NE: Confirmation Hearing of Pikachu (Labor Secretary)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NE: Confirmation Hearing of Pikachu (Labor Secretary)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NE: Confirmation Hearing of Pikachu (Labor Secretary)  (Read 209 times)
Former Lincoln Assemblyman & Lt. Gov. RGN
RGN08
Philippines

Political Matrix
E: 2.31, S: 4.47

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 01, 2015, 07:57:41 PM »
« edited: November 01, 2015, 08:01:55 PM by NE Speaker RGN (Fed-NY) »

Confirmation hearing of Pikachu for the position of Labor Secretary is now open for 48 hours.

A 24-hour vote will follow.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 08:02:22 PM »

Pikachu has done an admirable job as Governor and was one of the key figures in the Unionist movement. He would do a great job as Labor Secretary.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 11:12:06 PM »

First, thanks to Blair for nominating me for this position. You all know me, so I won't go on some spiel about my activity levels or my ability to work with the Assembly.

However, I will give some short thoughts on the areas I've been nominated to run. On labor issues, I'm in support of the status quo on them. Atlasia (and by extension the Northeast) already has very strong labor protections, and I see no reason to make any sweeping changes to them. There are probably some things which can be better, and hopefully we can find those out.

The main reason I've let myself be nominated is for the other duties: urban development. During my time in NE government, a lot of my proposals were based around improving urban infrastructure and development, which is something that I think both federal and regional governments have neglected for whatever reason. Luckily, Northeastern cities already have a better backbone than the rest of Atlasia when it comes to infrastructure, but it is very important that we update and improve it, since some of it is quite literally crumbling. Regardless, I'm happy to take questions from the Assembly.

Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »

Pikachu served the Northeast as Governor, and always had a good relationship with the Assembly. I regard him as a friend, and vital ally for the Northeast
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies