Hillary's Mean Scream 2016
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 11:57:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary's Mean Scream 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Hillary's Mean Scream 2016  (Read 820 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 30, 2016, 05:05:09 PM »

Doubling down on her "No We Can't" platform, Clinton comes out hard against healthcare reform right before Iowa. Will this affect her performance?

Hillary's Dean Scream?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 05:06:21 PM »

"No, we can't!" to the 32 million uninsured Americans.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:07:22 PM »

I like how she increasingly is transforming into her 2008 persona (the one the campaign was running away from in 2015). The finger jabbing, the yelling, the "don't daydream" commentary and everything that came with it: what was the point of taking on the opposite persona if you're just going to do a 180 right before voting starts?
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:08:24 PM »

I don't understand how anyone can support Hillary.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »

It isn't great, but I wouldn't say that it's Dean Scream levels of aw(esome)ful.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 05:10:03 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 05:11:39 PM by Virginia »

No. I really wish people/the media would stop fixating on little things like the "dean scream", or this. This is nothing. It means absolutely nothing at all (and isn't like Dean's thing either). Seriously, imagine all the times any one of us has done something similar. Imagine how it feels for everything you fight for to be reduced to nothing compared to one silly moment you had on camera.

Everyone wonders why Clinton acts like a robot, but then we see stuff like this and then it makes sense. People take anything non-robotic like of hers and try and spin it as her being crazy. #@*(#@ sakes.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2016, 05:11:40 PM »

No. I really wish people/the media would stop fixating on little things like the "dean scream", or this. This is nothing. It means absolutely nothing at all (and isn't like Dean's thing either). Seriously, imagine all the times any one of us has done something similar.

Everyone wonders why Clinton acts like a robot, but then we see stuff like this and then it makes sense. People take anything non-robotic like of hers and try and spin it as her being crazy or whatever. #@*(#@ sakes.
I can say from the deepest part of my heart that I have never said that getting almost 100 million Americans better healthcare, doesn't matter.
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 05:11:48 PM »

No politician in history has been treated half as unfairly as Hillary Rodham Clinton.
It's a wonder she's even managed to keep her sanity.  Yet people criticize her for calculating her persona, being hostile to the press, and going to extreme (perhaps even unethical) lengths to maintain her privacy.
RR
TheodoreDewey
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.29, S: 4.52

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 05:12:09 PM »

Hillary playing to the Center will ensure low Dem turnout and, subsequently, a TRUMP win in November.
Trapsy

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »

Why do you guys cry about stupid sh*t like this?
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 05:14:25 PM »

Hillary playing to the Center will ensure low Dem turnout and, subsequently, a TRUMP win in November.
Indeed.. since those in the middle will be vulnerable to Trump's populist authoritarian and authoritative message.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2016, 05:15:02 PM »

I can say from the deepest part of my heart that I have never said that getting almost 100 million Americans better healthcare, doesn't matter.

Not really what I was talking about, but regardless, she is mostly right, at least for the time being. Singlepayer will not happen any time soon and Sanders going on and on about it is probably more harmful than anything. He's setting people up for disappointment.

No sizable number of Democrats in Congress will push for such major reform after getting completely blown out only years prior after passing healthcare reform.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2016, 05:15:33 PM »

It isn't great, but I wouldn't say that it's Dean Scream levels of aw(esome)ful.

People could barely hear Dean when he made "the scream". It was just that the TV feed had noise cancelation from the noisy crowd.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »

Everyone wonders why Clinton acts like a robot, but then we see stuff like this and then it makes sense. People take anything non-robotic like of hers and try and spin it as her being crazy. #@*(#@ sakes.

Yes, the press lives by the narrative of "whatever Hillary Clinton does, she should've done the opposite."

First they say she shouldn't have let Bernie go months and months without scrutiny because it allowed him to build momentum. Then when she starts going after him, they say it makes her look desperate, flailing, shrill, negative, etc. Roll Eyes
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2016, 05:16:01 PM »

What is this thread?

This is just desperate baloney.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2016, 05:19:51 PM »

Not really what I was talking about, but regardless, she is mostly right, at least for the time being. Singlepayer will not happen any time soon and Sanders going on and on about it is probably more harmful than anything. He's setting people up for disappointment.
Well she is acting like he will DESTROY ACA his first day in office. If he had the chance he would definitely buff up ACA and push for better reforms for it, but his real goal is Medicare4All. My point was that she is basically saying that he will ignore needy people by pushing for M4A. I think he will go for the best he can get with always a higher goal, not destroying a bill he pushed for in the first place.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 05:20:14 PM »

Somebody needs to add little *pings* every time she jabs the air, or maybe balloons being popped? A black and white filter might also go well with this.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2016, 05:22:14 PM »
« Edited: January 30, 2016, 05:24:12 PM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

Well she is acting like he will DESTROY ACA his first day in office. If he had the chance he would definitely buff up ACA and push for better reforms for it, but his real goal is Medicare4All. My point was that she is basically saying that he will ignore needy people by pushing for M4A. I think he will go for the best he can get with always a higher goal, not destroying a bill he pushed for in the first place.

His plan isn't Medicare for All, but I imagine he'd go for that or some other universal healthcare plan pretty fast if was clear it was more viable than his plan.

One thing that should be pointed out about the ACA, is that it includes funding for community healthcenters that cover over 10 million people, thanks to Bernie. So he certainly worked hard to make ACA a better bill.
Wells
MikeWells12
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2016, 05:27:13 PM »

I don't find this very important. Will it even hurt her in Iowa?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2016, 05:27:18 PM »

True, but thus is Clintonian politics.

And @President Griffin, lol! The thought of that made me laugh hard. Someone has to do that!
Trapsy

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »

Well he should actually say that instead of being a fuccboii about it. "We will work to improve and build on ACA but my future goal for health care is single payer" Instead he comes up with a weak thinned policy proposal. he will continue to be hit on this until he clarifies clearly vs crying about Europe or the health insurance lobby or blah blah blah Revolution.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2016, 05:33:55 PM »

Well he should actually say that instead of being a fuccboii about it. "We will work to improve and build on ACA but my future goal for health care is single payer" Instead he comes up with a weak thinned policy proposal. he will continue to be hit on this until he clarifies clearly vs crying about Europe or the health insurance lobby or blah blah blah Revolution.
Disagree with your wording but I agree.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2016, 05:37:32 PM »

Turnout will be moderate?
ProgressiveCanadian
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2016, 06:14:57 PM »

Still don't know why liberals continute to vote against their own self interest. I could see how moderates would but not liberals.
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »

"Mean scream" is a bit ridiculous, but this has been one of the most disappointing lines that I've seen from her campaign, in large part because she doesn't have any plan for extending coverage to the >25 million Americans who remain uninsured. Not a public option, no initiative to persuade more states to take the Medicaid expansion, no plan to work with the insurance industry - just nothing.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies