Paris Attacks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:02:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Paris Attacks
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14
Author Topic: Paris Attacks  (Read 35077 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: November 14, 2015, 06:15:12 AM »

What is there to say. Awful. Sad
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #201 on: November 14, 2015, 06:23:42 AM »

Meanwhile, one suspect has been arrested today at 8am near Rosenheim, Bavaria (Germany) in a car full of weapons, machine guns and some kilograms of explosives.

This is only about 30 miles away from where I live.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #202 on: November 14, 2015, 06:40:02 AM »

ISIS killed 178+ people between Paris and Beirut in jusat a few hours,
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: November 14, 2015, 06:46:30 AM »

The Syria conference in Vienna has just started and the area around the Hotel Imperial is sealed off completely and protected by Austrian SWAT ("Cobra") teams, the Secret Service and others.
Bunwahaha [still dunno why, but well, so be it]
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #204 on: November 14, 2015, 06:57:54 AM »

So yeah, the IS claims it.

Hollande had already attributed to them anyhow...

Thanks for having displayed the whole 'official communicate'.

No matter that are actually them or them taking benefit from it, it's  crazy how they manage to have an always so efficient communication, they know what to say, and they know how to say it.

They know how to scare people and they know how to seduce the 'seduceable'.

Nothing like waking up with the sound of the president saying the country is at war...

3 days of national mourning.

And Hollande speaking about something 'organized from abroad with the complicity of people inside'.

And Sarkozy speaking as if he was still president and as if he was about to take jet annd bomb the IS all over.

And f**k, welcome in a 'country at war':

Now, it's war

War in the core of Paris

Libération isn't much sober either:

Paradoxally, it's L'Equipe, biggest French paper (sports one...) that remains the most sober:

It's true that it looks like a war scene, but f**k we really don't need to excite people with that, we don't nee it at all.

And well, I also must say that I kinda have been surprised by what happened in Russia, apparently big enough (hopefully spontaneous) mournings outthere.

And still about Russia, an Islamist terrorism 'expert', said something that might not be irrelevant, it might be the late very heavy Russian bombing of Russia that might have urged the IS to take act.

Anyhow, while police was still hesitating between 7 and 8 guys, the IS directly speaks about 8 guys, then they might have 'good infos'...

Apparently in their communicate they also spot France as the 'biggest cruisader of Europe' (which from their point of view historically and contemporarily is right), and speak about the France-Germany football match as a good occasion to strike two cruisaders in the same time.

No decision taken about next France-England football match.

If that's effectively something totally driven by the IS from Syria, then, f**king kudos, they take a new scale, both for their communication and their abilities. 'Good job'.

That being said, while the Bataclan group seemed like total pros, the Stade de France one looks like total amateurs, they would have made only one victim outside of themselves.

Last infos:

2 vehicles would have been used, one found back, other being searched.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #205 on: November 14, 2015, 07:23:34 AM »

A Syrian passport would have been found close to a dead terrorist.

If that's true, that would be 'new' here, usually that are our good old beloved maghrebi guys who do stuffs like that...
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #206 on: November 14, 2015, 07:33:20 AM »

Ok, some big Parisian shops (stuffs of the Harrod's kind) decide to shut, same for the luxury shops.

U2 says how they love so much Parisians and so on, but, they cancel their concert tonight, haven't taken a decision for tommorow's.

Soprano, a popular French rapper about which I spoke in the thread of Comoros canceled his too, unless it's the concert place that did it, dunno.

Anyways I'd repost one of his songs here, find it fitting:

Puisqu'il faut vivre

(Cause you need to live)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #207 on: November 14, 2015, 07:56:00 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2015, 08:24:38 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Ok, it continues, big Parisian cinemas shut now...

Hollande just called Al Sisi.

Oh and an other 'obvious' consequence, I just hear about a Polish minister taking advantage of it to justify to shut the country to all immigrants.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »

Hey, you won't see a big march in Paris soon this time.

Police prefecture decides to forbid all gatherings on public places in the whole Parisian agglomeration till at least 19th November...
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »

Police prefecture decides to forbid all gatherings on public places in the whole Parisian agglomeration till at least 19th November...

To be honest, a march could be just another opportunity for someone to plant a bomb (Boston, etc.)
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2015, 08:48:31 AM »

To be honest, a march could be just another opportunity for someone to plant a bomb (Boston, etc.)

That's effectively the reason, and you can effectively find it relevant,but to be honnest too, why didn't it happen after Charlie then?

Gosh, after Charlie there was some spontaneous big ones everyday, but the biggest one, that was only 4 days after, had even been called, and more or less organized at least for Paris, by the president.

I haven't been outside till now, but, after Charlie, it was the shock and emotions that dominated, it was really something something harmful, so far, I'd say that now what dominates is more anger and 'war path'. F**k it, 'good job again.

But still, I'd tend to think that people know that they take risk when they gather on public places, it should be up to them to decide whether they can express their emotions publicly or not.

During Charlie, it was a very spontaneous (the pace and density of demonstrations actually were crazy, it was like one quarter of the population of each city, and even a good deal of small villages) answer from the population. Now seems only an answer from the State is allowed.

Tougher at all levels.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #211 on: November 14, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »

Well during Charlie, the terrorists had a target and a goal, to kill the staff of Charlie Hebdo. That made it slightly less likely they were going to go after other random people.

In this case, the terrorists are just trying to kill as many people as possible. So it makes sense that rallies now would be more under threat.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #212 on: November 14, 2015, 09:36:49 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2015, 09:38:56 AM by Benwah [why on Earth do I post something] Courseyay »

Well during Charlie, the terrorists had a target and a goal, to kill the staff of Charlie Hebdo. That made it slightly less likely they were going to go after other random people.

In this case, the terrorists are just trying to kill as many people as possible. So it makes sense that rallies now would be more under threat.

Hmm, sorry but no, there really was nothing clearr after Charlie.

First, totally unexpected shock.

Then, remember how it happened?

The guys fled by car, and during 2 days we had no clue where they were, that now was risky.

Plus, keep remembering, I wake up with itélé in front of me on Thursday morning, it might be around 10 am, and a short after waking up, what do I hear?

A guy with machine gun shot a cop right next to Paris.

Oho.

The guy fled too, no clue where he has been.

F**k, no more news about them during that whole Thursday.

Frriday, I wake up in frront of BFM TV that time, 9 am, hey, what's going on, we're in a car that heads toward eastern Parisian suburb, the 2 first Charlie killers would have been spoted them, wow.

Oh, wait, wait, f**k, something happening on Eastern Paris too, oh f**k, it's a Jewish supermarket, indeed it would turn bad there too.

Hey, what happens? A guy is taking hostages would have killed several already, machine gun, grenades maybe.

Hey wait, we're sure it's the guy that killed the cop yesterday, f**********k, how will it end.

Wait, wait, wait, the 2 other Charlie guys would taken hostages in Eastern Paris too, oh f*************k.

That's about it, and the both have been piled in the same time at 17h on Friday.

And it's only after those 3 crazy days that it seemed relatively safe...

See, maybe it would have been relevant there too.

The new things here are:

1st, the 'profesionalization' (or at least the apparent one).

2nd, the death toll, heaviest one in France for a terror attack, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this country had some experience with that.

3rd, the practices, first time suicide bombing happens in France.

4th, the organization behind it, it might be the nastiest thing on Earth nowadays, which is on a growing pace moreover.

And well, 5th, the repetition, it comes after that preceding big shock.

I'd say in both cases you can argue for curfew measures.

But, in both cases, you can argue against too...
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #213 on: November 14, 2015, 09:52:03 AM »

Jesus.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #214 on: November 14, 2015, 09:58:34 AM »

Percolating its way around the internets is this:

Quite like it.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #215 on: November 14, 2015, 10:02:02 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

When aggressors do the bidding of foreign powers by killing people and breaking things in your country you are at war.  It is not something you get to vote on.  France and most of the EU in general has played the nice guy and accepted ISIS' refugees at great personal cost.  That didn't solve the problem.  You can't just have everyone in the Middle East move to Europe and assume that what is happening in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Lebanon, Palestine, etc will just burn itself out and cause you no more troubles.  France, the EU, NATO, and the UN need to come up with a plan for the Middle East.  This craziness has gone on for too long.
tsionebreicruoc
Junior Chimp
France

« Reply #216 on: November 14, 2015, 10:32:15 AM »

I came here to speak about a smiling thing and there it went...

It's not because a bunch of guys, or even a few thousands far away, decide to drag you on the war path that you have to be silly enough to follow their 'advice'...

It's been a proud glorious thing in Afghanistan after 9/11, right?

The US did just what that other bunch of guys far in the world wished them to do, they managed to move the biggest army in the world in something about which they still don't know how to get out 14 years later. Brilliant, from both sides.

Some guys made a war scene, now we have to neutralize them in order they don't do that again.

I prefer that than WAR! WAR! WAR!', something like that, you know...

Concretely it's very hard, and would have nothing to do with the refugee crisis, a refugee crisis which has been...precisely...provoked by both an other 'WAR! WAR! WAR!' in Iraq, remember what happened in 2003?

And by a totally coward absence of intervention latter in a neighbouring country, the lady in my sig is beautiful, isn't she? but don't focus on it only, watch the 4th line of my sig, and you might know what I mean.

And now, our proud innocent Western countries wouldn't have any responsibility in all of that?

Then the chronology looks more like:

Foreign intervention - Iraq
Foreign abandon - Syria
New 'state' - The IS

Consequences:

A wonderful new homeland for international terrorism, and the biggest refugee crisis since, when? 'invasions barbares'?

Then maybe better be 'cautious' with all those notions eventually.

And now that we gloriously dragged ourselves in such a pitiful mess, I really cant tell about solutions, but when it comes to 'WAR! WAR! WAR!', look, as a guy on radio said this morning, it might due to the late heavy Russian bombing that could excited still more those already excited guys, and did it really had significative results on the gournd? Well, yeah they also manage to screw the sane ones, kudos.

Personally, I can defend a war option overthere, but heck, all of this would show that it has to be caustiously studied, no? And one more time I really haven't a ready solution to come with personally so far.

Don't worry though, seems some people could be less cautious than me...

Well, smiling things now!

Well, just, I had heard that the national German football team had prefered to spend the night in Stade de France vestiaries rather than going back to their hostel. ^^

Hey, kinda understandable, especially when you know that, earlier in the day, there had been a bomb alert in their 1st hostel, which made them move to a 2nd one, and then, well, vestiaries.

Yesterday was really odd before all of that, because more than this bomb alert in their hostel, there had also been an other bomb alert in what might be the 2nd Parisian station, the Gare de Lyon (when you know that 1st one is the biggest one in Europe, it can give a clue about the stuff) and iirc it's even been fully evacuated during a while.

I would really be curious to know whether those events swould be connected with what happened ('lol' when I heard that I was thinking, 'bomb alert aree silly, someone who put a bomb wouldn't warn you before, or would ask something, as it happens with hostages, why do they take it seriously', and well, hey...).

Oh and, thankfully gatherings aree only forbidden to Paris area, I just heard a gathering of several hundreds people happened in Toulouse.

And well, I heard that someone draw a big peace and love sign on the floor of the Place du Capitole (biggest square), well, I hope it was an as pleeasant one than the one that has been posted here. Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #217 on: November 14, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »

And... now there's a train crash.
Taco Truck 🚚
Schadenfreude
« Reply #218 on: November 14, 2015, 10:52:37 AM »

I came here to speak about a smiling thing and there it went...

It's not because a bunch of guys, or even a few thousands far away, decide to drag you on the war path that you have to be silly enough to follow their 'advice'...

It's been a proud glorious thing in Afghanistan after 9/11, right?

Are you saying you wish the United States didn't get dragged into WWII?  Or am I misunderstanding you?

Simply saying war has been declared on us does not define what your response is.  War has been declared an infinite number of times throughout history.  There have been an infinite number of responses some violent some diplomatic.  And there have been an infinite number of outcomes... some good, some bad.  But burying your head in the sand usually doesn't result in good things.  It's nice that the EU in general opened its doors and gave a ton of refugees a comfortable pillow to lay their heads upon but that isn't going to solve the problem.  You are taking a paracetamol for a broken leg.  Time to deal with that broken leg... and, no, amputation is not the only solution.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: November 14, 2015, 11:06:22 AM »

5 Austrians from a band were at the Bataclan club during the attack.

1 is in a critical condition (suffered a stomach-shot) and the other 4 are unharmed.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #220 on: November 14, 2015, 11:15:54 AM »

Source?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »

Being reported that the lovely people who did this thing constituted a 'self-contained cell' (these are the exact words being used) that had been to (and returned from o/c) Syria together.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »

Anyone who wants to troll can GTFO or DIAF. Thanks.
Clyde1998
United Kingdom

« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2015, 12:34:03 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34822666
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2015, 12:37:35 PM »

Appears completely unrelated to last night's terror, at least at this time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies