Rick Santorum says we shouldn't accept Christian Refugees either.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 05:03:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rick Santorum says we shouldn't accept Christian Refugees either.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rick Santorum says we shouldn't accept Christian Refugees either.  (Read 654 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:57:49 AM »

ISIS wants Non-Muslims and Muslims to turn on each other so ISIS can get more recruits, that is what ISIS wants. ISIS has killed many more times Muslims than Non-Muslims since they view "fake Muslims" (i.e any Muslim who doesn't hold their radical warped views) as a bigger threat than non-Muslims.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/11/19/rick-santorum-accepting-christian-refugees-from-syria-into-the-u-s-is-exactly-what-isis-wants/
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:00:18 AM »

Santorum has really gone nuts with regards to foreign policy in recent weeks. I mean:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

C'mon man.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »

We should not accept refugees based on their religion. That's not what America is about.

So if you want to make the argument that we should err on the side of caution and not accept Syrian refugees at this time (a position I favor), it follows that you don't accept any refugees from that country.

As to driving a wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims, the rift that's most problematic at the moment is the one that exists between Shias and Sunnis. Unfortunately, that's an issue that's not going away anytime soon, and there's really nothing we can do about it.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 01:34:51 PM »

We should not accept refugees based on their religion. That's not what America is about.

So if you want to make the argument that we should err on the side of caution and not accept Syrian refugees at this time (a position I favor), it follows that you don't accept any refugees from that country.

As to driving a wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims, the rift that's most problematic at the moment is the one that exists between Shias and Sunnis. Unfortunately, that's an issue that's not going away anytime soon, and there's really nothing we can do about it.

In this case, the religion of the refugees is inextricably intertwined with their politics, and their views toward America. 
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 11:31:26 AM »

In this case, the religion of the refugees is inextricably intertwined with their politics, and their views toward America. 

Even making a plausible argument that that's the case, I still fail to see how you can ensure an accurate litmus test for religious beliefs, and how applying such a test to filter potentially problematic people is anything but a bad idea. It would set a truly warped precedent. I would much rather see us trying to address the problem at the source, by enabling safe zones within Syria in an attempt to stem the tide of people fleeing the country.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies