Hillary: Muslims Have Nothing To do With Terrorism
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 02:09:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hillary: Muslims Have Nothing To do With Terrorism
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Hillary: Muslims Have Nothing To do With Terrorism  (Read 4028 times)
bobloblaw
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 19, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/667371059885301761

The comments on twitter are priceless. The woman is a loon. One Clinton follower named Jordan insists that ISIS doesnt have a religious requirement and will take anyone. Most twitter posts mock Hillary.

I guess this is one of those moments when Huma said Hillary gets confused.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 03:14:28 PM »

Admittedly not a wise way to phrase the point she was trying to make, and I think it was a bad idea to memorialize it on twitter. Islam may not be about terrorism, but yeah... "Muslims have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism"? Uh, some Muslims are terrorists, Madam Secretary. It would be just as absurd to say Christians have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism. These absolutes are a problem.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 03:19:22 PM »

The Democrats are absolutely terrible when having to run in a national security election. They don't know what to say, they overstate legitimate points, and they come off as "Weak on terror". This is why the Republicans can't afford a Trump nomination - because he could actually win.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 03:21:50 PM »

I think that the point she's trying to make is that most muslims are peaceful, and that Islam doesn't cause people to be terrorists.  Admittedly, this was a poor way to put it, but twitter isn't exactly the ideal medium for discussion.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »

A national security election won't benefit Trump, the entire campaign will expose what a buffoon he is. Does the GOP think he can actually not make a stupid comment every 24 hours?
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 04:02:31 PM »

A national security election won't benefit Trump, the entire campaign will expose what a buffoon he is. Does the GOP think he can actually not make a stupid comment every 24 hours?

The question is does ~50% of the population like those stupid comments.
dudeabides
Tuvalu
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »

She's not only a criminal, she is a delusional and stupid person.
bobloblaw
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

I think that the point she's trying to make is that most muslims are peaceful, and that Islam doesn't cause people to be terrorists.  Admittedly, this was a poor way to put it, but twitter isn't exactly the ideal medium for discussion.

Good point and this highlights Hillary's 21st century tech ignorance. In 2008, she ran a 1992 campaign with direct mail. In other words, what Phyllis Schafly did in 1964.
bobloblaw
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 04:07:16 PM »

She's not only a criminal, she is a delusional and stupid person.

Now that youve given up on Bush, Im starting to like you.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 04:08:12 PM »

I told you. She is losing it.
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2015, 04:15:09 PM by EliteLX »

Christ on a cracker she is either clinically delusional or really really needs some extra votes.

The Islamic faith at it's core level is one of the most intolerant and dangerous faiths around. There is a reason radical leftists like Bill Maher who don't have to worry about a general election aren't afraid to tell it like it is. Modernized and educated Islam is usually not a problem statistics wise but there is a reason geographically wherever people subscribe to taking their Islamic faith fundamentally it's a hell hole and a half because they actually believe it and are convicted enough to strap a bomb to their kid or themselves and let him run out in public for the will of God.
bobloblaw
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 04:09:36 PM »

Good point and this highlights Hillary's 21st century tech ignorance. In 2008, she ran a campaign with direct mail. In other words she did in 2008, what Phyllis Schafly did in 1964.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 04:14:27 PM »

Nice to see Atlas Republicans jumping on the Islamophobia train. Hillary has more foreign policy experience than all the major Republican candidates combined.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:05 PM »

This forum is so racist lol
bobloblaw
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:45 PM »

Nice to see Atlas Republicans jumping on the Islamophobia train. Hillary has more foreign policy experience than all the major Republican candidates combined.

EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 04:15:59 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2015, 04:26:46 PM by EliteLX »

I am so beyond convinced you do not actually understand what racism means lol.

You have a right to be afraid of fundamentalist Islam when you peak around the Quran. I find it so ironic seeing liberals suck the ass of a religion that's fundamentally strives against literally every liberal principle established, but whine and cry when a cross glows during Christmas time at a parade.

One of yours truly, Dems:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmsizzCDlk
bobloblaw
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 04:16:28 PM »

Well her 70 year old brain is failing
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 04:17:32 PM »

Must be hard going through life seeing racism and sexism everywhere you look.
bobloblaw
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 04:18:07 PM »

Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 04:18:58 PM »

Must be hard going through life seeing racism and sexism everywhere you look.

Yeah it's actually pretty sh**t not being a white dude in America.

Not that this forum would know.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »

There's a difference between criticizing someone's religious beliefs and a blanket condemnation of that entire religion.  Its the difference between saying 'Christians are morons' and 'Young earth creationists are ignorant and wrong'. 
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2015, 04:32:45 PM »

There's a difference between criticizing someone's religious beliefs and a blanket condemnation of that entire religion.  Its the difference between saying 'Christians are morons' and 'Young earth creationists are ignorant and wrong'. 

There is no difference between the two.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2015, 04:36:33 PM »

Nobody would accuse me of being a fan of Islam.

But, what do we gain from "calling out" muslims?  It seems to me that it's up to muslims whether Islam is at war with us.  Whether we like it or not, there are a ton of muslims in the world, right?  If we have a large group of them who are peaceful and don't mean us harm, we should acknowledge that.

Religion is a touchy subject.  It pays to be diplomatic, or at least be precise with your language.  We have a problem with the actions and beliefs of some muslims.  Talk about those actions and beliefs, instead of tying to turn it into a holy war.  That only serves the interests of ISIS.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2015, 04:46:29 PM »

Yeah, no one has ever been able to explain to me what Republicans' obsession with calling it "radical Islam" is, other than Islamophobia. I mean, I sometimes call it that myself, but it's not something I particularly care about.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2015, 04:47:43 PM »
« Edited: November 19, 2015, 04:49:25 PM by Mehmentum »

There's a difference between criticizing someone's religious beliefs and a blanket condemnation of that entire religion.  Its the difference between saying 'Christians are morons' and 'Young earth creationists are ignorant and wrong'.  

There is no difference between the two.
I love how you don't even attempt to back it up.

The irony of it is if you follow this logic, that a religion is horrible based on the things to worst people of that religion have done in the name of god, then literally every single religion is horrible.  That's why the atheists you guys are quoting are saying this, because the unavoidable conclusion from following this logic is that every religion evil.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies