Keep on Playing in Atlasia - Campaign Announcement
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:11:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Keep on Playing in Atlasia - Campaign Announcement
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Keep on Playing in Atlasia - Campaign Announcement  (Read 239 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 05, 2015, 03:57:46 AM »

As I stand here on the front porch of this down to earth log cabin that I totally did not spend millions of dollars to dismantle and ship over from Austria, to rebuild here in the mountains of NC, I am mindful of just how out of touch one can become on the top of the world, looking down on creation. Of course that is a familiar situation to the many politicians who dwell eternally in the penthouse of Trump tower, cough IRC cough.

It is no surprise they are out of touch with people's interests, considering they spend all evening listening to the special interests up their. The one interest they are listening to most of all is their own self-interest. Many have grown bored, which is why we need reform. However, there are a lot of people saying we'd be better off dead. I gotta say I don't feel like much like Satan, but after months of trying to forget about it anyway I can, I must face the truth. I am to them. I am to them because I want to continue this game. I am to them because I want to reform this game and I am to them because I call it like I see it when it comes to their plotting and scheming.

I realize at the end of the day most just want things turned around and have differing views on how to achieve that. Take secession for example. I have been allied with people who sympathize with the concept since the day I joined this game. I have never shared the view, being something of a "yankee federalist" at heart (Wink), but I do sympathize with the notion that regions should have more power. I support both devolution and the right to autonomy granted within the Constitution being drafted in convention. I also do agree Senator PiT and others that the rush to punish those who support secession has a downside as far as the game is concerned. That is why I led the effort to reduce maximum sentencing. There is no reason to ban somebody for life, from a game. It is the functional equivalent of a death penalty and we got rid of that in 2012.

Back in the spring when I first ran At-Large I warned of the dangers of executive tyranny and the need for legislative vigilance to hold people accountable. At the time the primary concern was the erosion of the importance of the executive and therefore many dropped their guard. The problem is that the latter has little to do with the former, as we saw both reach record heights under the Bore administration, at the same time. Inactivity reduced the importance of the office and at the same time created the opening for subordinates to engage in tyrannical and illegal behavior. We acted quickly and restrained the excesses, thankfully.

However, it is for this reason that I oppose all efforts to shut down the Senate and leave Adam to govern the country alone. Even if Jesus was President, Atlasia cannot afford to risk the potential for abuse in a unitary federal gov't with no legislative branch. That is also why we must have a strong legislative branch in the new Constitution and we must preserve the independence of the Judiciary at all costs.

At this stage I am very confident of the success of the convention as long as we stick with it. Back in April when I made it my central issue, the chances of getting to bicameralism seemed hopeless, now it seems likely to be the new arrangement and the rest of project is looking as good or even better at this stage in the process. If reelected, it will be a priority to see the successful completion and transition to the new institutions established in the Fouth Constitution.

This election is a critical one and the choices are clear between the forces of destruction and the forces of reform. Vote for reform! Vote for devolution and autonomy! Vote for Seperation of Powers!!! Vote NC Yankee for At-Large Senate on December 11th-13th.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies