TRUMP: "I could...shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:23:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  TRUMP: "I could...shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: TRUMP: "I could...shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters"  (Read 2629 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 09:15:47 PM »

I do sometimes wonder if this campaign was only ever intended to be a publicity stunt, and maybe Trump just keeps saying crazier and crazier s*** in hopes that it eventually costs him his lead.

Trump: "You stupid idiots. This was all a publicity stunt! Why don't you get it? You've been fooled!" (followed by insane amounts of clapping)

1 week later: Trump up +9 points!

He's already done this. Smiley "How stupid are the people of Iowa" has catapulted him into the lead there.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 09:16:10 PM »

Asked about Trump's comment after a campaign event in Iowa, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Trump's top rival for the GOP nomination, shook his head.

"I will let Donald speak for himself," Cruz said. "I can say I have no intention of shooting anybody in this campaign."

Does Ted Cruz think he's running in the Democratic Primary or something? Not shooting anybody is not the way to go if you're a Republican Presidential Candidate.

Ted Cruz clearly no fan of the 2nd amendment then. SICKENING that he won't stand up for Americans' rights to own weaponry for whatever purpose they like.

Clearly his Canadian Values are coming through.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 09:20:51 PM »

He's already done this. Smiley "How stupid are the people of Iowa" has catapulted him into the lead there.

Oh my. That's right. What the hell kinda world am I even living in anymore?
yankeesfan
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 09:27:16 PM »

Splicing together "I could...shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters" and "how stupid are the people of Iowa" may make an effective ad
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 09:27:36 PM »

Remember the adage that bad press is better than no press? Trump is pushing it one step further, that at least with much of the Pub base, or whatever his base is, bad press is not only better than no press, in some ways it is better than good press. It tends to make Trump the center of the universe, and Galileo is not around to remind us that Trump is not the center of the universe. So we are back to the dark ages of ignorance. As I noted before, in my long life, I simply cannot remember when politics was as dumbed down as it is this year.

Truer words have never been spoken.

Agree completely.
But what is more dumb .... Trump's politics or the people who support him ?
Cruzcrew
Paleocon
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2016, 10:34:47 PM »

Remember the adage that bad press is better than no press? Trump is pushing it one step further, that at least with much of the Pub base, or whatever his base is, bad press is not only better than no press, in some ways it is better than good press. It tends to make Trump the center of the universe, and Galileo is not around to remind us that Trump is not the center of the universe. So we are back to the dark ages of ignorance. As I noted before, in my long life, I simply cannot remember when politics was as dumbed down as it is this year.

Agree completely.

Trumps supporters. The stupidest fan base I've ever seen
Hillary pays minimum wage
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2016, 10:42:16 PM »

If Obama can keep enough support to win after his first term, Trump should get a free pass with just as much.  g
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »

lol, it's a f[inks]ing joke you weirdos.

Thank you, sherlock.

It's a joke with a perfectly valid connection.
wolfsblood07
United States

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2016, 01:56:48 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2016, 02:01:35 PM by wolfsblood07 »

How does Trump have such good luck?  Possibly the last GOP candidate that can stop him, Ted Cruz, turns out to be so hated by the establishment that even Bob Dole of all people comes out with a public statement that Trump is far better than Cruz.  Added to that, George W. Bush's earlier (and very uncharacteristic for him) comment that he does not like Cruz.  Trump ends up getting de facto endorsement from Jeb's brother!  
I guess this is why Trump is a multi-billionaire, with a steady stream of smokin' hot wives.  It takes a whole lot of talent and ability (for b.s.) and work, but also luck.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2016, 05:36:02 PM »

Agree completely.

"Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows him?" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
HillOfANight
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2016, 10:58:17 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/23/politics/donald-trump-nevada-murder/

So I'm the only vocal Hillary supporter at my workplace. Granted the only 2 other vocal people is 1 Rubio guy and 1 Trump guy.

Trump guy was like "Can't believe you're voting for Hillary, no one I know is voting for her". I turn it around and say "Y'all heard about how Trump's bragging he can shoot people and still win".

The women at my cube turn on Trump and it seems like Trump's braggadocious behavior is something that could resonate as a campaign issue.
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2016, 12:04:17 PM »

lol, it's a f[inks]ing joke you weirdos.

Thank you, sherlock.

It's a joke with a perfectly valid connection.
Of course it's a joke; but obviously the joke is on Trump's supporters who are too stupid to think, the point being that he can say anything and know nothing and they'll still vote for him. VOTE FOR TRUMP, it's easier than thinking. That should be his campaign slogan.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies