2nd Parliament of South America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:24:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  2nd Parliament of South America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Parliament of South America  (Read 19137 times)
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« on: November 11, 2015, 11:05:39 PM »

I rise this evening as the first Member of this Honorable House to speak in the new session.

For the House's general interest, I would like to inform Honorable Members, and in particular the Government, that I have unlocked all threads relating to the operation of the Parliament that were created by me in my capacity as Speaker of the Parliament.

This Parliament, the greatest body in our democratic institutions, is once again sitting and it must now deal with a Conservative Government free and independent of any coalition partner or agreements.  What will this new Government produce?  What will come of this Parliament?

It is with great excitement that I ask these questions, and it is will great vigor that the Members of the House on the opposition benches, and in particular in the Social Liberals, will probe, investigate, and question the Government.

We will support policies in the interest of the people and of the nation; we will oppose policies that run contrary to the best interests of those groups.

It is the expectation and the duty of the Government to govern; it is also the expectation and the duty of opposition parties to hold the Government to account before the Parliament.

It is the duty of all Honorable Members to act at all times in the greater interests of the people who have elected us to represent them in this place.  May all of our deliberations and decisions be guided by that fact and that mission.

I look forward to the months ahead.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:43:12 PM »

Per the Standing orders.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 05:55:20 PM »

It would appear that Simfan has been elected Speaker. Congratulations, Mr. Speaker!
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 12:26:57 PM »

I can speak on behalf of the Social Liberals in that we have no objection to the granting of leave.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 10:04:11 PM »

Abstain
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I inform the House that I will be on leave of the House until Monday, December 7. 
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 11:02:29 PM »

I think that's an excellent idea.  There is definitely pressure on everyone at this time of year, and it's silly to expect the game to continue unaffected by that.  I would note that the presidential election is due to be held this month as well.
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »

Aye.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies