Overturning Roe vs Wade
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 10:21:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Overturning Roe vs Wade
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Overturning Roe vs Wade  (Read 5240 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2005, 11:58:05 PM »

Abortions should be made as common as McDonalds and Starbucks.

They are a great human truimph.

Hear hear!  As always, a voice of reason, phknrocket.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2005, 07:10:09 AM »

I think making abortion illegal in any state or nationwide setting is completely idiotic and chaotic. Women won't stop having abortions if you ban it. Instead of going to see their doctor at a clean and safe hospital, they will go to someone who isn't trained and isn't safe- we would be back to the 'back alley' abortion. Either that or they would purposely try to self induce a miscarriage. Then the evangelical nuts will be arresting women who miscarry incase they 'did it themselves.' Sick.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2005, 07:11:53 AM »

I see nothing wrong with that, and no, no one's going to arrest women for miscarriages. Regardless, this has nothing to do with Roe v. Wade.
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »

You must be a conservative troll posing as a liberal.  Even if you favor having abortion be legal, I can't imagine anyone viewing them as anything other than tragedy, if only for all effort and risk (not even counting any that accues because of the law) that a woman must face to get one.
If it is not murder, and simply removing an unwanted part of your body (like a tumor), why is it a tragedy?
Richard
Richius
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 8.40, S: 2.80

« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2005, 10:44:17 AM »

I think making abortion illegal in any state or nationwide setting is completely idiotic and chaotic. Women won't stop having abortions if you ban it. Instead of going to see their doctor at a clean and safe hospital, they will go to someone who isn't trained and isn't safe- we would be back to the 'back alley' abortion. Either that or they would purposely try to self induce a miscarriage. Then the evangelical nuts will be arresting women who miscarry incase they 'did it themselves.' Sick.
And that is perfectly fine.  It is her choice if she wants to risk her life to commit murder.  If they don't want a baby, DO NOT HAVE SEX.  If you were raped, well, my condolences to you. Put the kid up for adoption.  But please, don't murder the kid for the sins of the father.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2005, 10:55:53 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2005, 10:59:01 AM by afleitch »

I don't know why your so defensive of these unborn bundles of cells Richius. To hell with 'potential' and all that nonsense, I could go scrape out some of my cheek cells and smear them on the desk- oh dear i'm commiting murder! And welcome to the world of sarchasm. It's not as if abortion is outlawed in the Bible! I'm glad I don't live in the USA. Thanks to Roe v Wade a woman can make a personal choice; to terminate OR to keep. That is the ultimate freedom.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2005, 11:02:35 AM »

Oh and another thing for those Bible Billy's out there; an unborn and unbaptized child is by definition swimming with original sin. In fact it's probably more sinful in it's existance than you or I. Luckily i'm not religious, but it's an important point to make
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2005, 01:44:43 PM »

Hardly deserving of the death penalty, and no, actually it is much less sinful than you.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2005, 03:35:53 PM »

You must be a conservative troll posing as a liberal.  Even if you favor having abortion be legal, I can't imagine anyone viewing them as anything other than tragedy, if only for all the effort and risk (not even counting any that accues because of the law) that a woman must face to get one.
If it is not murder, and simply removing an unwanted part of your body (like a tumor), why is it a tragedy?

I think I explained myself adequately.  The wasted effort involved in getting an abortion and the small but real risk of complications or side effects as is the case of any medical proceedure makes it a tragedy when compared to the prefered case that she not have been pregnant in the first place.  Obviously it is not as much of a tragedy as it would be if one considered it to be a murder, but it is still a tragedy.
ragnar
grendel
Rookie

« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2005, 03:55:11 PM »

You must be a conservative troll posing as a liberal.  Even if you favor having abortion be legal, I can't imagine anyone viewing them as anything other than tragedy, if only for all effort and risk (not even counting any that accues because of the law) that a woman must face to get one.

because its a waste of the states ressourses
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2005, 09:45:17 PM »

And that is perfectly fine.  It is her choice if she wants to risk her life to commit murder.  If they don't want a baby, DO NOT HAVE SEX.  If you were raped, well, my condolences to you. Put the kid up for adoption.  But please, don't murder the kid for the sins of the father.

It is ridiculous to expect someone to not have sex when there is a perfectly nice modern technological solution to the problem - abortion.  Besides, it is none of your business, Richius.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2005, 09:38:28 PM »

I would very much like to see this happen.  I would also very much like to see a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting abortions, but that is not going to happen in the forseeable future.  In the meantime, I'm up for a compromise.

Overturn Roe vs Wade and let the states decide.  Soviet California will probably have Abortions-On-Demand, while the "hell holes" (like Opebo says) like Mississippi will make it illegal.

Now the real question is...  If blue states make abortion illegal and keep executing babies, what will that do to population trends over the next 50 years?  Red states are already growing much faster.  The Census predicts that Bush's 286-252 win would have been 303-235 in 2032 just due to population trends and shifting electoral votes.

Would abortion be contributing to this perhaps?

Absolutely not. Whats causing red-state growth is adults moving there for jobs, immigrants from outside the country and old people leaving the northern winters behind.

Why are you people so obsessed with abortion?!?!?! I hope your not one of those who considers Roe v. Wade a "holocaust of the unborn" a girl in my class once said that during a presentation and I flipped out, saying how dare you equate the Nazi genocide with women choosing their own destiny. And the class made me feel like I was being weird about it! I had to stand up for the girls rights in that class because they were too lazy to care.

All you pro-life people care about are the babies WHAT ABOUT THE MOTHERS? They have rights too. While I was reading your post my mouth dropped open, I couldn't believe you were serious about this.

I'm so sick of talking about this topic that I'd have no problem with Roe being overturned. We'll keep it legal in the North and your women would be free to come up here to decide their choice.

I want a bumper sticker that says: "It's a choice, not a child" (for the first 3 months of pregnancy that is).
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2005, 09:40:32 PM »

If mothers have the right to kill, why not the father. He did provide half the genetic material, shouldn't he get half the say at least. WHAT ABOUT THE FATHERS !!!11!!1!!1!!
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2005, 09:42:03 PM »

Why are you people so obsessed with abortion?!?!?!
Why are you so obsessed with keeping it legal?

You must be logged in to read this quote.
I'll do it right now.  Legalizing abortion has resulted in millions of deaths, just like the Holocaust.  Gonna flip out at me now?

I'm glad you stood up for unborn "girls rights."  Smiley

Yes, they have a right to live, just like the babies.

Elitist.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2005, 09:58:48 PM »

I'll do it right now.  Legalizing abortion has resulted in millions of deaths, just like the Holocaust.  Gonna flip out at me now?

I'm glad you stood up for unborn "girls rights."  Smiley

Elitist.

All you just did was try to insult me. You added nothing to the thread, just some lame 1 liners. I write like 3 paragraphs and you can't even write complete sentences. What a waste of time. I  mean it when I say I can't understand what makes pro-life people so annoyingly obsessed with this issue. Do they think they are modern John Browns or something? Stop insulting me and try to have a dialogue here. I wonder how the other side feels.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2005, 10:15:10 PM »

Really, I didn't feel that such repetitive and elitist tripe dignified a response longer than the one I gave.  </stupid 1 liner>
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2005, 10:27:59 PM »

All you just did was try to insult me. You added nothing to the thread, just some lame 1 liners. I write like 3 paragraphs and you can't even write complete sentences. What a waste of time. I  mean it when I say I can't understand what makes pro-life people so annoyingly obsessed with this issue. Do they think they are modern John Browns or something? Stop insulting me and try to have a dialogue here. I wonder how the other side feels.

Why the anger over opposition to your position again. Is your position to weak to stand on? Your arguement based on a ruling that has been shown to be based on opinion? Why not attack the issue, not the person? This guy has got to be CTGuy BTW
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2005, 05:47:36 PM »

I'll do it right now.  Legalizing abortion has resulted in millions of deaths, just like the Holocaust.  Gonna flip out at me now?

I'm glad you stood up for unborn "girls rights."  Smiley

Elitist.

Really, I didn't feel that such repetitive and elitist tripe dignified a response longer than the one I gave. </stupid 1 liner>

Ebowed, I thought you did a good job of countering his arguments, and saw no personal insults in there.

Though I don't know for sure, I believe the number of unborn children killed has pass the number of Jews killed.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2005, 05:49:27 PM »

Though I don't know for sure, I believe the number of unborn children killed has pass the number of Jews killed.

The characterization 'unborn children' is inaccurate.  So is the verb 'killed'.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 05:50:23 PM »

The term killed is factually accurate.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2005, 05:53:16 PM »

No, we don't say, 'I killed my foot' if it is amputated.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2005, 05:56:05 PM »

The rest of your post does not justify the use of the first word
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2005, 08:07:37 PM »

Yes, because it's only a foot that's growing inside of a woman when she's pregnant.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2005, 09:46:20 PM »

Yes, because it's only a foot that's growing inside of a woman when she's pregnant.

That is how I look at it - a part of her body.  Given that its impossible for it to live outside of her, I think that is an emminently reasonable analysis.  Its future is irrelevant to the present.

If we took into account all sorts of future possibilities in criminology, every murder would be one of countless generations to come.. and every masturbatory ejactulation would be a genocide.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2005, 10:08:06 PM »

It is accurate to say that a sperm is killed, and it's accurate to say that a fetus is killed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies