What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:49:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What Issues Do You Disagree With Your Party On?  (Read 3200 times)
hopper
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2016, 02:04:49 AM »

Gay Marriage
Immigration Reform-Well 53% of Republican Voters in a Pew Research Survey support either/or
"permanent legal status" or "pathway to citizenship."
Tax Cuts-Do Republicans want to cut taxes every election?
Gun Rights-There should be a ban on assault weapons.
To modify my post up above why can't a Republican ever raise taxes?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2016, 04:59:08 AM »

Disagreements with the Republican Party:
1.) the harsh rhetoric towards Muslims and Muslim-Americans (and by extension the greater Arab community)
2.) the ridiculous foreign policy of WAR WAR WAR
3.) the party's position on the marriage question, the law has been settled move on.
4.) position on climate change, it's really happening....
5.) the party's overt pandering to the extreme right wings of the Christian Right, a good 30%+ of this country is no longer Christian...Even my generation of Republicans are more religiously diverse and socially center to center-left
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2016, 06:15:02 PM »

All, Most, Few, or None.
White Trash
Southern Gothic
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2016, 06:29:48 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2016, 05:15:28 AM by Southern Gothic »

1. I'm pretty protectionists. Why in all honesty, that is what the Democrat party used to be and should be.
2. I'm a moderate on immigration reform. I think we need to better enforce our current policy and crack down on illegal immigration. I also support ending the H1-B visa program

3. As far as abortion goes I'm more of the "safe, rare and legal" type.

4. I'm a big supporter of the 10th amendment. I love that gay marriage has been legalized but I wish that it had gone through the states first. Same goes for marijuana.

5. I side with the Republicans as far gun control goes. I support background and mental health checks, but nothing beyond that.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2016, 06:36:04 PM »

I think you may have to add marijuana to my list. I'm not at all happy about it, but the issue isn't going away and the government could sure use a revenue source. I still retain serious, serious concerns about the enforcement when it comes to driving with it in the bloodstream though. Very dangerous for an even greater liberty. There will be grave scenarios with decent people being given felonies for something that isn't illegal just because we can't test properly. Hopefully we can at least work to minimize the prevalence of it to begin with.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2016, 07:06:13 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2016, 07:11:32 PM by Santander »

I disagree with Democrats on:

Drug legalization - I believe in sentencing/scheduling reform, but I do not support legalization of marijuana or other illegal drugs. I support medical marijuana, but with much stronger regulation than the California model.

Affirmative action - I basically take Webb's position. There should be a range of affirmative action programs for poor black Americans, but not for other minorities, wealthy blacks or black immigrants.

Gun control - The gunshow loophole is blown way out of proportion. Unless there is overwhelming evidence that there is a large amount of illegal firearms trafficking through the private seller loophole, it should not be changed. Assault weapon bans are ineffective, as are other arbitrary restrictions.

Same-sex marriage - It sickens me to see politicians who did not support SSM until recently attacking Republicans for being bigots. I support SSM, not because of individual rights, but for the sake of societal stability. Public opinion will change over time, and there is no use in attacking people for not supporting SSM.

"Equal pay" - Largely a myth, although pay/advancement inequality exists to some extent at the managerial and executive level. Enforce existing laws, no need for new ones.

Identity politics - The one thing that bothers me most about the Democratic Party. "White male" has almost become a slur for some Dems, which I find disgraceful considering all of the Founding Fathers, nearly every President and most of the men who died on the beaches of Normandy were white males. And I say this as a non-white male.

Corporate taxes - Research shows that increases in corporate taxes are largely paid by end customers. Most government revenue comes from individual taxes, so if anything is going to be done to raise revenue, it should be done there, and cut corporate taxes to encourage reinvestment.

States' rights - Democrats want to nationalize every issue. The US is way too big for national bureaucracies to be efficient, and I would support using state or multi-state initiatives as the conduits for change in things like healthcare, education and social issues. The federal government can play a role in all of the above, but it shouldn't be the default option.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2016, 07:35:31 PM »

Immigration: I very much disagree with the likely Republican nominee on immigration issues

Trade: See above

Abortion: This is kind of a weird for me, since I consider myself "pro-choice" for thinking it should be legal more often than not, but I often find myself more annoyed with the rhetoric of "pro-choice" people than that of "pro-life" people. I think that might be becasue I primarily see the abortion debate as an ethical question about when life begins, as opposed to primarily being about women's rights, which means I view abortion in why that fundamentally more similar to most "pro-life" people than most "pro-choice" people.

Gay Marriage: I support it (normal non-old)

Marijuana: I think it should be completely legal for anyone over 18.

Prostitution: I think it should be legal.

Assisted Suicide: I think it should be legal.

Universal Healthcare: I've changed my views on it fairly recently, at this point I think that basic healthcare is one of few things that should be public instead of private.
Derpist
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -2.96

« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2016, 07:39:29 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2016, 07:41:27 PM by Derpist »

Trade: The TPP is an abomination and NAFTA probably needs to be totally re-negotiated.
Foreign Policy: I largely agree with agree with types like Glenn Greenwald.
Welfare: I wouldn't cut any of these programs, though I do agree with things like work requirements.
Healthcare: I dislike Obamacare, but I think there should be some sort of universal coverage.
Taxes: I'm on board with Bernie's tax plan.
Marijuana: Criminalization isn't worth it.
Climate Change: I believe some sort of climate change is going to happen, though I don't like the liberal stance either.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2016, 10:51:37 PM »

I am generally more conservative on guns than the Dems. More conservative on abortion, although I've drifted further left on it in recent years. More conservative than Bernie on trade, but right around where Obama and Hillary are on that.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2016, 07:34:15 AM »

I think you may have to add marijuana to my list. I'm not at all happy about it, but the issue isn't going away and the government could sure use a revenue source. I still retain serious, serious concerns about the enforcement when it comes to driving with it in the bloodstream though. Very dangerous for an even greater liberty. There will be grave scenarios with decent people being given felonies for something that isn't illegal just because we can't test properly. Hopefully we can at least work to minimize the prevalence of it to begin with.

Does 'other' have a position on marijuana?
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2016, 07:56:50 AM »

I have no party Sad
Please find me some.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »

Poland (Pis)?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2016, 08:01:30 AM »

Does 'other' have a position on marijuana?

Well, at the moment I am a registered Republican. The avatar is to signify I don't vote like one.
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2016, 08:11:50 AM »

It's complicated. I support them as they are governing my country but as a Polish political party they are unsupportable because of common problems for Polish politics.

1) Very, very low moral standards (probably common for all politicians)
2) Particular "usage" of faith into politics while being godless as for the major politicians.
3) Strong Porozumienie Centrum clique which strongly keep power inside PiS and probably would exist as long as Kaczyński is alive.
4) Unacceptable for me approach towards historical policy and history generally.

I support some of their ideas in domestic and (especially, although generally this is still too little, too selective and too random/badly organised but after more than 25 years of rampaging economic liberalism any government which sees problems connected to insufficient role of state in social security or economy in general is like blessing for this country) social policy, I agree with them in many things but this is not enough to call PiS "my party". I would be fine if they would cease to exist. I wish to have some party in which I would have no shame to be member/supporter/etc.
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2016, 08:30:51 AM »

Fracking, coal, and free trade.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2016, 09:06:40 AM »

When Democrats say they disagree with their party on trade, are they referring to the past two Democratic Presidents who've proposed free trade deals (which largely had GOP support) or the majority of Congressional Democrats and the current two primary candidates who oppose them?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2016, 09:41:36 AM »

I was wondering that too.  Not quite that specifically, just wondering what was the Dems position on free trade.  (and to a lesser extent, coal, still have a few pro-union guys left don't you?)
beaver2.0
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -0.52

P P

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2016, 09:44:56 AM »

When Democrats say they disagree with their party on trade, are they referring to the past two Democratic Presidents who've proposed free trade deals (which largely had GOP support) or the majority of Congressional Democrats and the current two primary candidates who oppose them?
The Presidents and their supporters who have supported it at any point.  I don't think Hillary Clinton is protectionist enough, but Sanders is alright.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2016, 10:31:24 AM »

I clearly explained that I disagree with Sanders and agree with Obama
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2016, 10:40:41 AM »

I clearly explained that I disagree with Sanders and agree with Obama

Was mostly directing it at the posts that didn't explain what they meant, which yours did.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2016, 01:09:04 PM »

-Abortion: I am centrist on this issue, and lean towards supporting a 20 week ban.
-Assisted Suicide/Euthanasia: I strongly oppose making this legal.
-Prostitution: I think it should remain illegal, but johns should be punished as opposed to the women who sell their bodies.
-Marijuana: I favor shifting from imprisonment to a fine based system, but oppose medical and/or legalization.
-References to God: I don't really care for removing references to God from public places.
-Reducing nuclear weapons stockpiles: I believe the US should maintain a large nuclear arsenal for deterrence purposes.
-NSA/Patriot Act: I don't oppose surveillance per se, but I do think there should be a few more safeguards against profiling and the like. Otherwise, I don't have anything to hide so I don't really care so long as it keeps us safe.
-'Free' Trade: I lean protectionist on trade issues, while most Democrats these days have embraced neoliberalism.
-High Speed Rail: I think this is a ridiculous waste of money.
-Car Emissions Regulation: I think we've gone too far on this...
More:
-Farm Regulation: Rules about streams and dust place an unsustainable burden on small farms.
-Morality in the Public Sphere: I believe morality can and should be legislated in some cases.
-Coal: While I definitely support transitioning away from dirty fossil fuels, we're leaving large parts of the US jobless and struggling
-Party Exclusivity: I do not support a litmus test to be a Democrat.
-Russia Policy: I feel Obama has been too conciliatory
-China: Trade relations with China should never have been normalized
-Drones: (disagree with the left on this) Drone strikes are efficient, effective, and solid FoPo

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2016, 12:16:47 AM »

The main issue where I break with the Democrats is education, though I'm not with the Republicans either by any stretch of the imagination. I'm not a fan of Common Core, and I'm really fairly anti-standards. I'm not a fan of standardized testing, either.
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2016, 01:51:42 AM »

- Disagree with Obsession about 'freedom' and 'liberty'
- Disagree with the concept of Liberalism and Individual Rights
- Support NSA and every government agency for the sake of the community
- Pro-Life and deeply so
- Support Private, Religous and Charter schools funded by the government
- Oppose Euthanasia, unless under extreme scenarios.
- Even if I support Marijuana Legislation, I still disagree with the concept the Democrats have, that a person has the freedom to consume whatever they like, with no regards to their society.
- I support the Death Penalty, though I believe it should be restricted.
- By Ideology I am Wilsonian and support wars and institutions and agreements to further freedom, rights and democracy around the world, even if I disagree with how America goes on about it.
- I have sympathies towards communism, and during the cold war, I would have sided with the Soviet Union and most 3rd world revolutions against the US.
- Oppose Affirmative Action, as it is dis-advantageous to poor whites.
- Would like to drill and further exploit national resources in a controlled by manner, with natural resources being nationalised by the government.
- I oppose the Fed, and would like to audit it, and if possible I would be fine to abolish it.
- I would like the nationalisation of the banking system to be controlled by the workers and people.
- I oppose the judiciary, and would like to have it elected.
- I am opposed to the restrictive ways of 'PC culture', as well as the obsession with sex and drugs by the 'hippe or liberal' culture.
- By my philosophy, I am reactionary and traditionalist until I am proven wrong.
- I support having non-mandatory praying days in school, as well as people saying the pledge of the allegiance.
- I oppose Tariffs, while still not liking 'free trade' for corporations.
- I oppose illegal immigration, and would not accept illegal immigrant in the country, to have citizenship, and for them to only work if there is a labour shortage.
- I believe it is Immoral to continue with accepting illegal immigrants, when at this stage legal workers, are under paid and there is still quite high unemployment.
- I oppose Femenism and SJW and oppose 'equal pay for equal work', as skill does pay in part to do that.
- I oppose Common Core, and this education focused learning, which does little to prepare you for life, which is why to an extent I oppose Sanders policy for Free College, which students will use for whatever, black studies or whatever other BS subject there is.
- I would abolish standardized testing, and return education back to the local government and have funds go to the Department of Education, which allocated the money to local school, with full control.
- I want to check immigrants that come into the US, especially refugees from Syria and other third world conturies.
- I support assimilation of immigrants, while retaning aspects from their own culture.
- I support banning the burqa and niqab in public places.
- I support banning barbaric practice of hilal meat.
- I support remaning and further involving religion and god in government and society.

That's all I think for now.

Not only to the democratic party, but in general the Left.

If we had a Fascist-AU avatar, that'd be most fitting.

K.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies