College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 07:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22
Author Topic: College Students Are Ridiculously Infuriating Safe-Space/Mega-thread  (Read 54930 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: September 19, 2017, 03:04:31 PM »

this thread really brings out the edge in a certain type don't it?  Get them points in boys, you'll be cool soon!
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #501 on: September 19, 2017, 06:18:32 PM »

The only safe space 99% of students care about is a safe space to have sex without roommates catching them. Conservatives who whine more about SJWs on tumblr than the environment being destroyed are a joke.

Wrong

I left the left because I was on the wrong end of the SJW cohort in university.  Being pro-choice while accepting life begins at conception made me a "sexist, misogynist" in their eyes.  Also, dare not to try to explain why because then you are exhibiting the "micro aggression of male privilege".

The SJW cohort is real and larger than everyone would want to believe. 

This thread/forum are not a safe space for you to vent your victimization stories. Please stay true to the thread's intentions for the sake of everyone else.

So what happens on a University campus regarding SJWs isn't true to the intentions of a thread about colleges and their safe space loving SJWs?
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #502 on: September 19, 2017, 06:21:41 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 06:52:41 PM by TXMichael »

The only safe space 99% of students care about is a safe space to have sex without roommates catching them. Conservatives who whine more about SJWs on tumblr than the environment being destroyed are a joke.

Wrong

I left the left because I was on the wrong end of the SJW cohort in university.  Being pro-choice while accepting life begins at conception made me a "sexist, misogynist" in their eyes.  Also, dare not to try to explain why because then you are exhibiting the "micro aggression of male privilege".

This thread/forum are not a safe space for you to vent your victimization stories. Please stay true to the thread's intentions for the sake of everyone else.
Who the hell are you to decide what the "point" of a thread is lol?

Uh, I said for the sake of everyone else, as I assume it's uninteresting to most people to hear about Michael's experiences of some activists in college being mean to him.

We have a Forum Community board for a reason.

Its actually about the SJW crowd trying to shut down freedom of speech by throwing the words sexist/bigot/racist/xenophobe/islamophobe to anyone even if they agree with the policy, albeit from a different perspective.  You know, the intention of the thread regarding the safe spaces on University campuses.  The idea that people have to come to the same policy conclusions from identical perspectives is the epitome of the social thought police.  
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #503 on: September 19, 2017, 10:23:21 PM »

this thread really brings out the edge in a certain type don't it?  Get them points in boys, you'll be cool soon!

Oh the irony.....
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #504 on: September 19, 2017, 10:29:23 PM »

Wrong

I left the left because I was on the wrong end of the SJW cohort in university.  Being pro-choice while accepting life begins at conception made me a "sexist, misogynist" in their eyes.  Also, dare not to try to explain why because then you are exhibiting the "micro aggression of male privilege".

Who the hell are you to decide what the "point" of a thread is lol?

Uh, I said for the sake of everyone else, as I assume it's uninteresting to most people to hear about Michael's experiences of some activists in college being mean to him.

We have a Forum Community board for a reason.
Hopefully not for my sake. 
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #505 on: September 19, 2017, 10:35:19 PM »
« Edited: September 19, 2017, 10:50:11 PM by Jacobin American »

Wrong

I left the left because I was on the wrong end of the SJW cohort in university.  Being pro-choice while accepting life begins at conception made me a "sexist, misogynist" in their eyes.  Also, dare not to try to explain why because then you are exhibiting the "micro aggression of male privilege".

Get laid my man.

In case you were feeling left out, my guy...

publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: September 20, 2017, 01:47:46 AM »

Imagine being so mad that women keep beating you in arguments that you became a libertarian.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #507 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:36 AM »
« Edited: September 20, 2017, 07:18:34 AM by The_Texas_Libertarian »

Imagine being so mad that women keep beating you in arguments that you became a libertarian.

That's an odd statement because there was no argument.  I agree with them that abortion should be legal.  Their smug attitude is probably why Johnson and Stein had a massive vote increase, largely at Hillary's expense.  I'm certainly convinced the new left is why Trump was able to eek out a win.  But go ahead, keep pretending the new base of the Democratic party is helping by rioting on campuses, and shouting racist as every other word

Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #508 on: September 20, 2017, 04:50:29 PM »

Could a moderator please change the title of this thread to "Everyone I disagree with is a big stupid poopoo head"?
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #509 on: September 20, 2017, 04:55:04 PM »

That's an odd statement because there was no argument.  I agree with them that abortion should be legal.  Their smug attitude is probably why Johnson and Stein had a massive vote increase, largely at Hillary's expense.  I'm certainly convinced the new left is why Trump was able to eek out a win.  But go ahead, keep pretending the new base of the Democratic party is helping by rioting on campuses, and shouting racist as every other word

Thank god you're not a political scientist.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #510 on: September 20, 2017, 07:15:55 PM »

"Some people were assholes to me in college, therefore I'm going to completely change my party and political outlook." Real logical. Also lol@not voting for Hillary Clinton because some people were jerks to you for having basically the exact same position on abortion as Hillary Clinton.

Also lol@the idea that people voted for Jill Stein because they were pissed at kooky leftists.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #511 on: September 20, 2017, 07:30:08 PM »

University Politics clearly are very important guys
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #512 on: September 20, 2017, 07:55:51 PM »

University Politics clearly are very important guys

Would this even qualify as university politics? This is more along the lines of changing your party and real life vote because of someone's behavior in Atlasia.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #513 on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:38 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2017, 02:07:49 AM by Senator Scott, PPT »

Wrong

Get laid my man.

Oh so this is a sexuality now.  Cool.

I'm straight but I purposely abstain from both romantic and sexual relationships because I have autism, PTSD, and clinical depression (=bad combo for any relationship).  What's my special flag?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #514 on: September 21, 2017, 02:08:00 AM »

Wrong

Get laid my man.

Oh so this is a sexuality now.  Cool.

I'm straight but I purposely abstain from both romantic and sexual relationships because I have autism, PTSD, and clinical depression (=bad combo for any relationship).  Where's my special flag?

That's a joke Tumblr and incel is basically just a clever way of saying "chronically unf**ckable" 

What you describe is Voluntary Celibacy or VolCel, by the way. The counterpart to incel.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #515 on: September 21, 2017, 03:00:04 AM »

I blame the anti-bullying message in K-12. After spending all their life being told that anything that offends them is "bullying", of course they're going to expect society to keep protecting them from "bullying" later in life.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #516 on: September 21, 2017, 05:53:13 AM »

What is the correct language to use in this case, I know the SJWs like it very specific.  Looks like I forgot the trigger warning to keep you all protected in your safe space from the microaggression of the patriarchy privilege.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #517 on: September 21, 2017, 05:54:34 AM »

Thank god you're not a political scientist.

Everyone on atlas is a psuedo-political scientist.  But yes, the regressive left certainly cost the Dems in 2016.
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #518 on: September 21, 2017, 05:58:36 AM »

"Some people were assholes to me in college, therefore I'm going to completely change my party and political outlook." Real logical. Also lol@not voting for Hillary Clinton because some people were jerks to you for having basically the exact same position on abortion as Hillary Clinton.

Also lol@the idea that people voted for Jill Stein because they were pissed at kooky leftists.

Not quite.  I changed my mind on quite a few issues over the last several years, back in '08 I would have even voted for Hillary had she received the nomination.  In 2012 I was probably the furthest left in my life, although I wasn't an SJW, hence the Jill Stein vote.  Although now in retrospect it is rather humorous that I believed such whacked out ideas.
IceAgeComing
United Kingdom

« Reply #519 on: September 21, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »

What is the correct language to use in this case, I know the SJWs like it very specific.  Looks like I forgot the trigger warning to keep you all protected in your safe space from the microaggression of the patriarchy privilege.

Dude this is like so 2014; get with the times man!  In order to facilitate this I'd also recommend not watching the gormless eejits

You're also forgetting the most important point in all this - student politics, campus politics, university politics - whatever you call this - is totally irrelevant in the wider world and always has been bad, no matter how much some try to push it as this big thing that alienates REAL AMERICANS or whatever.  In the real world all of these people, especially those that define their entire political ideas based on opposing people who at heart are trying to do good things for the world, are irrelevant and not important in how normal people think.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #520 on: September 21, 2017, 06:47:56 AM »

Also the vast majority of the touted white working class who swung so heavily to Trump, you know, NON-college educated whites, aren't even aware of this type of junk.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #521 on: September 21, 2017, 08:28:48 AM »

In all fairness, I don't think one should entirely dismiss the idea these moronic events had on the wider election, what with the media focus on them. Remember how easily the Democratic Party back in the day was linked with acid, draft dodgers, the SDS etc. even if at the time it was a rather staid organisation of union bureaucrats and old New Deal defenders.

People (and the media) have an awful lot of interest in this sort of stuff - actual issues of economics, healthcare, foreign affairs etc have devolved into such murky technocracy thats it's easier to get swept up in ultimately meaningless garbage like "omg the she agenda?!!!!!!".
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #522 on: September 21, 2017, 08:43:29 AM »

What is the correct language to use in this case, I know the SJWs like it very specific.  Looks like I forgot the trigger warning to keep you all protected in your safe space from the microaggression of the patriarchy privilege.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #523 on: September 21, 2017, 11:14:36 AM »

Wow. You're doing a very bad job, son
The_Texas_Libertarian
TXMichael
United States

« Reply #524 on: September 22, 2017, 05:07:41 PM »

Wow. You're doing a very bad job, son

I knew I'd mess it up!  Oh well tough luck
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies