Maybe it's time for normal Republicans to form a third party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:30:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Maybe it's time for normal Republicans to form a third party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Maybe it's time for normal Republicans to form a third party  (Read 7286 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »

Over the course of a few weeks, the forum's lolbertarian base has broken.

They've become aggressive, rash, and absurdly idiotic.

They may have become deluded into believing that their ideology of sixteen year old potsmokers has a chance in reality. Poor, poor souls.

calling us lolbertarians is childish don't you think?
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »

It's Rockefeller GOP's wing of the party that causes us to lose elections constantly, Bush 41, McCain, Dole, Romney, Ford.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »

IMO the RINO's need to be purged from the party, if they're not advocating the policies of the Republican party they can go join the Democrats we don't need them.

1) What has happened to you?  You used to at least kind of make sense, now you seem to have gone full Ted Cruz.

2) Who defines who's a RINO?  I bet boboblaw disagrees with GOP policy as much as I do, but because he rails against being "PC" and is xenophobic, he's the "real" Republican?  GMAFB, dude.

I realized your wing of the party is a joke and needs to be purged over to the Democrats

If you don't like us, why don't you leave yourself?  We were here first before all the Bible-Thumpers and racists in our nation's worst region got mad at Grandpappy's Democratic Party and came running here.

please change your avatar to a D thanks

Wow, nice comeback, bro!

The two most successful Republican Presidents since WWII have been Eisenhower and Reagan.  Both held political positions that are closer to Rockefeller GOP's than to yours.

P.S.  People who use the term RINO and aren't being completely sarcastic (like my username) are especially stupid people.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2015, 03:41:25 PM »

IMO the RINO's need to be purged from the party, if they're not advocating the policies of the Republican party they can go join the Democrats we don't need them.

1) What has happened to you?  You used to at least kind of make sense, now you seem to have gone full Ted Cruz.

2) Who defines who's a RINO?  I bet boboblaw disagrees with GOP policy as much as I do, but because he rails against being "PC" and is xenophobic, he's the "real" Republican?  GMAFB, dude.

I realized your wing of the party is a joke and needs to be purged over to the Democrats

If you don't like us, why don't you leave yourself?  We were here first before all the Bible-Thumpers and racists in our nation's worst region got mad at Grandpappy's Democratic Party and came running here.

Wow, nice comeback, bro!

The two most successful Republican Presidents since WWII have been Eisenhower and Reagan.  Both held political positions that are closer to Rockefeller GOP's than to yours.

P.S.  People who use the term RINO and aren't being completely sarcastic (like my username) are especially stupid people.

Until the so-called moderate wing of the party wakes up and realizes they will not win without libertarians, conservatives, etc., they will keep losing elections.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2015, 03:45:10 PM »

They may have become deluded into believing that their ideology of sixteen year old potsmokers has a chance in reality. Poor, poor souls.

Not as childish as unironically calling yourself libertarian, no.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »

Not as childish as unironically calling yourself libertarian, no.

being socially liberal and fiscally conservative isn't a bad thing..
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2015, 03:50:55 PM »

NYMillennial is a troll. Just put him on ignore, guys. He seems to think that anything other than enlightened liberalism is "childish".
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »

God, I have a little fun on this board once and the army comes after me with guns blazing, lighten up people.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2015, 03:53:53 PM »

Wow, nice comeback, bro!

Until the so-called moderate wing of the party wakes up and realizes they will not win without libertarians, conservatives, etc., they will keep losing elections.

Did you vote last time you could?  Because if you did, we're not doing anything "without" anyone.

Usually in the primaries, the moderates gather around a candidate and outnumber the other interest groups (social conservatives, libertarians, neocons, etc.) fair and square, and you actually have the nerve to accuse us of some sinister plot or as if we're not allowing you representation?  LOL.

To a certain extent, I agree with Rocky.  The people who are in charge of the GOP and its funding dollars are registered Republicans just like you, and they should have just as much of a say as you or anyone else ... if you don't like it, it seems rather silly to stay in their party and demand they leave...
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2015, 03:58:09 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 03:59:52 PM by LibertarianRepublican »

When the "moderates" call our ideologies dangerous and shoot us down without question and mocking us constantly (not that I care) seems like the "moderates" don't want our votes or support, which is fine, but don't cry to us when you keep losing Presidential elections if you lose libertarians, conservatives etc.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2015, 03:59:07 PM »

Chill out, guys.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2015, 03:59:50 PM »

Oh, come on.  You could post that in every single thread on this forum, and if we all took the advice, no one would post anything.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2015, 04:02:12 PM »

Fortunately, Donald J. Trump is a uniter anod not a divider. He puts the whiny libertarians in their place and the theocrats will joyfully fall in line behind him.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »

Fortunately, Donald J. Trump is a uniter anod not a divider. He puts the whiny libertarians in their place and the theocrats will joyfully fall in line behind him.

Carson has the theocrats....
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »

When the "moderates" call our ideologies dangerous and shoot us down without question and mocking us constantly (not that I care) seems like the "moderates" don't want our votes or support, which is fine, but don't cry to us when you keep losing Presidential elections if you lose libertarians, conservatives etc.

... Did you vote for Mitt Romney?  Because my point is that I don't think these libertarians and conservatives are going to vote Democrat or third party, and even if they do, they tend to live in states that are already in the fold.  We don't need more votes in Alabama or Oklahoma or even the not-so-populated Florida Panhandle.  We need to start winning suburban voters who 1) tend to live in swing states and in more populated areas and 2) tend to vote more often, making them more important on election day.

So, pretty much, I dare them to support a different party.  We'd both be happier with where we are apparently, and I really don't think it'd negatively affect GOP electoral prospects that much, especially not long term.  It really sounds like they're p^ssed off because they don't have more influence but ... why should they?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2015, 04:07:08 PM »

I have long maintained that anybody using the words "fiscally conservative, but socially liberal" in any capacity other than to mock the phrase should be banned ASAP.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2015, 04:09:41 PM »

... Did you vote for Mitt Romney?  Because my point is that I don't think these libertarians and conservatives are going to vote Democrat or third party, and even if they do, they tend to live in states that are already in the fold.  We don't need more votes in Alabama or Oklahoma or even the not-so-populated Florida Panhandle.  We need to start winning suburban voters who 1) tend to live in swing states and in more populated areas and 2) tend to vote more often, making them more important on election day.

So, pretty much, I dare them to support a different party.  We'd both be happier with where we are apparently, and I really don't think it'd negatively affect GOP electoral prospects that much, especially not long term.  It really sounds like they're p^ssed off because they don't have more influence but ... why should they?

No I did not vote for Romney.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2015, 04:10:52 PM »

I have long maintained that anybody using the words "fiscally conservative, but socially liberal" in any capacity other than to mock the phrase should be banned ASAP.

And what is wrong with being that mix?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2015, 04:13:53 PM »

Yes, we know.
Asian Nazi
d32123
China

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »

It means you're stupid enough to actually believe that social and fiscal issues are independent from one another.
bobloblaw
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2015, 04:18:55 PM »

Id say you do need more votes from the FL panhandle. It is part of FL afterall.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2015, 04:20:12 PM »

It means you're stupid enough to actually believe that social and fiscal issues are independent from one another.

Yeah we get it you hate us move on to something else.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »

Because fiscally conservative is not a political position, it's an advertising slogan. It's meaningless bunkum like saying your political ideology is "not-corrupt" or "populist". Literally anyone could describe them as thus, even like Trotskyites if they chose to.

Also the phrase is exclusively used by special snowflakes who think they've made a ground shattering political observation when they first noticed they don't like poor people very much but also hate it when mom makes them go to church. Because of that, they think the whole word and, for some inexplicable reason, both political parties should spin round them and their views. These views last until the government does something they like, like pay for their college fees - in which case the arbitrary matter is given an emergency bump up to "essential spending" because it isn't paid to "lazy bums" but "hard-working students" (bonus for STEM). The socially liberal part breaks down as nearly all socially liberal moves require government intervention in some capacity, but predictably enough the "fisconbutsoclib" redefines socially liberal to his or her own benefit as "socially libertarian" or "to each to their own", a hilarious distortion of an admittedly vague political descriptor.

Yes, we know.

I will not cease from my great fight
Nor shall my mouth rest with my words
Till I have destroyed fiscal conservatism
On Dave Leip's election analysis boards
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2015, 04:37:56 PM »

If you want to debate the merits of being right-of-center fiscally, fine.  However, while fiscal and social issues aren't "independent" of each other, they're also not dependent on each other.  Being pro-life has nothing to do with whether or not you think more regulation will help or hurt the economy in the long-run.  I will refrain from using "socially liberal, fiscally conservative" if it bothers some, but people who have some left-of-center social views and right-of-center fiscal views aren't these boogeymen, LOL.  It's a possible product of making up your mind on where you stand on a number of different issues, and it doesn't make you an automatic idiot.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2015, 04:45:24 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2015, 04:51:47 PM by NYMillennial »

NYMillennial is a troll. Just put him on ignore, guys. He seems to think that anything other than enlightened liberalism is "childish".

Aren't you like 16?

Lay down. It's past your bed time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies