Massachusetts Libertarian Presidential Debate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:01:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Massachusetts Libertarian Presidential Debate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Massachusetts Libertarian Presidential Debate  (Read 3164 times)
sparkey

Political Matrix
E: 6.71, S: -7.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 20, 2015, 03:10:13 AM »

In case anybody missed it (and surely nobody here did, right?), this happened on Saturday in Massachusetts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKm9bIeznWo

Was Gary Johnson there? No, he still hasn't announced.
Was Jesse Ventura there? Lol, of course not.
Was Austin Petersen there? Nope, not even him. (I wonder if he was discouraged because the moderator, George Phillies, has basically come out against his campaign on the Internet).

Instead it was these 4 guys:
  • Steve Kerbel. It's pronounced ker-BELL, guys. A businessman with no political experience as far as I can tell, he's nonetheless already pretty good with standard Libertarian talking points. Won the debate easily, but there are always more fun things to watch for in 3rd party debates than simply looking for who won.
  • Darryl W. Perry. Who here likes radical purists? Because we have here a radical purist fantasy candidate. Think answers involving legalizing meth, abolishing the standing army, and (seriously) abolishing the federal government. Hoo boy. I've also read that he has intentionally not filed FEC paperwork, which I'm sure will work out wonderfully for him.
  • Marc Allan Feldman. Sort of a narrow-issue candidate with a focus on how campaigns should be run. Doesn't like money in politics. Not all that charismatic. His campaign focus reminds me a bit of Michael Jingozian in 2008, and he'll probably have about the same impact (that is to say, none really).
  • Derrick Michael Reid. Showed up late to the debate and is crazy. NWO paranoia, thinks the CIA may have created ISIS, that sort of stuff. Unnatural body language.

So Atlas, who won? (For me: Kerbel.) And who is your favorite LP candidate of those who have announced? (For me: Petersen.)
Lyin' Steve
SteveMcQueen

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 03:12:15 AM »

lol
MisSkeptic
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 03:12:43 AM »

Thanks for posting. It's nice to see more third party content in the 2016 forum. I'll check out the video later when I'm not busy and voice my opinion on who I liked and what not.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:29 AM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:00 AM »

• Darryl W. Perry. Who here likes radical purists? Because we have here a radical purist fantasy candidate. Think answers involving legalizing meth, abolishing the standing army, and (seriously) abolishing the federal government. Hoo boy. I've also read that he has intentionally not filed FEC paperwork, which I'm sure will work out wonderfully for him.

For those who don't know, he used to post on this forum:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1847
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 04:56:52 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2015, 04:59:50 AM by ElectionsGuy »

The video itself speaks to the status of the Libertarian Party. What a joke.
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 05:26:19 AM »

Disappointed that Governor Gary Johnson wasn't in the mix. If Libertarians want to be taken seriously, they should put forward serious candidates. (Sorry, but Darryl, Marc, and Derrick are not serious candidates). I would love to see the Libertarians providing viable candidates to the mix, but I have to agree with those who say this video is more than a little disheartening.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 05:35:08 AM »

For those who don't know, he used to post on this forum:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=profile;u=1847

Looking forward to the first Atlas POtUS!
SillyAmerican
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 07:01:17 AM »

Should also mention that I very much appreciated being able to view Nicholas Sarwark's speech. He and folks like him are the reason people should begin to take the Libertarian party seriously...
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2015, 10:12:43 AM »

From his own website (this isn't  even the worst part)
Derrick Michael Reid: Problem Solving Engineer, Electronic
Engineer, Registered Patent Agent, Project Design Engineer, Subsystem Design Engineer, Comprehensive Systems Analyst, Economic Feedback Analyst, Market Analyst, Monetary Analyst, Mint Production Designer, Injection Tool Designer, Open Loop Totalitarianism Analyst, Totalitarian Democracy Analyst, Domestic Political Analyst, Presidential Candidate, Computer Programer, Firmware Programer, International Geopolitical Analyst, Hierarchical Command Commander, Strategic Military Analyst, Tactical Military Analyst, Political Pandering Analyst, University Lecturer, Civil War Historical Expert, World War II Historical Expert, Informational Graphics Designer, Battle Map Designer, Military Game Designer, Supreme Military Commander, Military Operations Planner, Military Chief of Staff, Geopolitical Commentator, World Leader Adviser, Bullion Market Commentator, Bullion Purchasing Manager, Patent Lawyer, Patent Prosecutor, Patent Trademark Copyright Intellectual Property Litigation Lawyer, Cultural Evolution Analyst, Natural Evolution Analyst, Human Instinctual Analyst, Human Mind Modeler, Compassionate Capitalist, Strict Construction Constitutionalist, Real Money Monetarist, Social Conservative, Father, Husband, Workaholic, Intellectual, Dog Owner, Tennis Player, Libertarian, Freedom Lover, Patriot, Incorruptible Christian, and a very concerned citizen. 

He then includes the candidates from  the other parties:  Jeff Boss, Robby Wells, Cheri Honkala
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2015, 11:09:58 AM »

Disappointed that Governor Gary Johnson wasn't in the mix. If Libertarians want to be taken seriously, they should put forward serious candidates. (Sorry, but Darryl, Marc, and Derrick are not serious candidates). I would love to see the Libertarians providing viable candidates to the mix, but I have to agree with those who say this video is more than a little disheartening.

Johnson may be following the Bob Barr '08 strategy, where he intentionally delays announcing until close to the national convention but still gets things in motion so that he has a quality team for the convention. I suspect that Barr's strategy was in no small part so that he could miss these sorts of state party debates and not have to be on the same stage with the likes of Daniel Imperato; similarly, now Johnson doesn't have to be on the same stage as Derrick Michael Reid.
defe07

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »

I'd like to see Gary Johnson run with either Jesse Ventura or Mike Gravel! Cheesy
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2015, 03:05:23 PM »

In case anybody missed it (and surely nobody here did, right?), this happened on Saturday in Massachusetts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKm9bIeznWo

Was Gary Johnson there? No, he still hasn't announced.
Was Jesse Ventura there? Lol, of course not.
Was Austin Petersen there? Nope, not even him. (I wonder if he was discouraged because the moderator, George Phillies, has basically come out against his campaign on the Internet).

Instead it was these 4 guys:
  • Steve Kerbel. It's pronounced ker-BELL, guys. A businessman with no political experience as far as I can tell, he's nonetheless already pretty good with standard Libertarian talking points. Won the debate easily, but there are always more fun things to watch for in 3rd party debates than simply looking for who won.
  • Marc Allan Feldman. Sort of a narrow-issue candidate with a focus on how campaigns should be run. Doesn't like money in politics. Not all that charismatic. His campaign focus reminds me a bit of Michael Jingozian in 2008, and he'll probably have about the same impact (that is to say, none really).
  • Derrick Michael Reid. Showed up late to the debate and is crazy. NWO paranoia, thinks the CIA may have created ISIS, that sort of stuff. Unnatural body language.

So Atlas, who won? (For me: Kerbel.) And who is your favorite LP candidate of those who have announced? (For me: Petersen.)
Cheesy

So you're an anarchist?
Marc Allan Feldman
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »

Who won?  The Libertarian Party.
Let's start by comparing this Libertarian Candidates' forum with the Green Party, or the Reform Party, or the Constitution Party, (which, even if they exist, had no debate at all as far as I know).
Four candidates from around the country traveled to Worcester, MA to meet Libertarians and present ourselves and our views.
It was more of a forum then a debate, since the structure and timing was not conducive to go into issues in any detail, or for the candidates to address or discuss the views of the others.
The forum was civil and very positive.  I was very happy to participate.

Marc Allan Feldman, Libertarian for President
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »

I'd like to see Gary Johnson run with either Jesse Ventura or Mike Gravel! Cheesy

Ventura has recently said that he intends to "team up" with Johnson, but I wonder if what he has in mind is a Ventura/Johnson ticket rather than a Johnson/Ventura ticket. We'll see. Ventura may not run anyway if one of his favored candidates (Trump and Sanders, amazingly) gets the R or D nomination.

As for Gravel, he has stated pretty clearly that he's retired. And good for him, he's 85 years old.
Marc Allan Feldman
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2015, 03:40:39 PM »

"(Sorry, but Darryl, Marc, and Derrick are not serious candidates). "

The biggest threat to our national security is our national debt.  I am the only candidate with a plan to cap spending and stop adding to the debt on my first day in office.

I can balance the budget because I will not owe favors to special interests who are funding the campaigns.  Am I a serious candidate?  I am the only serious candidate.
sparkey

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
« Edited: October 20, 2015, 03:58:50 PM by sparkey »

Who won?  The Libertarian Party.
Let's start by comparing this Libertarian Candidates' forum with the Green Party, or the Reform Party, or the Constitution Party, (which, even if they exist, had no debate at all as far as I know).
Four candidates from around the country traveled to Worcester, MA to meet Libertarians and present ourselves and our views.
It was more of a forum then a debate, since the structure and timing was not conducive to go into issues in any detail, or for the candidates to address or discuss the views of the others.
The forum was civil and very positive.  I was very happy to participate.

Marc Allan Feldman, Libertarian for President

Now we have at least 2 Atlas LP candidates!

Hi Marc! I'm curious about what you think of my first impressions of the candidates, including you. Am I way off on anybody? What are your thoughts on, and strategy vs., Johnson, Ventura, Petersen, and the others? Like you said, it was very positive and structured like a forum, so you haven't yet had an opportunity to say "Perry and Reid are off their rockers." (Now's your chance!)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2015, 04:28:02 PM »

And...this is why I can't the joke that is called the "Libertarian" party...they're all crazy with the exception of Gary Johnson and he is the ONLY Libertarian candidate I will even CONSIDER voting for. I am not full fledged libertarian and this is why.
defe07

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 05:05:08 PM »

Would John McAfee consider running as a Libertarian? Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies