Another round of quantitative easing while raising interest rates.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:08:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Economics (Moderator: Torie)
  Another round of quantitative easing while raising interest rates.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Another round of quantitative easing while raising interest rates.  (Read 687 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:26:59 PM »

What do you think would happen, Atlas forum?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 09:42:47 PM »

Don't know and don't care since it'll not be happening anytime soon.  The Fed sees QE as a tool to be used when it can't push interest rates any lower, which is a view I agree with in general.  About the only way I could see QE being used with interest rates above zero would be as a targeted easing for a sector of the economy that was doing much worse than the rest of the economy.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:49:03 AM »

Don't know and don't care since it'll not be happening anytime soon.  The Fed sees QE as a tool to be used when it can't push interest rates any lower, which is a view I agree with in general.  About the only way I could see QE being used with interest rates above zero would be as a targeted easing for a sector of the economy that was doing much worse than the rest of the economy.

Export manufacturing?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:58:30 AM »

Export manufacturing?

I guess in an abstract way one could view the Ex-Im Bank as a form of targeted QE, but it wasn't set up by the Fed and it's permanent rather than temporary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies