The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:29:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)  (Read 7150 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »

Wait a second, who's that boring bloke with the glasses?

Oh wait, you look much better, now that you've recovered from majorism.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2015, 05:32:47 PM »

Running... for Pacific Senate!

September 9th, 2015:
Former President Lumine (CR-OH) announces his intention to run for a full term as Pacific Senator, dropping his potential bid for the presidency.

Well, I had plenty of time to think things over as my semester was ending, I talked to some friends and potential supporters, and asked the crucial question of "do you want to run?". And the answer was a no. First because I realized running for President this time would be somewhat of an ego trip rather than a genuine desire to serve the Atlasian public, second because I really do not have the time or the enthusiasm to go through some of the old dynamics, and third, because there is a certain committment I have been forgetting about.

When I took on the office of Pacific Senator I did so because I believed the region was in need to stable and consistent officeholders, and because the Senate was in need of new members too. And jumping to a national campaign after a less than stellar term to abandon my new region is, it has to be said, irresponsible and hypocritical if I take pride in being an active and engaged officeholder. Because of what I've already said, I am formally stating that I will not seek the Presidency in the upcoming election, but I will run for reelection as Pacific Senator

Over the month and a half of campaign left ahead I will do my best to put forward a platform that addresses my concerns and those of the Pacific citizens, and see if I can direct my current enthusiasm towards the legislative front, in which we need urgent help. The position I will run for reelection for may or may not exist a few weeks from now, but it has to be filled, and it has to be taken seriously.

So to the campaign trail we go!

Lumine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2015, 09:22:33 PM »

Standing up for the Pacific!
Or, Lumine flip-flops yet again

October 21st, 2015:

Yes, yes, I know exactly what you are going to say: Make up your mind, dammit! Well, I have made up my mind, and having changed my mind a few times on the course of my political career I don't why I should develop a sudden case of consistency. That is why I have, at what seems the last possible moment, decided to run for reelection for a full term as the Senator from the Pacific Region (or at least until the Con Con is over, at which point I assume the region and my position will cease to exist).

It shouldn't be a secret to anyone that the past twelve months have treated me in interesting ways, from public enemy to an incompetent administration to a somewhat polarizing President (at least going by the views of my esteemed opponents from the past), then the losing challenger to a Senator (an election which looks a bit ironic now), and finally Senator again, some sort of an elder statesman at the end of his shot lived career. Alas, I've made a point in my career to speak up when people seem to be abandoning their positions or indeed the nation, and for my final act to be one of disappearance as I simply jump ship just doesn't sound right to me.

No, it's up to the voters (not myself) to send me to go hell and it's them who will eventually take my Senate seat from my cold, moderate, hawkish and unionist hands. Until then, I might as well enjoy the ride and continue to promote political reform, greater attention and engagement on foreign policy, some degree of fiscal responsibility and a commitment to speak up when I perceive things to go wrong. I hope, sincerely, that the Pacific voters who are still out there will consider me deserving of another term to try and represent you to the best of my ability.

As always, my most sincere thanks to all of you,

Lumine.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2015, 01:00:05 AM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2015, 03:10:51 AM »

Endorsed! Cheesy
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2015, 05:41:32 AM »

Endorsed without any question.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »

Terrible news!

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2015, 07:30:50 AM »

Endorsed!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2015, 07:31:45 AM »

Endorsed by me as well as Civic Renewal.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:00 AM »

Endorsed!
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2015, 10:18:14 PM »

Endorsed by me as well as Civic Renewal.

Many thanks, my friends, I'm proud to count on your support and onwards to victory we march!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »

Best of luck! You have my support, per usual. Smiley
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »

Endorsed. Let's both get in.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2015, 07:17:02 PM »

Best of luck! You have my support, per usual. Smiley

My most sincere thanks!

Current numbers have us at 72% despite a very late bid, so I must say I feel greatly encouraged so far. Let's hope these results become even better before the night is over! (so for the love of the gods, Pacific citizens, don't forget to vote)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2015, 06:49:13 AM »

Victory!
Or, you thought I was gone for good, didn't you?

October 26th, 2015:

Thank you! Thank you, citizens of the Pacific!

While the results are indeed pending formal certification, the estimates from the Census Bureau and the esteemed Mideast Record-Courier put us at over 70%, which I take as a full mandate from the people of this region to represent them again in Nyman before the Senate. Given the limited campaiging and my own late entry I could not be more encouraged by such a show of support, and the region has my full gratitude.

There are many things to talk about, so let's make this brief:

Elections: First of all, congratulations to President-Elect Griffin. While it is no secret I simply don't like the man, an accomplishment is an accomplishment, and winning this particular election is nothing short of an epic victory. That has to be respected. Leaving that aside, I want to make a public homage to three men who did not make it, and whose loss feels crushing to me. Rpryor, my esteemed comrade, lost to the NNP in the Northeast, Homelycooking, truly the best of our public servants, and Cris, friend among friends, and who would have made the best of Presidents. My respect and my thoughts to all of you.

Nagas: This is going to sound bipolar (it's on purpose), but I will start by thanking my esteemed opponent by giving this region a somewhat competitive race, it was very exciting and even invigorating to see this region as an actual battleground in the fight for control of the Senate. That on the nice side of things. On the other, Mr. Nagas should feel lucky I don't sue him to his grave over his ridiculous accusations, and I refrain from doing so since the Nagas Report doesn't even qualify as a news source (that and because you can't sue for libel in Atlasia). Try harder next time!

SAOC: It is no surprise that I resent when people try to do as they please with the rule of law and they try to disrupt public order, so I condemn in the strongest possible terms the excessive measures taken by the so called SAOC, whose autority I do not recognize. I thus hereby command SAOC to stand down, and acknowledge civilian power as represented from the suitable regional officeholder, or, even better, the federal government. If anything, I hope the President, the Vice-President or the Secretary of Interior take action soon.

And I think that's all for now, thanks again, people of the Pacific!

Lumine.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2015, 12:05:57 PM »

Congratulations on your reelection!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2015, 11:33:23 PM »

Congrats, Senator Lumine. I look forward to working with you in the Senate for another four months. Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies