LA: KPLC: Edwards crushing Vitter in runoff
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:11:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  LA: KPLC: Edwards crushing Vitter in runoff
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: LA: KPLC: Edwards crushing Vitter in runoff  (Read 3418 times)
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2015, 04:12:11 PM »

Toss-up at this point. LA is one of the few pretty Democratic-friendly Southern states. Democrats can still win here with the right candidate.

Cheesy

I expect a lot of Dardenne and Angelle voters who abstained from the runoff this time to probably just suck it up and vote for Vitter in the end, but great news nonetheless!

It takes a lot of effort for people to show up to the polls a second time in such a brief period. I'd bet on them not showing up. People tend not to care. Especially when it's a 2nd election with a foregone conclusion in an odd numbered year.

Black turnout in the South has always been very high, even in runoff elections.

What logic comes out of this? The Democrats have nothing there and haven't gotten close to anything since pre-2010 times.

Well, when was the last time they ran a conservative or moderate Democrat like Edwards?
Just so that y'all know: Edwards is pro-gun and pro-life. His candidacy is certainly good news for Louisiana Democrats, but not necessarily for those hoping for a truly progressive agenda in the state.

Hmmm, that wording seems awfully familiar... Tongue
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 04:28:11 PM »

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2015, 07:57:18 PM »

It is hard to believe.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2015, 09:32:30 PM »

Meh, sounds like Vitter to me.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2015, 09:45:51 PM »

Old stuff from the 2010 election -- but still relevant.     

http://cenlamar.com/2010/10/25/charlie-melancon-david-vitter-is-ineffective-immoral-ethically-challenged-and-morally-bankrupt/

This was before the mistress who alleges to have had a baby by him.

To be sure there is lower life in Congress. Everyone has E. coli bacteria in the digestive tract!
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2015, 02:26:56 PM »

Toss-up at this point. LA is one of the few pretty Democratic-friendly Southern states. Democrats can still win here with the right candidate.

Cheesy

I expect a lot of Dardenne and Angelle voters who abstained from the runoff this time to probably just suck it up and vote for Vitter in the end, but great news nonetheless!

It takes a lot of effort for people to show up to the polls a second time in such a brief period. I'd bet on them not showing up. People tend not to care. Especially when it's a 2nd election with a foregone conclusion in an odd numbered year.

Black turnout in the South has always been very high, even in runoff elections.

What logic comes out of this? The Democrats have nothing there and haven't gotten close to anything since pre-2010 times.

Well, when was the last time they ran a conservative or moderate Democrat like Edwards?
Just so that y'all know: Edwards is pro-gun and pro-life. His candidacy is certainly good news for Louisiana Democrats, but not necessarily for those hoping for a truly progressive agenda in the state.

Hmmm, that wording seems awfully familiar... Tongue

Damn, you noticed it xD. Don't sue me for copyright infringement, I just couldn't have said it better myself.

I suppose I should be flattered, if anything. Tongue

Republicans should really be hoping that Dardenne or Angelle lock Vitter out of the primary, or else Republicans could really be in danger of losing this.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies