Terrorist takeover of Federal building in Oregon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:15:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Terrorist takeover of Federal building in Oregon
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Author Topic: Terrorist takeover of Federal building in Oregon  (Read 19249 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 06:11:40 PM »

I don't want blood, I want law being applied to them the same way we do with Muslim terrorists.1
Crushed under the boot of the state.
Hopefully this is handled better than noted leftist George Bush Sr. handled Ruby Ridge in 1992.
It will be.  The Montana Freemen and the first Bundy issue went down peacefully.  The nuts in Oregon may want the violence almost as much as you guys do, but the Feds don't want it at all.  So there won't be any. (unless initiated by the nuts, then I'll join you guys in the blood rituals)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2016, 06:15:13 PM »

I don't want blood, I want law being applied to them the same way we do with Muslim terrorists.1
Hopefully this is handled better than noted leftist George Bush Sr. handled Ruby Ridge in 1992.
It will be.  The Montana Freemen and the first Bundy issue went down peacefully.  The nuts in Oregon may want the violence almost as much as you guys do, but the Feds don't want it at all.  So there won't be any. (unless initiated by the nuts, then I'll join you guys in the blood rituals)

And I called for violence when exactly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalization
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2016, 06:16:06 PM »

I don't want blood, I want law being applied to them the same way we do with Muslim terrorists.

A terrorist is a terrorist. No matter its ideology.

And a citizen is a citizen, even if they are a criminal. Peacefully Sitting around an abandoned shack in the Oregon wilderness with a gun does not warrant drones and tanks. It warrants an eventual arrest (peacefully), a trial, a conviction, and then a jail sentence. Let's assume all the protesters are black and that black lives matter. Imagine the backlash for violently "taking out" the protesters just because they appear scary and angry. You would be accused of dehumanizing black people. The criminals in Oregon are not hurting anyone, but they are trying to provoke violence against themselves. Why reward them with the terror they want?

Agreed. The feds shot an unarmed woman in the head and a 14 year old boy in the back ... over a tax issue and illegal entrapment.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2016, 06:22:52 PM »

And I called for violence when exactly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generalization
My bad, you are correct.  It's good that not all of you are so blood thirsty and I should remember that.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »

Ah yes, Bundy. He was around before, upset the Feds were messing with his land, with regulations and all. I think he had a leasehold interest, which to him, meant that he owned it. He was a hero on Free Republic. Now the clan is back. Before, they seized his cattle I think, and sold them, to pay his fine. Now it's time for jail, for him and the entire gang.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 06:37:06 PM »

Right-wing nuts have become unhinged. Let's hope the government throws them into a prison cell where they belong.

Which would make them martyrs and produce many more like them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »
« Edited: January 03, 2016, 07:01:13 PM by Lief 🐋 »

Is dead0man, the same guy that thought Tamir Rice's murder was hilarious, calling other people bloodthirsty? LOL
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 07:14:01 PM »

Is dead0man, the same guy that thought Tamir Rice's murder was hilarious, calling other people bloodthirsty? LOL

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2016, 07:37:49 PM »

Take over a shack in a federal park? Terrorists. Block black Friday shoppers, Occupy Zuccotti Park, and burning down Ferguson? Freedom fighters. Whatevs.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2016, 08:27:45 PM »

Take over a shack in a federal park? Terrorists. Block black Friday shoppers, Occupy Zuccotti Park, and burning down Ferguson? Freedom fighters. Whatevs.
Perverted analogy.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 08:29:05 PM »

Agreed. The feds shot an unarmed woman in the head and a 14 year old boy in the back ... over a tax issue and illegal entrapment.

Disgusting.

The only persons to blame over that tragedy is the woman and the parents of the boy for joining such a blood-lusty cult. They are the responsible ones.

I thought conservatives were for personal responsability. Only for non-whites, it seems.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2016, 08:36:25 PM »

Right-wing nuts have become unhinged. Let's hope the government throws them into a prison cell where they belong.

Which would make them martyrs and produce many more like them.

By that logic, Israel should free all Muslim terrorists they have into their jails (and usually, there are there for a good reason). That's utterly bonkers.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2016, 09:04:04 PM »

Disgusting.

The only persons to blame over that tragedy is the woman and the parents of the boy for joining such a blood-lusty cult. They are the responsible ones.

I thought conservatives were for personal responsability. Only for non-whites, it seems.

Because f[inks] unarmed women and children amirite?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »

Those who protested against the $2 trillion Iraq war started for bogus reasons were beat up by police and called terrorists by a California state official. Meanwhile, right-wingers get to do whatever they want. Joke government.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2016, 09:09:04 PM »

Perverted analogy.

Is it? It appears that said militia (although I have no sympathy for them at all) have thus far destroyed far less property than has been the case in many of these 'protests'.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »

Perverted analogy.

Is it? It appears that said militia (although I have no sympathy for them at all) have thus far destroyed far less property than has been the case in many of these 'protests'.
Notice the lack of elaboration on Ebsy's part? I found that interesting. Blue link intimidation only works in effort posts.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2016, 09:51:07 PM »

Perverted analogy.

Notice the lack of elaboration on Ebsy's part? I found that interesting. Blue link intimidation only works in effort posts.
The two situations aren't comparable at all. BLM protesters never took part in armed standoffs while pointing assault weapons at law enforcement, nor did they barricade themselves in government buildings while threatening to violently resist any legitimate attempt to remove them. You're absolutely deranged if you think this "protest" is so legitimate form of civil disobedience.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2016, 10:45:00 PM »

Disgusting.

Collateral damage. It's very sad, but it happens during wars without most people opposing bombings.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »

Disgusting.

What the hell are you talking about? Weaver wasn't in a cult. He moved his family to northern Idaho and was illegally entrapped (according to a legal jury verdict) into committing a minor tax violation in the hopes that he would become a government mole. The Feds sent him a summons with an incorrect date on it, therefore he failed to show up to court. Armed feds wearing no uniforms and no badges trespassed on his property, but not to serve any warrants. When Weaver's dogs detected the Feds, the feds shot the dogs. Then there was a firefight between Weaver's 14 year old son + a friend and the non-uniformed, announced trespassing feds who had just shot the family dogs in cold bold. Ballistics show the 14 year old son was shot in the back. 2 days into the standoff a "trained" government sniper shot Weaver's wife through the head as she was holding a baby.

I don't care if you're white, black, purple, or blue, that's not how you treat citizens, especially over a tax matter. A criminal jury found Weaver not guilty of murder or the tax violations because of entrapment. The Feds are clearly to blame, otherwise the Weaver children wouldn't have each gotten blood money from the feds in a civil trial.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2016, 11:18:31 PM »

Disgusting.

Collateral damage. It's very sad, but it happens during wars without most people opposing bombings.
Were the babies in Oklahoma City "collateral damage" too? You really are a sick person, Max.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2016, 11:36:12 PM »

Disgusting.

Were the babies in Oklahoma City "collateral damage" too? You really are a sick person, Max.

Well, for the perpretator, sure, but comparing OK City and Waco isn't a correct comparison.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 01:18:20 AM »

FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:12 AM »

"Terrorist takeover of a federal building" could refer to every time government employees or political functionaries arrive at work.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2016, 07:54:27 AM »

Disgusting.

careful, your ignorance is showing
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2016, 10:09:19 AM »

So this essentially is a shed in the middle of nowhere yet #OregonUnderAttack makes it sound like a 1000 man strong militia took over a proper federal office building guns blazing...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies