The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:47:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Office of Senator Lumine (Victory!)  (Read 7177 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »
« edited: October 26, 2015, 06:49:38 AM by Lumine »

Info:

Political Offices:

-One-term Mideast Assemblyman (March - May 2013)
-One-term Midwest Archduke (June - September 2013)
-One and a half-term Midwest Governor (September 2013 – February 2014)
-Two-term At-Large Senator (March 2014 - November 2014)
-President Pro Tempore of the Senate (September 2014 - November 2014)
-President of the Republic of Atlasia (November 2014 - March 2015)
-Current Pacific Senator (July 2015 - Present)

Other Offices, Awards or Political/Media Roles:

-Chairman of the Progressive Union and Civic Renewal
-Chairman of the Institutional Caucus (June - July 2013)
-Spamage’s Vice Presidential running mate (September 2013)
-Writer for the Record-Courier (December 2013 – February 2014)
-Shadow President for the Progressive Union (January-February 2014)
-Special Envoy to Ukraine (April 2014 – June 2014)
-Election and Political Tracker Director (May 2014 – August 2014, April 2015 - )
-Silver Order of the Star of Atlasia (July 2014)
-Special Envoy to Saudi Arabia (July 2015)

Political Parties:

-Independent (December 2012 – June 2013)
-Union of National Democrats (June-July 2013)
-Civic Union (July-August 2013)
-Progressive Union (August 2013 – March 2014)
-The People’s Party (March-May 2014)
-Federalist Party (May 2014 - February 2015 )
-Civic Renewal (February 2015 - )

Past Threads:

1st Assemblyman Office
2nd Assemblyman Office
Gubernatorial Office
Senate Office
President-Elect Office
White House Office
1st Presidential Campaign
2nd Presidential Campaign
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:50:32 PM »

Why not open one? The board is dead enough, so I might as well create an office in case I have any announcements or the desire to outright plagiarize Duke with his Presidential Library, xD

Either way, welcome to my humble office!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »

Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:25:49 PM »

Huh. Thanks, Griffin, that helped me realize it's actually two terms as a Senator!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:26:49 AM »

If only Dead0man and Grant had voted, you would have been Midwest Senator too.

Which in turn may have meant Windjammer runs in the Midwest instead of the Mideast in October 2014 when you headed for the Presidency.

Every vote matters. Wink
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:13:25 AM »

Which in turn may have meant Windjammer runs in the Midwest instead of the Mideast in October 2014 when you headed for the Presidency.

Every vote matters. Wink

Indeed, it would have been fantastic to unseat TNF in that election... But I guess I'll settle for a Presidential term and defeating Griffin in a special At-Large, xD
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 12:28:33 PM »

Every vote matters. Wink

Every vote matters. Wink

Indeed, it would have been fantastic to unseat TNF in that election... But I guess I'll settle for a Presidential term and defeating Griffin in a special At-Large, xD

Dear god, the election where my party GOVT machine in the MW almost failed to elect a laborite. Even closer than the last MW Gubernational election.

I made sure to secure all the toss ups if I recall correctly like thomas D, Brewer,... But unfortunately, there was at this time a big troll among the MW Labor Party whose name is JulioMadrid who was as well the decisive voter in the Lumine vs Griffin match up. And the other problem was Sol who voted for TNF for the presi and Lumine for the senate because his party (radical gay) had endorsed Lumine. And Velasco who had invalidated his vote unfortunately Sad.

Well, good old time Tongue.

And Yankee, just FTR, if Lumine did have won this match up, the Labor Party would have likely tried to run someone like Gass or Marokai instead of me. I wasn't closed at this time with Griffin (considering I just left the Liberal Party) and I wasn't interested by the senate but by the VP office (I wasn't interested to run for senate either initially in the ME but there was no candidate and Griffin believed rightfully I was underestimating my chances in this region Tongue)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:39:07 PM »

Every vote matters. Wink

Every vote matters. Wink

Dear god, the election where my party GOVT machine in the MW almost failed to elect a laborite. Even closer than the last MW Gubernational election.

I made sure to secure all the toss ups if I recall correctly like thomas D, Brewer,... But unfortunately, there was at this time a big troll among the MW Labor Party whose name is JulioMadrid who was as well the decisive voter in the Lumine vs Griffin match up. And the other problem was Sol who voted for TNF for the presi and Lumine for the senate because his party (radical gay) had endorsed Lumine. And Velasco who had invalidated his vote unfortunately Sad.

Well, good old time Tongue.

And Yankee, just FTR, if Lumine did have won this match up, the Labor Party would have likely tried to run someone like Gass or Marokai instead of me. I wasn't closed at this time with Griffin (considering I just left the Liberal Party) and I wasn't interested by the senate but by the VP office (I wasn't interested to run for senate either initially in the ME but there was no candidate and Griffin believed rightfully I was underestimating my chances in this region Tongue)

In 2009 a new conservative player who had joined just six months prior and had never held political office doubted his readiness to serve in the Senate when the RPP Vice Chair offered him his seat. Evil

So what is your plan for your last fifteen terms? Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2015, 08:47:35 PM »

The Political Tracker is back!

April 5th, 2015:

Today Former President Lumine held a major event in his current home state of Ohio, announcing that he would lead the revival of an old initiative of his: the Political Tracker, a news media effort that covered Atlasian politics from May to August 2014, being closed after a series of controversies with the DemPGH administration.

The renewed Political Tracker will try to keep a good part of the style of the previous versions (now considered Seasons One and Two) while introducing new elements. It may not be a daily publication due to Former President Lumine's schedule, but he has expressed his belief that more media publications are just what Atlasia needs, all while acknowledging the great work the Mideast Record-Courier has done in the past weeks.

A thread for the Political Tracker and its new operations is to come in the next minutes.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »

It's really been long! Tongue
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2015, 07:50:56 PM »

The "Confederation" and other affairs:

April 26th, 2015:

Former President Lumine would like to express his repudiation at the formation of the so called "Confederation of Atlasian States", strongly rejecting any attempts of seccession just as he has done since the Civil Conflict. Furthermore, the President has asked the Federal and Regional Governments to react as soon as possible, expressing his congratulations to Northeast Governor Sawx for his swift response and his concerns over the situation at West Virginia on his own region.

Regarding other political affairs the President hopes that a voting booth for the recent amendments passed by the Senate will be opened soon, so the Mideast can vote on these important proposals, expressing his support for the Electoral Reform Amendment and the Presidential Pardon Amendment, along with his opposition to the Fairness in Cabinet Obligations Amendment. Following the reopening of The Political Tracker President Lumine has decided to take a more active schedule, preparing a foreign trip at some point and considering a potential return to elected politics should he find himself with enough time to serve.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 06:49:54 PM »

Foreign Trip:

May 1st, 2015:

Former President Lumine has finally found enough time on his schedule to move ahead with his planned foreign tour, and starting today he will take a trip to Western Europe over the following days. His intention is to visit the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany and Brussels as a private citizen to discuss European and foreign policy matters, thank some of the heads of government and state for their support over some initiatives of his presidency, and hopefully build a stronger relationship between center and center-right parties as the Chair of Civic Renewal.

While the former President would have wished to visit Japan, the Middle East and Latin America as well those places will be visited another time, whenever time allows it. With the June At-Large and Presidential election closing in the President has spent the past days considering his political future, and he is likely to deliver an announcement on his intentions once he returns from his trip.

Finally, the former President has expressed his full support for Secretary of External Affairs/State Superique over the short lived impeachment proposal. He has stated that he believes Superique to be the right man for his job and a very able statesman, just as he expressed his desire to see Superique remaining in office.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2015, 02:14:46 PM »

and now I just have to explode his plane XD
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2015, 05:12:34 PM »

Why do you think I decided not to go to the Middle East? I'm really not in the mood to die right now, xD
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2015, 05:43:20 PM »

Why do you think I decided not to go to the Middle East? I'm really not in the mood to die right now, xD

Smart.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 09:25:08 AM »

Foreign Trip Ends:

May 5th, 2015:

President Lumine has been touring Western Europe to meet with several leaders and political organizations, a trip that ends today with the President's return to Atlasia, a special announcement on his political future to be held tonight. In the meantime, the President found time to comment on international affairs before departing for Atlasia.

"Well, it has been a remarkable journey so far. I will have to wait for the GM to see the potential results, but regardless of the outcome it is always a pleasure for me to be able to act on foreign affairs, an area for which I tried to do my best during my presidency. Hindsight is always impossible to have when it comes to the future, and so it is curious to see how things can change in a few months.

But it is with hope that I see the European continent and its future. We can all agree that the challenges are big, and that there are divisions, but the ideal of the nations of a continent working together is not an impossible one. In that regard I applaud the efforts of leaders like Chancellor Merkel or Prime Minister Cameron, doing the best they can do deal with what affects their continent and the world without shying away from foreign policy. I can only hope the nations of Europe will do their best when it comes to fighting ISIS and the threat of totalitarianism, or the potential Russian expansion.

Regarding current events, I would like to express my concern over the situation at Puerto Santos. As someone who comes from Latin America it is always sad to see when something like this happens, and I can only hope the conflict at Puerto Santos will be a short-lived one, one that doesn't leave the sort of scars that so many other nations have suffered. I also think some comments are in order when it comes to the ongoing situation on Saudi Arabia. I am deeply concerned about the recent tension with both our nations, because I believed and I still believe that a closer relationship is possible, that both nations can move towards similar goals despite the issues of the past. It is with that in mind that I decided to call both His Majesty and the Crown Prince to ask for lenience, and see if this small crisis can be solved to the benefit of both nations.

I will always state and repeat again and again that foreign affairs are not to be neglected nor ignored, and I can only hope that collaboration and communication will our allies will only become easier and more common as time goes by."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 11:03:48 PM »

Lumine for Mideast Senate!

(I don't have any pictures of Heseltine or Urquhart left, so yes, I will use John Major from now on.)

May 5th, 2015:

Despite originally considering an announcement at a later date, former President Lumine decided to shake up things a bit and finally announce his intention for the June Election: an attempt to return to the Senate as the new Mideast Senator.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I’m still here.

Despite all the slander from my political opponents and the fact that many consider me to be Francis Urquhart on steroids (to put it mildly), I'm still here as an active player, interested as always in finding ways to serve the nation while trying to make things a bit more amusing for all of us. With the start of May it’s been two months since I left the Presidency and I have been able to take a much needed rest considering how tired I was after a grueling term.

I will admit that I was honored to see myself in the polls as a potentially strong challenger to President Bore, but it certainly isn't my intention to launch a presidential campaign. To be fairly honest I was planning on making this announcement at a much later date, but as things stand I suppose I couldn't stay silent for much longer. Fate has found me back in the region I entered as a newbie and the first region in which I held office, and it's perfect timing for me to return to public service while doing my best for a region of which I have such fond memories. And thus I hereby announce my candidacy for Mideast Senator in the June 2015 Election.

Mind you, I'm not starting this run because I feel it might be easy. Just like most of my political campaigns it is an enormous challenge to take on such a swing region and the powerful electoral machine that dominates the region, but the prospect of an active and challenging race is more energizing than anything. Regardless of the outcome, I take on this challenge hoping to be able to vocalize and represent the concerns and hopes of my fellow citizens, knowing full well the odds I will have to face and yet feeling encouraged by them.

I believe I am a good choice to represent this region on Nyman, and during the next two months of campaign I shall endeavor to bring my message through all the Mideastern states. As a former President, Governor, and Senator, the Mideast can count on me to represent them to the best of my ability, both with experience and activity. Now more than ever we need good representatives on Nyman that can fight for the issues that concern many of us: Senators who will stand for a stronger and healthier economy, for a consistent and active foreign policy, for adequate and reasonable government reform, for the defense of our challenged environment, for an efficient national defense, and for the spirit of pragmatism that the members of our regional government have showed through the past months.

I must say I really look forward to this campaign and I hope that Mideast citizens will feel encouraged and amused by it as well. I said it once and I say it again: there's nothing better to invigorate a region than a good old fashioned electoral fight to the death!

Lumine, candidate for Mideast Senate
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 11:15:59 PM »

You have my endorsement!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 11:56:12 PM »

Thank you very much, Governor!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »

Here we have the campaign logo (no slogan yet, though):

I'm also working on a schedule and some surprises I have in store for this election, so I'll try to update this as soon as I can.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:24 AM »

Endorsed. We need a Senator who's deeply interested in foreign affairs.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:02 AM »

ENDORSED ENTHUSIASTICALLY!
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2015, 09:34:40 AM »

Obviously endorsed!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2015, 01:50:02 PM »

Best of luck! Endorsed.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2015, 11:45:00 PM »

Endorsed. We need a Senator who's deeply interested in foreign affairs.

Thanks to all of you, gentlemen! It's great to be able to count on your support!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies