2nd Parliament of South America (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:28:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  2nd Parliament of South America (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2nd Parliament of South America  (Read 19142 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: November 12, 2015, 11:36:40 AM »

It is with great pride that I nominate Simfan for Speaker.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 06:15:13 PM »

Congratulations, Simfan, and thank you, Barnes, for your sterling service in the position in the last session.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:40:06 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

If there are no objections, which I assume is the case, I would ask the house for leave that we adopt the resolution by unanimous consent and move on to a confidence vote on the new administration.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 11:52:35 AM »

Mr. Speaker,

The last government did important work in laying the foundation for this game. It is work that will endure, and I am enormously proud that I was part of it. I would echo the Prime Minister's words on Election Night in thanking all those who made it a success, particularly our erstwhile coalition partners in the Social Liberals.

In the election, the people of South  America gave the Conservatives a strong mandate to lead and implement our manifesto, which lays out a comprehensive plan for South America's future. It is as a result of that strong mandate that the President has advised Potus to continue in office as Prime Minister and to seek the confidence of the house. I am humbled to have been appointed deputy prime minister in addition to my work as Minister for Justice.

Our program for government, put before the people, was deep and comprehensive. Continuing the process of ever closer union for our peoples, harmonizing tax rates in a progressive but business-friendly manner, healing our relationship with Atlasia, protecting our nation with a strong, united defense, and establishing a detailed and strong social protection safety net.

With great ministers like Dereich as the reforming Chancellor, Bacon King as the talented Foreign Secretary, the brilliant Sanchez at Social Protection and the rising star Goldwater at the Infrastructure department, I am looking forward to the road ahead with optimism and confidence. For my own part, I am at work on important criminal justice legislation to get our courts moving, an item of business that will be laid before the house for debate within days.

A minority government presents new challenges, and new opportunities. All of us in the Conservative Party know that it will not always be easy. We will have to work closely with and consult with the opposition on every bill we propose. I believe that this will not lead to gridlock and obstruction, but to better laws and better government.

It will be a government that has learned from the last few months and a government with the experience to lead. We will be humble and we will listen.

I move for a vote.

Thank you.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 09:16:13 AM »

AYE.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 04:24:22 PM »

I thank the honourable members who abstained and allowed us the opportunity to govern. The work now begins.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I'm afraid I must inform the House that I will be absent until a week from now, the 11th of this month. I will endeavour to find a pairing arrangement so that the work of the government can continue efficiently.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 01:57:38 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

I have returned from my period of leave. I trust there wasn't too much collapsing scenery in my absence. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »

One distinctly gets the impression, Mr. Speaker, that a holiday recess in a week or so might be appropriate. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 01:51:57 PM »

Mr. Speaker,

Given the season I think it would behove this Parliament to recess until the New Year, to allow honourable members and their staff from all sides of the house to rest, recuperate and return refreshed and ready to get back to work for the people of South America.

I move that we recess until January 4th, 2016.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 08:47:02 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies