Hillary rumors
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hillary rumors  (Read 1355 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2005, 12:51:08 AM »
« edited: May 31, 2005, 02:16:32 AM by jfern »

Some poll came out that a majority would vote for her, but she has pissed off a lot of liberals, and people might get sick of having over 20 years of President Bush or Clinton in a row. Maybe give her the VP slot in a comprimise?
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 01:39:25 AM »

She wouldn't take it.
briancw
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 02:56:33 AM »

I don't think she would take it either. I don't think she is a good candidate at all. We already tried a Northeast liberal last November.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 03:05:18 AM »

Hillary would overshadow the Presidential nominee in almost any imaginable case. It would be a bad idea, and I think even Hillary knows that.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 07:37:36 AM »

no
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2005, 11:36:15 AM »

No...if people want to have the first woman VP, why not go with Sen. Blanche Lincoln (she seems to be voting more liberal these days, so she could help us keep some sheep that might stray).  Still, her down-to-earth image, non-whoring of the media (like the woman in question), and distance from Hollywood would be welcomed in the public arena.  Sometime I wonder if Hillary knows she's unelectable (both spots on the tkt.).
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2005, 03:26:47 PM »

Sometime I wonder if Hillary knows she's unelectable (both spots on the tkt.).

Did you see the poll that Keystone Phil posted the other day?  A majority said they would consider voting for her for President.  She may not be as unelectable as most of us have been assuming.  I've always maintained that she could defeat a weak Republican candidate (cough... Frist... cough).
tarheel-leftist85
krustytheklown
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2005, 04:25:26 PM »

I think I saw it on Thursday.  But still...
She's a mediocre politician.  She does these little token symbolic things with Newt Gingrich that'll end up getting 100 votes in the Senate anyway.  She's a media whore that loves to deny that she's not thinking about her future plans.  And I'm sure more than 53% of the electorate at least considered John Kerry, Michael Dukakis, and Walter Mondale at one pt. or another.  How could she carry Florida?  If we are to be a viable party, we should be carring at least 2 South Atlantic states (VA, NC, SC, GA, FL), most MW states, CO, and NM.  Ohio is not going to suffice, and the rate at which western states are gaining EV's (small states must jump a tremendous % before they gain EVs, as NV will only gain 2 by 2030) is not going to be sufficient to compensate for the mass exodus of ppl. from the NE and MW.  My party better not nominate her.  She'll be labelled "flip-flopper" b/c she indeed "stood by her man."  She'll be labelled a dirty commie b/c of "Hillary Care" (one of my first few political memories, besides the election of Bill Clinton).  She has no significant legislation (maybe disassembling our military or free abortions for 8-yrs. olds to appease her Greenwich Village base is in her future).  To tell you the truth, I'm quite disgusted at both Clintons.  They're too good for Arkansas and would rather have cocktails with the Bushes in New England.  I'll take good 'ol Jimmy Carter and Harry Truman any day Smiley.
Ugggh!  It really irks me Sad
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »

No she wouldn't want it. If she took it and they lost, she could run again in 2012, but if she won she'd have to be VP until 2016 and she won't run, she'll be too old.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 12:54:09 PM »

No she wouldn't want it. If she took it and they lost, she could run again in 2012, but if she won she'd have to be VP until 2016 and she won't run, she'll be too old.

She'd be younger than Reagan in 1980, and women live longer.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 01:36:12 PM »

there'd be no way she'd ever take the back seat to anyone.
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 10:26:09 AM »

For Hillary, it's all or nothing.  Fortunately, she will most likely end up with nothing.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies