More bad news for IL Gov (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:26:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  More bad news for IL Gov (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More bad news for IL Gov  (Read 3515 times)
FerrisBueller86
jhsu

« on: June 21, 2005, 12:18:56 AM »

I was born and raised in the Chicago area (Palos Hills).  I also lived in Palatine in 1997-2000.  It's been 5 years since I left, but I STILL know Illinois politics better than Virginia and Iowa politics.

I remember when Blagojevich was first elected as the Congressman of the 5th Congressional District and ended its two years of Republican representation.

This politically hampered Blagojevich you talk about sounds NOTHING like the Blagojevich I remember.  I remember him as the charismatic leader who was elected as the representative of the area where he had been delivering pizzas just a few years earlier.  Now he's sounding like Gray Davis or George Pataki.

Any chance of a Democratic primary challenge?  Remember that Carol Mosely Braun unseated Senator Alan Dixon in the 1992 primary.  If Blagojevich is so unpopular, perhaps another Democrat can replace him, rather than let the Republicans rise from the dead and pick up a governor's seat.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies