Have you ever been attacked, cursed at, or harassed while...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 04:27:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Have you ever been attacked, cursed at, or harassed while...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you ever been attacked, cursed at, or harassed while...  (Read 1054 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2005, 12:10:13 AM »

Volunterring for a campaign?  If so, what happend and how did you respond?
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 12:19:28 AM »

No
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 12:23:32 AM »

No.
danwxman

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 12:32:39 AM »

I was harassed and stalked by a guy dressed up as a flip-flop (the shoe) while in line for a Kerry rally. Everybody just made fun of the douchebag, though. It was quite amusing.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 12:37:35 AM »

Nope. I was walking in downtown Tacoma after getting a sign from the local Kerry HQ a few months ago. Some guy on a bike saw the sign and yelled "hell yeah, man!" while passing by. If that counts.

One time I gave the thumbs-up out of a car window to a group of people holding "Re-elect Ida Chong" signs.  It was hardcore.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 12:39:51 AM »

Yes... I was harassed by hippies while I was protesting the City of Eire's resolution officially condeming the Iraq War.  The public outcry was so great, though, that they repelled it.

And I was also harrassed while leaving from Pres. Bush's campaign visit in Erie.

And, how could I have forgotten that John Kerry himself fliped me off.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 12:42:07 AM »

Why haven't I heard this story? Cheesy
danwxman

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2005, 12:46:13 AM »

George Bush killed my father and raped my mother. Sad

Oh, and he eats babies.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005, 01:15:05 AM »

Why haven't I heard this story? Cheesy

I don't know, but I have told it before.

When Kerry came to my area in May, 2004 he went to a local college in Edinboro, PA, which is only about 15 miles outside of Erie.  They were having an indoor event there, so all the Bush supporters were gathered outside to "welcome" him.  Really, we went doing anything wrong, we just holding up Bush signs.

Anyway, his motorcade came in and a we could see, as the sun caught it just right, a tall, lanky, long faced man, giving us the finger.  This was acctually confirmed by the secret service agent who had been assigned to keep us away from the motorcade, and who also expressed his dislike for Kerry.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005, 01:23:59 AM »

Yep!  Harrassed.  And they got it back in spades.  I drove one candidate out of the by campaining for the other guy right in front of him.

Then there was the candidate who asked why I was handing out things to Democrats.  I explained to him that not only was my candidate running for the Republican nomination, but that she was running a massive write-in campaign for the Democratic nomination.  It took him full five minutes to understand what was happening.  I've never seen anyone so stunned on the campaign trail.

I never threatened violence or was hostile; boy, that destroyed them.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2005, 04:29:00 AM »

Nope. I was walking in downtown Tacoma after getting a sign from the local Kerry HQ a few months ago. Some guy on a bike saw the sign and yelled "hell yeah, man!" while passing by. If that counts.

One time I gave the thumbs-up out of a car window to a group of people holding "Re-elect Ida Chong" signs.  It was hardcore.

Damn Liberals...
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2005, 06:24:46 AM »

I've never volunteered for a campaign, but I expect that comes with the territory.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2005, 07:49:41 AM »

Volunterring for a campaign?  If so, what happend and how did you respond?

Never! When I'm campaigning I go on charm offensive as much as anything else. I've known Tories' vote for me Wink !

Dave
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 07:52:24 AM »

I have politely listened as people cursed the party I was distributing leaflets for, but that's about it.
MissCatholic

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 11:14:29 AM »

I`m quite intense when i campaign. I`ve had my car damaged by Republicans. If someone tells you to leave their property then thats their right. you cant argue with them. you just walk away. pointless wasting your time with them. its when the crazies start shouting at you in the middle of the street in a quite area. you dont know who looks bad you or the crazy.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 11:55:51 AM »

No ... although one of my conservative friends wanted to fight with me when I asked him if he thought Bush could spell potato.
MissCatholic

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 12:05:16 PM »

No ... although one of my conservative friends wanted to fight with me when I asked him if he thought Bush could spell potato.

lol - i onced asked a republican in Racine whether or not he could help Bush complete his rooster puzzle from Kellogs when Bush comes into town next week. Got a very bad look!
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 09:08:38 PM »

Yes. I remember one event in particular. There have been others and it shouldn't come as a surprise. I'm a Republican in Philadelphia. That stuff is going to happen. But here's the one event...

I was doing a sign wave for Brown on a major roadway near a Schwartz event. Some guy pulls up, getting ready to turn into the parking lot for the Schwartz event. I recognized that there were people going to the event and since I don't look for trouble, I just went about waving the Brown for Congress sign (even as Schwartz supporters kept throwing the great insult that we - my friend and I - were "stupid"). Instead of acting mature like most of the people going to the event, this person decides to start with me. I forget how it started off but I will always remember what he said to me.

You have to realize that Section 8 housing reform is an issue in NE Philly. Democrats like to make Republicans out to be racists for bringing it up. That is what this clown was trying to do with me. Now I forgot to mention that this person was in mis 40s with a child (who was anywhere between 7 and 10) right next to him. His comment to me: "You're a piece of right wing scum. What do you want next? Do you want to bring back segregation." This whole time I had never said a word to him and those were his words.

I wanted to respond but stuck my sign closer to his car. Something was telling me that this guy wasn't from around the neighborhood though. I backed up a bit to catch a glimpse of the front of his car and what do I see? A beautiful Maryland license plate. The few words I mentioned to that low life were, "Go back to Maryland." He was on fire with anger. It made my day. I am about 90% sure that he was an employee for some Democratic member of Congress who was asked to help at the event since Pelosi was there.

Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 09:15:55 PM »

Never, but I'm not exactly suprised. Democrats around here aren't the far-left vocal types. Though when I was attending a Bush rally and walking out, these people were protesting some veteran's hopsital closing. That's the closest I've come.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies