WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 08:02:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: WINFIELD/POIROT FOR ATLASIA ELECTION NIGHT  (Read 5894 times)
Enduro
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 04:16:31 PM »

I don't agree with all of your stances, but I'm glad that you put them up.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 04:53:05 PM »

Thank you.  I very much appreciate your comment.

That is the very essence of democracy, to have varying views while at the same time respect for the views of others.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 09:22:09 PM »

Thank you.  I very much appreciate your comment.

That is the very essence of democracy, to have varying views while at the same time respect for the views of others.

You're very welcome, I just thought you deserved some recognition.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 08:01:36 PM »

The Winfield / Poirot campaign has released another banner.

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2016, 12:57:06 AM »

Anyone interested, please feel free to copy and paste this great banner made by Poirot into your signature.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 11:51:53 AM »

A Winfield/Poirot administration will institute a code of ethics for all members of the Atlasian government.  Under a Winfield/Poirot administration, we will expect the highest standards of ethics to be adhered to by all elected and appointed officials in the Atlasian government.

Code of Ethics for Government Service

ANY PERSON IN GOVERNMENT SERVICE SHOULD:

1.  Put loyalty to the highest moral principles above loyalty to persons, party, or Government department.

2.  Uphold the Constitution, laws, and legal regulations of the Republic of Atlasia and of all governments therein and never be a party to their evasion.

3.  Give a full day's labor for a full day's pay; giving to the performance of his or her duties his or her earnest effort and best thought.

4.  Seek to find and employ more efficient and economical ways of getting tasks accomplished.

5.  Never discriminate unfairly by the dispensing of special favors or privileges to anyone, whether for remuneration or not; and never accept, for himself or his family, favors or benefits under circumstances which might be construed by reasonable persons as influencing the performance of his or her governmental duties.

6.  Make no private promises of any kind binding upon the duties of office, since the Government employee has no private word which can be binding on public duty.

7.  Engage in no business with the Government, either directly or indirectly, which is inconsistent with the conscientious performance of his or her governmental duties.

8.  Never use any information coming to him or her confidentially in the performance of governmental duties as a means for making private profit.

9.  Expose corruption wherever discovered.

10. Uphold these principles, ever conscious that public office is a public trust.

http://lexrex.com/enlightened/laws/ethics.htm
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 11:58:43 AM »

My fellow Atlasians, even though varying viewpoints will always and must always exist, I believe it is important that our society is founded upon the principles of caring, compassion, and understanding.

As in any society, we will find in Atlasia

those who think differently 

those who talk differently

those who are powerless

those who are different

those who are suffering

those who are lonely

I envision a nation where even though we will always have varying points of view on any number of issues and events, nevertheless a nation where there is acceptance and tolerance amongst Atlasians for the myriad of differences that will always exist.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 12:07:40 PM »

Winfield statement on illegal immigration

Although we have to protect our borders, we also have to be practical about those already here illegally.  We also have to take into consideration that many of these people have their families here, and have children here, some born in the country.  I am not a proponent of separating families.  Let's face facts.  It would be impractical and virtually impossible to expell every illegal in the nation.  However, public safety and national security must be paramount in deciding which illegals could be granted citizenship.

For those already here illegally who have not committed any crime, I support proceeding with any decision on citizenship on a case by case basis, in order that a determination could be made which would warrant citizenship and which would not.  For those who warrant it, the normal citizenship proceedings could then begin
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2016, 11:00:07 PM »

Thank you to all of you for coming to this meeting in Sacramento, California in the Pacific region. In my tour of the region I have heard many people who would like the Constitutional Convention to move faster. I am lucky to live in a region with enough activity to still make it interesting while waiting for a possible Atlasia rebirth. For those in regions with not much activity, the wait seems probably long. At this rate the convention will take more than six months. Some are anticipating the rebirth and eager to work on the future new regions. Efforts should be made to speed the process.

It appears some delegates were confused when more than one thread were open in the convention. I am proposing to open a second thread (in addition to a topic voting period thread) to discuss the next topic to give opinions and debate in advance of the decision period. If the next topic to be debated is the Justice system, delegates can discuss the number of Justices, the selection process, term limits, impeachment etc. So delegates will have time to reflect on this topic and when it's time to make the decisions, the convention can still proceed in a methodical manner with the votes but with very minimal debate time since the propositions and debates will already have taken place.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 07:21:35 PM »

Endorsed for second preference. If I'm to go down in flames due to an unprecedently-conservative electoral bias, then I'd at least hope that a rational conservative would be the one to take my place.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2016, 10:34:09 PM »

Endorsed for second preference. If I'm to go down in flames due to an unprecedently-conservative electoral bias, then I'd at least hope that a rational conservative would be the one to take my place.

President Griffin, I am honored to have your second preference vote.

But I realize full well that the odds are stacked against me in this election.   
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 10:35:08 PM »

I also endorse Winfield/Poirot for second place. I don't agree with them on everything, but I appreciate their quest for a more ethical, better government that serves the people instead of special interests.

Oh, and...

If I'm to go down in flames due to an unprecedently-conservative electoral bias, then I'd at least hope that a rational conservative would be the one to take my place.

Roll Eyes

Implying, of course, that I'm both irrational and conservative.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 10:42:52 PM »

I also endorse Winfield/Poirot for second place. I don't agree with them on everything, but I appreciate their quest for a more ethical, better government that serves the people instead of special interests.

Oh, and...

If I'm to go down in flames due to an unprecedently-conservative electoral bias, then I'd at least hope that a rational conservative would be the one to take my place.

Roll Eyes

Implying, of course, that I'm both irrational and conservative.

Governor Leinad, I am honored to have your second preference vote.

Thank  you.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 04:22:51 PM »

While visiting Omaha, Grit (Nebraska) in the Midwest region, I am presenting a recap of the issues addressed so far in the campaign for citizens who don't have the time to read all the material.

- eliminate off shore tax havens
- increase taxes on wealthiest
- gun gontrol policy
- laws on distracted drivers
- full employment strategy
- school safety and uniforms
- fight corporate fat cats and white collar criminals
- progressive tax policy
- code of ethics for government
- acceptance of differences
- illegal immigration
- speed up constitutional convention
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2016, 12:29:15 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 12:46:08 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Smoking tobacco and marijuana are killing millions of Atlasians every year, and causing long term and debilitating diseases to millions throughout the nation, many of them the rising generation.  

Our health care costs have become astronomical due to in part to the diseases brought on by the use of these substances.  

I want to see cigarette smoking banned in ALL public places in Atlasia.

The ONLY places smoking will be legal will be in a private residence and in the yard of that private residence.  I will double the excise taxes on all tobacco products as well.

I want to see the use of marijuana banned in ALL places throughout Atlasia, due to the very harmful effects it has.  

I want to see a complete ban on vape and e-cigarettes as well, due to their proven harmful effects.    

Tobacco

Smoking most commonly leads to diseases affecting the heart and lungs and will most commonly affect areas such as hands or feet with first signs of smoking related health issues showing up as numbness, with smoking being a major risk factor for heart attacks, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema, and cancer, particularly lung cancer, cancers of the larynx and mouth, and pancreatic cancer. Overall life expectancy is also reduced in long term smokers, with estimates ranging from 10 to 17.9 years fewer than nonsmokers. About one half of long term male smokers will die of illness due to smoking. The association of smoking with lung cancer is strongest, both in the public perception and etiologically. Among male smokers, the lifetime risk of developing lung cancer is 17.2%; among female smokers, the risk is 11.6%. This risk is significantly lower in nonsmokers: 1.3% in men and 1.4% in women. Historically, lung cancer was considered to be a rare disease prior to World War I and was perceived as something most physicians would never see during their career. With the postwar rise in popularity of cigarette smoking came a virtual epidemic of lung cancer.

A person's increased risk of contracting disease is directly proportional to the length of time that a person continues to smoke as well as the amount smoked. However, if someone stops smoking, then these chances gradually decrease as the damage to their body is repaired. A year after quitting, the risk of contracting heart disease is half that of a continuing smoker. The health risks of smoking are not uniform across all smokers. Risks vary according to amount of tobacco smoked, with those who smoke more at greater risk. Smoking so-called "light" cigarettes does not reduce the risk.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_tobacco

Marijuana

Within a few minutes after smoking marijuana, the heart begins beating more rapidly and the blood pressure drops. Marijuana can cause the heart beat to increase by 20 to 50 beats per minute, and can increase even more if other drugs are used at the same time.
Because of the lower blood pressure and higher heart rate, researchers found that users' risk for a heart attack is four times higher within the first hour after smoking marijuana, compared to their general risk of heart attack when not smoking.

Smoking marijuana, even infrequently, can cause burning and stinging of the mouth and throat, and cause heavy coughing.  
•More frequent acute chest illnesses
•Increased risk of lung infections
•Obstructed airways

Research indicates that THC impairs the body's immune system from fighting disease, which can cause a wide variety of health problems. One study found that marijuana actually inhibited the disease-preventing actions of key immune cells. Another study found that THC increased the risk of developing bacterial infections and tumors.
Effects of Exposure During Pregnancy
Several studies have found that children born to mothers who used marijuana during pregnancy exhibit some problems with neurological development. According to those studies, prenatal marijuana exposure can cause:• Altered responses to visual stimuli
•Increased tremulousness
•Problems with sustained attention and memory

http://alcoholism.about.com/od/pot/a/effects.-Lya.htm

E-Cigarettes

E-cigarettes, though commonly marketed as safe, have been found to contain dangerous solvents.

The solvents, known to be lung irritants, are composed of nicotine and flavouring, and can even transform into carbonyls, or cancer-causing chemicals such as acetaldehyde and formaldehyde.

http://www.ibtimes.com.au/harmful-effects-e-cigarettes-1407758

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2016, 12:41:25 PM »
« Edited: February 16, 2016, 12:43:39 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Alcohol consumption is taking a heavy toll on our people, including our young people.  

There are simply too many proven facts about alcohol to dispute the harmful effects it has on the human body.  

I will double the excise tax on alcohol to discourage alcohol comsumption.

I want to see alcohol less accessible to the public.  

I realize we cannot start another era of prohibition, however, we can limit the alcohol available.

Drinking establishments will be charged and held accountable if they serve too much alcohol to a customer.

Fines for drunk driving will be doubled.

It is not just the physical aspects of alcohol causing tragedy to our people, it is the social aspects as well.  Alcohol consumption has torn families apart, has bankrupted families, and has left children without the proper care they deserve.      

Drinking too much – on a single occasion or over time – can take a serious toll on your health.  Here’s how alcohol can affect your body:

Brain:
 Alcohol interferes with the brain’s communication pathways, and can affect the way the brain looks and works. These disruptions can change mood and behavior, and make it harder to think clearly and move with coordination.  

Heart:
 Drinking a lot over a long time or too much on a single occasion can damage the heart, causing problems including:
• Cardiomyopathy – Stretching and drooping of heart muscle
• Arrhythmias – Irregular heart beat
• Stroke
• High blood pressure  

Research also shows that drinking moderate amounts of alcohol may protect healthy adults from developing coronary heart disease.

Liver:
 Heavy drinking takes a toll on the liver, and can lead to a variety of problems and liver inflammations including:
• Steatosis, or fatty liver
• Alcoholic hepatitis
• Fibrosis
• Cirrhosis

Pancreas:
 Alcohol causes the pancreas to produce toxic substances that can eventually lead to pancreatitis, a dangerous inflammation and swelling of the blood vessels in the pancreas that prevents proper digestion.

Cancer:
 Drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of developing certain cancers, including cancers of the:
• Mouth
• Esophagus
• Throat
• Liver
• Breast

Immune System:
 Drinking too much can weaken your immune system, making your body a much easier target for disease.  Chronic drinkers are more liable to contract diseases like pneumonia and tuberculosis than people who do not drink too much.  Drinking a lot on a single occasion slows your body’s ability to ward off infections – even up to 24 hours after getting drunk.

http://niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/alcohols-effects-body
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »

Are you actually a conservative on anything?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »

The partisans reveal themselves. I am glad we don't need to point them out.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2016, 05:39:40 PM »

No, I'm not saying that to help Leinad. I just haven't seen any reason why Winfield should get my 2nd ahead of Griffin. Right now, my ballot is Leinad->Griffin->Winfield. If Winfield explains his conservative positions, he may move into 2nd.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:23 PM »

No, I'm not saying that to help Leinad. I just haven't seen any reason why Winfield should get my 2nd ahead of Griffin. Right now, my ballot is Leinad->Griffin->Winfield. If Winfield explains his conservative positions, he may move into 2nd.

Winfield's position on illegal immigration may intrigue you. His positions are moderate, neither conservative nor liberal. I myself am a mixture of moderate views and extreme views. My extreme views are libertarian(about half conservative and half liberal, oddly enough) so it balances out in the end.

I believe he should be at least everyone's second choice because of the simple fact that a uniting force should be President, while dividing ideologues should be in the Senate to represent people. If he does manage to be elected, the Senate will determine how conservative or liberal his bills are made.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 11:05:42 PM »

While meeting voters in Decatur, Illinois in the Mideast region, I present our official song. It is I have a dream by ABBA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX79VxZ5j4g&list=RDIX79VxZ5j4g#t=0

It is inspiring, like Winfield is inspiring for a better future.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 03:36:24 PM »

Endorsed for second preference.
I really appreciate both Winfield and Poirot and, regardless of the results of the presidential election, I really hope to see them involved in the national politics in the future. Both Winfield and Poirot are active and capable people.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 03:41:50 PM »

I really appreciate both Winfield and Poirot and, regardless of the results of the presidential election, I really hope to see them involved in the national politics in the future. Both Winfield and Poirot are active and capable people.

Thank you Cris for your endorsement.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »

Thank you Cris for your endorsement.

Again, Winfield, I'm not trying to be an antagonist. But do you hold any conservative position on the issues?
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 03:49:39 PM »

Potus, thank you for the question.

I am pro life.  I do not believe in baby killing.

And frankly, I could care less what radical feminists think.  They and those who support them are the ones killing babies.

I believe that marriage should be the union of one man and one woman, to the exclusion of all others.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies